09/03/2011 [DMFA #1242] delicious, delicious humble pie.

Started by icarus, September 03, 2011, 12:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus

it's nice to see aary not being portrayed as a jerk. the last time we saw her, she was in abel's flashback snarking all over him.

welcome back, aary :o

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Naldru

Aary is probably happy that Dan is coming to learn about his Cubi heritage.  With regard to Abel, that relationship did have a bit of a back story.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

joshofspam

Interesting!

So seeing Mink with a sandwich for the first time is more then a coincidence. I would have thought of Mink as being more of the sweets kind of... Person???

Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised how Aary greeted Dan. She's high on cubi pride, but she also had other motivations in how she dealt with Dan and Abel in the past when she talked with them.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Naldru on September 03, 2011, 12:32:20 PM
Aary is probably happy that Dan is coming to learn about his Cubi heritage. 

She probably believes that Dan being at SAIA will correct what is 'wrong' with his outlook and attitude.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sicill

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 03, 2011, 12:49:55 PM
Quote from: Naldru on September 03, 2011, 12:32:20 PM
Aary is probably happy that Dan is coming to learn about his Cubi heritage. 

She probably believes that Dan being at SAIA will correct what is 'wrong' with his outlook and attitude.

When She left to SAIA when Dan was leaving so there is the chance that she had been expecting his return for so long that it isn't a surprise as much as expected.
It could also be that she's enjoying her job and is a bit too busy at the moment to give too much mind to Dan and Mink.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Sicill on September 03, 2011, 04:14:21 PM
When She left to SAIA when Dan was leaving so there is the chance that she had been expecting his return for so long that it isn't a surprise as much as expected.
It could also be that she's enjoying her job and is a bit too busy at the moment to give too much mind to Dan and Mink.

Yeah, Aary seemed a little to preoccupied with business, as she didn't acknowledge either of them until she passed; she knew Dan's return to SAIA was inevitable, so seeing him really isn't much of a surprise.

Also: Is it me, or does Aaryanna seem to be taking cues *ahem* from Fa'Lina now?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Zedd

Maark30

Aary might feel that the 'Milk of Cubi Kindness' is a good match to have with that humble pie Dan has made for himself.  :mowcookie

(Just a duck to the left)   :mowtongue
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally? I think if Aary really wanted to stick it to Dan? Planning ahead and deciding to barely acknowledge him at all would be a far more effective way of crushing his sense of self-worth.

And we know that SAIA is definitely the place to learn how to twist your target's emotions to your own ends...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bradypodidae

If I had to guess, I would say she is definitely setting Dan up.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

MT Hazard

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 04, 2011, 10:20:03 AM

Did Dan ever get a mind shield? We know he some kind of emotion energy limiting 'screen' but not if his thoughts are still being read by every passing cubi.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 04, 2011, 10:27:30 AM
Did Dan ever get a mind shield? We know he some kind of emotion energy limiting 'screen' but not if his thoughts are still being read by every passing cubi.

AFAIK that was an input filter.  It probably didn't block the emotions he is radiating.  I figure that if his heart sank when seeing Aary, she would likely pick up on that unless she was completely preoccupied, which is probably the case.

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 04, 2011, 10:20:03 AM

I dunno, I don't think Aary is much of a schemer.  It seems to me that in the case of both Dan and Abel, she wants what she believes is best for them, but her methods are not really suitable for their personality types, and for that matter, she might well be wrong about what is 'best' for them as individuals anyway.  (By which I mean that her methods and goals would probably work better on 'Cubi who were brought up more closely to how she was.)

In Abel's Story she was trying to force Abel out of his rut by guilting him into changing his ways.  In the main story she was trying to force Dan to accept his heritage.  But I don't think she was doing this maliciously in either case.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Grey Wolf

Well said, Tapewolf.

I would guess that, being a teacher now, Aary has probably found a suitable outlet for her focus and energy. As much as people often complain about their jobs, if they find one that they truly enjoy, it becomes a part of their life that is fulfilling. If Aary finds her work as a teacher rewarding, she probably has a lot less stress in her life, and people are generally nicer when they aren't stressed.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

icarus

yeah, Aary is first and foremost proud of what she is. i imagine she is, if anything, thrilled to see Dan accepting his cubi-ness and coming to school.

of course, she also knew that as soon as Fa'lina talked to Dan, he wouldn't have much of a choice and it was just a matter of time before he returned. i wonder though, will Dan be required to take Aary's class?

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2011, 11:52:47 AM
AFAIK that was an input filter.  It probably didn't block the emotions he is radiating.  I figure that if his heart sank when seeing Aary, she would likely pick up on that unless she was completely preoccupied, which is probably the case.

Well, it's Aaryanna. She's preoccupied with herself all the time. Just take, for example, the meeting between Aary and Pyroduck in the comic... ;-]

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Sicill on September 03, 2011, 04:14:21 PMIt could also be that she's enjoying her job and is a bit too busy at the moment to give too much mind to Dan and Mink.

Maybe she's trying to avoid any extended (more than 10 seconds) interaction with "Squeaky". :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Maark30

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 04, 2011, 03:06:47 PM
Quote from: Sicill on September 03, 2011, 04:14:21 PMIt could also be that she's enjoying her job and is a bit too busy at the moment to give too much mind to Dan and Mink.

Maybe she's trying to avoid any extended (more than 10 seconds) interaction with "Squeaky. :mowwink

I would have to agree here.  "Squeaky's" brand of cheerfulness can get annoying real fast, especially when the target of it is self centered and egotistical.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Madd the Sane

I wonder what important message that Mink was telling the Warp Aci at in panel 1.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

There's also the possibility, that Aary has gotten over the whole ordeal and simply moved on.

Crazy, I know. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

icarus

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: icarus on September 05, 2011, 08:42:20 AM
but she had a livejournal!
therefore she is incapable of moving past drama.

Oh, dear. I should go and delete my LJ...