03/06/2011 [DMFA# 1224] - I spy with my beady little eye...

Started by Mao, June 03, 2011, 10:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Something that is large and spaded!  :P

I'm actually happy Abel isn't going back.  It's time he faced a bit of the real world.

Dard

Question: Did Abel even know that Alexsi knows that Pyroduck is a dragon?
I mean, she just found out recently.

Abel should be more careful of what he says.
"Wait, you're telling me my boyfriend is actually a dragon!?" would be a classic foot-in-mouth situation.

Ghostwish

Anyone else think Alexsi looks marvelous in the first frame? :>

Naldru

If Alexsis didn't know that Pyroduck was a dragon, Abel might feel that that would make it more important to say something given the relationship between cubi and dragons.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Maark30

Yes but Abel also know that Pyro is the exception since he is in a way his brother (Both he and Pyro are Fa'lina's adopted children after all)

Also; Amber the art keeps getting better with each comic.  :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Inumo

Alexsi found out on her date with Pyroduck.

Abel found out when he first met Pyroduck (Pyroduck went dragon and sat on him; I can't remember what strip it was and don't have time at the moment to find it).

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Inumo on June 03, 2011, 01:39:56 PM
Abel found out when he first met Pyroduck (Pyroduck went dragon and sat on him; I can't remember what strip it was and don't have time at the moment to find it).
It's in comic 683. It mentions it at the bottom of the comic.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

MT Hazard

The question was not how Abel or Alexsi knew that Pyro is dragon but how Abel knew that Alexsi knew he is. How did Abel know of Alexsi knowledge?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

What I find interesting is that I had an impression that Alexsi had swished through. And yet, looking back, the only indications are very very subtle.

Amber is very good at that - dropping a very faint hint, leaving the indication, and yet nothing anyone can put their finger on. Much props, indeed.

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 03, 2011, 02:22:57 PM
The question was not how Abel or Alexsi knew Pyro was a dragon but how Abel knew that Alexsi knew he was. How did Abel know of Alexsi knowledge?

Uh. I believe there was a line there somewhere about Alexsi bringing him tea dressed only in.... well, we don't know. It got cut off there.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LordViking

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 03, 2011, 02:25:15 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on June 03, 2011, 02:22:57 PM
The question was not how Abel or Alexsi knew Pyro was a dragon but how Abel knew that Alexsi knew he was. How did Abel know of Alexsi knowledge?

Uh. I believe there was a line there somewhere about Alexsi bringing him tea dressed only in.... well, we don't know. It got cut off there.
It is in the comic right after the one where Ducky sits on Abel, making it #684. This was right after Abel met Ducky and Abel (and we... I think at least it was the first confirmation of his race) found out he is a dragon.
That bit always made me wonder just how far along their relation actually is though, since their first date is not until much later (almost 400 comics later) and Ducky is first seen asking Alexsi on a date in comic #556 while Dan is at SAIA. When looking at the events then PyroDuck asking Alexsi out, Dan and Abel returning from SAIA and Abel's 'fight' with Pyroduck isn't even that far apart so just how fast is their relation speeding along if Alexsi is already bringing him tea wearing little clothing before their first date?
The first date taking so long can be explained by Alexsi being busy with the inn though.

joshofspam

There's also the possibility that she might have forgotten any point made that Abel new about Ducky being a dragon or her boyfriend. You'd be surprised how many people will forget the details of something big or small. #1075 gives a hint that she heard that Abel was in on this secret.

Staying here and watching over Dan's friends, family and home is quite mature of Abel.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

McKathlin

Quote from: Dard on June 03, 2011, 10:38:56 AM
Question: Did Abel even know that Alexsi knows that Pyroduck is a dragon?

Based on Abel's snarky reply, he probably assumed that Pyroduck's dragon-ness was obvious, so of course Alexsi would know, as anyone (he thought) would.  He just mentioned "draconic" in passing as something to sneer at Pyroduck for.

A glance at the Demonology pages suggests to me that to those who know their Demonology recognize a spaded tail as a dead giveaway of a dragon (as many, if not all, dragons have it, but demons don't).  But most Beings, like Alexsi, don't know the ins and outs of the visual cues that distinguish one Creature type from another.  I think I remember things from around the time of Aaryanna's presence that imply that most Beings don't know the difference between demons and cubi, even.  Aaryanna knew of typical Being ignorance from encountering them every so often, but Abel's been surrounded by Cubi for so long that he may easily forget how Beings tend not to know one Creature from another.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Tigris

I normally do not post on forums, but I wanted to point out that Pyroduck went and introduced himself... in dragon form... to Abel back in strip 683, and Alexsi found out in strip 1068. However I don't believe Abel or Alexsi have ever discussed it, as when Alexsi came home from the date she took him immediately to bed and left Abel working the bar (strip 1090). This was a case of Abel and Alexsi never discussing that the other knew until now.

Scrap Fish

Quote from: joshofspam on June 03, 2011, 04:54:09 PM
Staying here and watching over Dan's friends, family and home is quite mature of Abel.
I'm sure that after as much college life as he has gone through, the ability to exercise some maturity is a welcome vacation.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Maark30

Wow, How could Abel know that Alexsi knew that Pyro was a dragon... To paraphrase the great and powerful Ambar... CUBI CAN READ MINDS.  :mowcookie

Sorry that one got away from me a little.  :mowsad
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Naldru on June 03, 2011, 12:19:35 PM
If Alexsis didn't know that Pyroduck was a dragon, Abel might feel that that would make it more important to say something given the relationship between cubi and dragons.

Given the fact that Alexsi's stepmother is perhaps one of the most infamous Succubi in the world of furrae, I think it's safe to assume she is well aware of that relationship  :P

It seemed for a second her response was kind of a quasi-'play dumb' move, until she remembered the fact that Cubi are also mind readers  ;)
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tigris on June 03, 2011, 11:06:43 PM
I normally do not post on forums, but I wanted to point out that Pyroduck went and introduced himself... in dragon form... to Abel back in strip 683, and Alexsi found out in strip 1068. However I don't believe Abel or Alexsi have ever discussed it, as when Alexsi came home from the date she took him immediately to bed and left Abel working the bar (strip 1090). This was a case of Abel and Alexsi never discussing that the other knew until now.

Welcome to the forums!

Learn the rules, don't annoy the mods and try to keep hold of whatever sanity you came here with. Don't take the karma system seriously, it will only end in tears.

Also, well done for answering the original question.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Grey Wolf

Just because they hadn't gone on a date before doesn't mean any flirting Alexsi and Pyro did was rushed. They'd known each other for a while before Pyro asked her out.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Zaejue

I'm sure it's probably already been said but am I alone when I say that given the current situation concerning Abel and his lack of friends
he only seems like a few people among Dan's friends (and acquaintances) and among them only one or two of them he actually considers friends
of those Jy-squeek seems to be the one he actually likes the most (though this speculation on my part)
He tries not to care but I think it's like he said to Dan about Cubi being creatures of emotion (in all sense of the word) he seems to be keeping his emotion under control for the most part
Though I think he's just trying to stop himself from doing something stupid...
I am honestly wondering how much trouble Abel will get in compared to Dan over the course of the next month

I'm quietly praying he'll end up mock dating Jy-squeek just to get the reporters off the Kangroo rat only for it to go horribly wrong... with sexy results