And he's back

Started by JaxiD, May 19, 2011, 05:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaxiD

I'm wondering if anyone will remember me...

Hello again anyway I'm JaxiD, I was a member on this forum for a teeny tiny while and starting drawing a comic up until I had to leave the UK for various reason. I've spent some of that time practicing my drawing and writing and recently got a visa with a good chance of a citizenship this time, so I'm confident I can rejoin this forum and stay for good this time.

Fingers crossed.

For those who don't remember me whom I assuming is a lot of people... I'm a fan of DMFA, obviously. I'm a wannabe artist with absolutely no talent whatsoever but that hasn't stopped me from drawing every day and slowly getting better. I like sports that involve boards, kiteboarding, surfboarding, kitesurfing, snowboarding, ironically not skateboarding. And now I don't know what else to put and I'm not even entirely sure I needed to put what I did write.

I'm just going to leave it there then.

Tapewolf

Ah, yes.  Manifest Destiny, right?  Welcome back.  Don't forget to re-read the rules if you haven't already done so.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

TheDXM

Yes, yes. Draw every day and you will get good soon!

Yes, it is true!
Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

JaxiD

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 19, 2011, 05:33:31 PM
Ah, yes.  Manifest Destiny, right?  Welcome back.  Don't forget to re-read the rules if you haven't already done so.

Ha I remember you.

Ace memory you got there mate.

Quote from: TheDXM on May 19, 2011, 05:39:37 PM
Yes, yes. Draw every day and you will get good soon!

Yes, it is true!

Course it is I'm just a very slow learner but I'm cool with it.

Actually if I'm up for it I might upload some of my recent doodles some time later.. feedback's always nice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: JaxiD on May 19, 2011, 05:47:46 PM

I'll admit I had to look up the name, but I remembered the first page of the thing.  It was rather striking and I was sorry to see it stop.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

JaxiD

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 19, 2011, 07:02:11 PM
Quote from: JaxiD on May 19, 2011, 05:47:46 PM

I'll admit I had to look up the name, but I remembered the first page of the thing.  It was rather striking and I was sorry to see it stop.

Well I'd be lying if I said I haven't been working on it for all the time I've been away.

Darkmoon

Quote from: JaxiD on May 19, 2011, 05:14:19 PM
I'm a fan of DMFA, obviously.

There's more to this form than DMFA. Nothing obvious about it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

I remember you.  In fact, I believe I had a cameo in one of your strips.  Welcome back. :)

JaxiD

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 20, 2011, 06:27:45 AM
I remember you.  In fact, I believe I had a cameo in one of your strips.  Welcome back. :)

HA! I think I still have that picture on a data stick somewhere too.

I like being reminded of things I had previously forgotten.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering why leaving the UK meant you had to stop visiting the forum, actually.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JaxiD

Why wonder? I didn't have Internet access for a while and then when I did rejoining the forum wasn't on the top of my list of priorities. I've actually been back in the UK for months now and only just decided to do so.