[Art] [NSFW NUDITY WARNING UPINHAR] D's art farts

Started by TheDXM, May 18, 2011, 08:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDXM

Yeah, I draw nudey people alllll the time. So anticipate seeing a lot of anatomy here, but it shall be kept modest. No smutity smut smutness here, no matter how much you beg :v

I shall post some of my crappy doodles from time to time. NSFW things will be posted as links and marked, clean things being posted with ye old image tags.

NSFW AHEAD, PROCEED AT YER OWN RISK DOOD VVV
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/743/headphones.png
NOW LEAVING NSFW ZONE

Here is the first drawing. Nothing special, just a kitty girl silly playing head phones. Can you guess what she is listening to?

2 hours or so. I think it is pretty bad, and I do not know how to draw sideboobz, color maybe if people want.

Signed ~ D

Ps. Mods let me know if I do not have things labeled properly, pweeze!

THIS IS THE INDEX:
Mage Kitty, circa. 05/22/2011
Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

TheDXM

A lil portrait of the lovely queen Mab, ooh lala~

I do not like the hair, it looks very flat. I must draw better hair! The lines are also a bit silly in places.
Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

TheDXM

More scribbles! I will color this one very soon, yes.
Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

Inumo

I'm not the best of artsy people, but I think I might be able to help with your coloring, at least. As Mab is the only one you've colored, I guess that's the one I'll be commenting on.

The hair I can understand looking flat. It looks a bit like you just splashed a texture inside some line art. Try and use the colors you've already got and place them in better reference to your light source so it remains consistent over the whole picture. On that note, the way you've shaded the face makes the nose look rather conical. It looks like the mouth area is getting direct light, so probably relatively similar lengths out. There's a small dark spot a bit above the mouth, so it seems like the mouth might come back a bit before extending evenly out to the nose. Then, at the top of the nose, the darker region fits with a slightly flatter top of the muzzle, like a cat's. My suggestion would be to, if you have a cat or other animal at home, try looking at how shadows are cast when there's only one light source at various different angles. From there, bring the darker regions closer to the lit regions in terms of color intensity so that you maintain the shading, but have a more widespread light source.

TheDXM

Finished! It brings me more practice, so I do it.

Different shading method here... A dark layer which is erased carefully to produce negative lighting. You can put more and more layers if you want! But this one only has two, plus a "normal" shading layer.
Ͼ ♂ Ͽ