04/04/2011 [DMFA #1207] - Cubi Do NOT overeact

Started by DavidRokon, April 04, 2011, 01:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icalasari

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 04, 2011, 03:16:08 AM
The 'cubi motto sounds a lot like what the Jackass motto must be, "...seemed like a good idea at the time." It's a wonder Knoxville and the rest are still alive (and I've only seen clips, not the whole shows).

:U They are cubi!

Quote from: Alondro on April 04, 2011, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on April 04, 2011, 05:25:48 PM
Quote from: Alondro on April 04, 2011, 05:23:28 PM
PS:  Think of the horrors if Cubi were in our world and were taken over by the emotions around them!  Drunken Irish rage Cubi!  Jihad Cubi!!!  Good lord... Cubi at a baseball game in LA when the Dodgers lose!  IT WOULD MEAN TOTAL PLANETARY DESTRUCTION!!!!
Or, you know, just have them watch the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion...

Do not... do not want to think about it...

What emotion would that even be?  Does an emotion exist for mind-twisting bizzarro stuff?  I think they would just die from not knowing what the hell to feel.

All I know is that it would leave quite a mess

And now I feel like watching that whole series and deciphering the ending
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 05, 2011, 01:05:55 AM
Maybe Cubi Politics are also considered a Soap opera.  :D
Taking a slightly cynical view here, but I'd be very surprised if 'Cubi -had- politics anything like the rest of the world, for to do so would mean having more than a couple of 'Cubi in the same confined space. If what we've heard is true about emotional overload/amplification, having a half-dozen or more bored 'Cubi in the same confined space would probably create either a huge fight, or a huge orgy... or both. Sure, SAIA works, but that's definitely due to Fa'lina's meddling - which includes who knows how much emotion damping.
Now, things might be different in recent years due to technology and being able to do remote communication and therefor keep emotions out of the way, but in-person group communication could easily cause problems.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Naldru

What emotion would that even be?  Does an emotion exist for mind-twisting bizzarro stuff?  I think they would just die from not knowing what the hell to feel.
My personal feeling was that the end of Neon Genesis Evangelion was like the end of Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 05, 2011, 05:16:52 AM
If what we've heard is true about emotional overload/amplification, having a half-dozen or more bored 'Cubi in the same confined space would probably create either a huge fight, or a huge orgy... or both. Sure, SAIA works, but that's definitely due to Fa'lina's meddling - which includes who knows how much emotion damping.
Now, things might be different in recent years due to technology and being able to do remote communication and therefor keep emotions out of the way, but in-person group communication could easily cause problems.

I don't think it's that bad, personally.  I mean, they've had 100'000 years to develop some kind of workaround so they surely have ways of damping it or self-control exercises which are taught at SAIA.  They teach pain and terror, after all - if guilt and pity are amplified correspondingly, that's going to be a non-starter (which is not necessarily a bad thing, IMHO).

Besides, if 'Cubi are so highly-strung that the tentacles come out when someone pushes in front of them at the supermarket, they're not even going to be able to hide their race, let alone impersonate someone for 25 years...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

I agree with Tapewolf here.

Besides, they live in clans, and clans themselves would have internal conflicts, which would require a political touch.
Also, Fa'Lina hinted at Cubi politics when Aniz dumped Abel on her.

I still think that Cubi Politics could be fairly ... colorful.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

e_voyager

every society needs time to mature I'm sure that cubi clans are no diffident in this respect.  we saw what happened when Aniz a more or less trained cubi was momentarily over taken by anger. could he have used more training? Fa'lina hinted at that but i digress.  i think abel is merely telling us what cubi especially young untrained or under trained cubi are pron to. he's even made mistakes himself  like when he tried to emotion jammer a being if we take the time to remember it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmberCross

PS:  Think of the horrors if Cubi were in our world and were taken over by the emotions around them!  Drunken Irish rage Cubi!  Jihad Cubi!!!  Good lord... Cubi at a baseball game in LA when the Dodgers lose!  IT WOULD MEAN TOTAL PLANETARY DESTRUCTION!!!!

Little known fact: Neon Genesis Evangelion was actually written by the Dimanika clan. It was actually one of their more successful exploits and has been generating a contant source of food for them for years now.

Maark30

Quote from: AmberCross on April 05, 2011, 10:25:15 PM
PS:  Think of the horrors if Cubi were in our world and were taken over by the emotions around them!  Drunken Irish rage Cubi!  Jihad Cubi!!!  Good lord... Cubi at a baseball game in LA when the Dodgers lose!  IT WOULD MEAN TOTAL PLANETARY DESTRUCTION!!!!

What emotion would that even be?  Does an emotion exist for mind-twisting bizzarro stuff?  I think they would just die from not knowing what the hell to feel.
Little known fact: Neon Genesis Evangelion was actually written by the Dimanika clan. It was actually one of their more successful exploits and has been generating a contant source of food for them for years now.

:mowdizzy What is scary here is that I can picture Dimanika doing that.  :mowmeep :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

e_voyager

Quote from: Maark30 on April 06, 2011, 03:33:39 AM
:mowdizzyWhat is scary here is that I can picture Dimanika doing that.  :mowmeep :mowcookie

heh so at least i'm not alone in that
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

manchac

'Cubi brains have got to have the biggest amygdalae in Furrae!

Attic Rat

Quote from: manchac on April 06, 2011, 05:03:31 PM
'Cubi brains have got to have the biggest amygdalae in Furrae!

That's OK, they're shape-changers.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?