28/03/2011 [DMFA# 1205] - Hubba-hubba.

Started by Les, March 28, 2011, 01:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

to me the issue is that 'maaaaybe a little' sex with kira is like 'maaaaybe i pushed the nuclear missile launch button a little'

so, yeah, the insertion of viable DNA into kiras uterus is tandemount to a bomb. however when bombs get buttonblocked they probably don't go on a hormonal driven rampage that will only be sated by molesting beefcake
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Drayco84

...Maybe Kira is the type to have a "calm" pregnancy?

Oh right... She ATE Lorenda's father over an affair... Nevermind...

D'ymkarra

Quote from: joshofspam on March 28, 2011, 01:31:58 AM
Kria's face certainly tells a tale about how close she almost got.... that and Dan's hand on her back.

Not even seeing her face, it's obvious she is NOT a happy demon at that moment...Though even at her angriest and potentially most deadly, she's still ever so smexy...Dan you lucky dog (er, cat)!

Mabby: Suggestion for new store goodies...Buttons, buttons, and more buttons (or a new calendar would be awesome too)!!!
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

OminousShadow

I thought Dan was above such things as this. Mainly because of his DO NOT WANT attitude when he was at Kria's before. I blame it on whatever has been making him look manlier. Whatever has been doing that has clearly screwed with his judgement.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Madd the Sane

By the looks of it, it didn't go beyond smooching.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Insomniac

Quote from: demecowen on March 28, 2011, 10:43:38 AM
Here the part that bother me is that Dan wanted to get on with Kira :mowdizzy when did he show interest in her? Did I miss a page where Dan was leering at her bootie, or thought bubble what he wish he could those boobs? Sure it possible for Alcohol or Cubi-power taking over his judgement, but still this seem like something you see in daytime soaps.
This didn't come out of the blue, actually.  I recall a comic page some time last year where Kria expressed a very...deep...interest in Dan.  That, and as this page and the last one quite well established, Kria pulled Dan into the room, not the other way around.

My two cents about why he feels guilty about almost gettin' his freak on with her, he feels guilty because he's in a relationship with Matilda, and for the love of Crom, Kria's how many hundreds of years old?  Even as hot as she is, even I would be squicked out by that.  And there's at least one person here who may or may not know how hard it is to squick me out.

jmcallaway

Can't say that I'm surprised.  Well, that Kria was showing SOME restraint and not de-shirting Dan. 
As far as any qualms or resistance Dan may have had the last time he was at the Soulstealer estate--remember, he was there on business.  Kudos for him at the time for putting on a brave front.  Also, Regina happened. Let's face it, Kria may not be a Cubi, but she's had a few centuries of practice at the art of seduction (putting it politely...).

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Insomniac on March 28, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
Kria's how many hundreds of years old?  Even as hot as she is, even I would be squicked out by that.  And there's at least one person here who may or may not know how hard it is to squick me out.

It seems that in the world of Furrae, with creatures that live for hundreds, if not thousands of years being commonplace, age is not so much a detriment or even a consideration when sizing up a potential mate...Where Kria is concerned, it's probably more a measure of experience... :mowdizzy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 28, 2011, 05:51:16 PM
Quote from: Inumo on March 28, 2011, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on March 28, 2011, 08:48:16 AM
Rule 34?
Oh lawd.

This one?

GAH ... a Bordelands related link!
You bastard, I now have to go and view the borderlands into video, repeatedly, until the cravings go away. :(

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

ooklah

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2011, 10:01:42 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 28, 2011, 05:51:16 PM
Quote from: Inumo on March 28, 2011, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on March 28, 2011, 08:48:16 AM
Rule 34?
Oh lawd.

This one?

GAH ... a Bordelands related link!
You bastard, I now have to go and view the borderlands into video, repeatedly, until the cravings go away. :(

or play the game until you are annoyed...
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Anker Steadfast

Well, yeah, but you can play that game for an awfully long time, before you get annoyed.

Unsilenced

Quote from: Garsemor on March 28, 2011, 02:36:41 PM
Ok 3 things:

1. What...the?...huh?...did Dan?...did the comic just? HOW is this comic still rated PG?

2. Dan is propably blaming it on the cubi thing twisting his mind.

3. This will spawn so many fan-fictions.

That is all. Returning to lurker mode.

The rules on what does and does not constitute PG/PG-13 etc. are hilariously contrived and complicated. The difference between PG/PG-13 is (unlike the ever-fun-to-riff-on PG-13/R line) a lot to do with violence and swearing more than sexuality. When it comes to sexuality, the difference between PG and PG-13 only has to do with how much characters talk about sex as being sex, and a slight difference in the amount of skin that can be shown. Unless it's stated/made clear that characters are actually having sex, you can probably pass it off as "making out" and grab that PG rating.

Fun fact: You can say the F-word in a PG-13 movie, but not if you're using it literally. "**** YOU WITH A RAKE!" is acceptable. "I want to **** you right now." is not.

EDIT: Oh, right, what I was going to post before I got side-tracked with the whole ratings thing.

JUMP OUT THE WINDOW! (like a boss)
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

iceick

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2011, 02:47:52 PM
I believe it's rated PG-13 ... which is another way of saying "for teens", and teens sure as heck won't be disturbed by as little as this. :D

I checked, you were right, it is indeed PG rated.
Offcourse, according to tha panda rating, Web PG is as follows :

Pai Gon:  (PG rating)
This site contains little or mild offensive materials.  Basically stuff only uptight parents would get upset over.

I'd say she's still within that rating.
The real question is where are the boundaries for PG-13 because there's a thin line between PG and R. You can have violence and mildly offensive nude scenes and still have it rated PG, but if the violence gets out of hand and/or show the full montey it becomes rated R.

Unsilenced

Quote from: iceick on March 29, 2011, 12:22:03 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2011, 02:47:52 PM
I believe it's rated PG-13 ... which is another way of saying "for teens", and teens sure as heck won't be disturbed by as little as this. :D

I checked, you were right, it is indeed PG rated.
Offcourse, according to tha panda rating, Web PG is as follows :

Pai Gon:  (PG rating)
This site contains little or mild offensive materials.  Basically stuff only uptight parents would get upset over.

I'd say she's still within that rating.
The real question is where are the boundaries for PG-13 because there's a thin line between PG and R. You can have violence and mildly offensive nude scenes and still have it rated PG, but if the violence gets out of hand and/or show the full montey it becomes rated R.

I think you mean line between PG-13 and R... and there are some rules for that.

PG-13 you can get pretty much as violent as you want as long as characters don't bleed or show pain. You also get one F-bomb, use it wisely. Any full nudity (except from behind) is an R. Bloody death and violence is an R. Using the f-word to describe an actual physical act is an R. Have characters speak frankly about sex and it's an R.

Once you get into R you can pretty much have infinite violence and as explicit (heterosexual) sex as you like as long as it isn't on the screen for too long. If I recall correctly, only four movies in the history of film making have received an NC-17/X rating for violence. I do not know what they are.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Insomniac

Actually, you can have lots of bloody violence and still be PG-13, but too much gore, or even one on screen decapitation, and it's R.

Shachza

I want to add to the discussion about Kria and Dan, I really do.  I just can't get passed Dan's fae in the middle panel though.  It looks overly elastic to me; it's too narrow from front to back while also being quite long from top to bottom.  The cartoon appearance seems more pronounced than in the rest of this update.

OK, back to semi-lurking.

P.S.  Dan's nuts.  Who in their right mind wouldn't un-fenestrate themselves for Kria?
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Insomniac on March 28, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
My two cents about why he feels guilty about almost gettin' his freak on with her, he feels guilty because he's in a relationship with Matilda, and for the love of Crom, Kria's how many hundreds of years old?  Even as hot as she is, even I would be squicked out by that.  And there's at least one person here who may or may not know how hard it is to squick me out.

I dunno, Matilda is also 216.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AxiLarin

I was thoroughly surprised, which is hard to do at time.  As I tried to make sense of it, two things popped in my head...

1)  Damn those rum balls!

2)  Kria: "So, cheating on my daughter with your slinky mythos.  I don't take kindly to people who mistreat my daughter.  So, before I make Regina scrub you out of the walls... are you interested in Lorenda, yes or no?"
Dan:  "Er....  no..."
Kria:  "Grrrrrr!"
Dan:  ["D'oh!  Smooth move, Dan.  Go for the hail mary."] "I've been... um.. *gulp* actually interested in you."
Kria:  "Eeeee!  OMG!  Get over here, loverboy!"

Insomniac

Quote from: Shachza on March 29, 2011, 02:42:29 AM
I want to add to the discussion about Kria and Dan, I really do.  I just can't get passed Dan's fae in the middle panel though.  It looks overly elastic to me; it's too narrow from front to back while also being quite long from top to bottom.  The cartoon appearance seems more pronounced than in the rest of this update.

OK, back to semi-lurking.

P.S.  Dan's nuts.  Who in their right mind wouldn't un-fenestrate themselves for Kria?
I see exactly what you're talking about, and have a little to add myself...  Is it just me, or does Dan look more like a Neko than a full on anthro feline since Amber's way of drawing him changed?  I mean, compare what he looked like in the last arc with what he looks like now, the difference in the face is pretty jarring.  I'm not the only one that thinks this, am I?

Drayco84

For the love of Thundara, I'm making a lot of posts in this topic...

1: The movie ratings system was and is still WELL-KNOWN for being a black box. The MPAA has NEVER released the guidelines that they use, and I don't think they ever will. Producers submit a movie, and they spit out a rating with no explanation as to why.
Also, apparently you CAN have nekkid man-butt in PG-13 (A Knight's Tale), but NOT nekkid lady-butt. (R-Rating, if not NC-17.)
2: I brought up the ratings in my first post. Mostly because the 'States has this attitude of "We must protect the children from any and all things related to sex, DESPITE the fact that it's the reason we're all here!". (Obviously, I think they're being too strict with it.)

3:
Quote from: Insomniac on March 29, 2011, 10:44:54 AM
I see exactly what you're talking about, and have a little to add myself...  Is it just me, or does Dan look more like a Neko than a full on anthro feline since Amber's way of drawing him changed?  I mean, compare what he looked like in the last arc with what he looks like now, the difference in the face is pretty jarring.  I'm not the only one that thinks this, am I?

Nope. Dan's REALLY looking like more of a nekoman ever since Amber rolled out the new art style. (Especially in the fourth panel. He looks awfully monkey-ish for some reason.) It might be because the face of the felines (Especially when viewed from the front, and not limited to just Dan.) looks flat. However, since his fur color is almost the EXACT same shade as certain skin tones, and the majority of his teeth are shown as flat all the way across. (Instead of showing slightly more fang-y teeth as even Abel does on occasion.)

...And I didn't INTEND to do a partial art-style analysis with this post... I really didn't. Especially because I sound overly critical when compared to my art style (Looks like this: http://www.xkcd.com/ BTW.) which also makes me look like a hypocrite. Also, I don't really have an opinion on if it's "good" or "bad", I'm just making observations and it's up to the artist to decide what direction they want to move towards.

Seriously, I'll be here for the plot alone. (And someday, I shall surpass the teacher! Muwahahahahahaha-HEY! STOP HI-LIGHTING THIS AND READING IT!)

Edit: That text up there is supposed to be INVISIBLE. Friggin' light-colored site skins...

Garsemor

Quote from: Drayco84 on March 29, 2011, 02:49:20 PM

Nope. Dan's REALLY looking like more of a nekoman ever since Amber rolled out the new art style. (Especially in the fourth panel. He looks awfully monkey-ish for some reason.)

OMG! I see it now! If you really think about it (and maby squint a little) Dan looks really similar to Zidain from FFIX.

lilpuppy23

Jumping out windows is unfashionable now? When??!

OminousShadow

Quote from: Garsemor on March 29, 2011, 04:50:30 PM

OMG! I see it now! If you really think about it (and maby squint a little) Dan looks really similar to Zidane from FFIX.

Fixed
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 29, 2011, 07:54:53 PM
Jumping out windows is unfashionable now? When??!

Since skyscrapers became fashionable !  :D

nevwyn

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on March 28, 2011, 02:41:10 AM
I, for one, support the use of window jumping! It's the best means of escape most definitely!

Bad romance? Out the window!

Murderous thugs? Out the window!

Realization that you could have snogged a demon-mare? Out the :censored window!

Realization that you could have snogged a demon-mare? Priceless!

For everything else theres Mastercard.  :mowcookie

What I'd have politely waited for her, it is likely safer to snog and run away then to piss her off for running away right off the bat.

Nohvarr

Kria: amused smile as she watches dan run away "Humph....almost got him...."

I must admit I'm torn...I mean one wants to make a good impression on a powerful demoness, and Dan seemed WELL on his way to currying her favor, and yet I can not deny that part of me thinks he and Matilida make such a cute couple...

The fallout from this should be interesting indeed.

The only way it could've gone worse (better?) is if DP stumbled across them instead.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Nohvarr on March 30, 2011, 06:23:05 PM
Kria: amused smile as she watches dan run away "Humph....almost got him...."

I must admit I'm torn...I mean one wants to make a good impression on a powerful demoness, and Dan seemed WELL on his way to currying her favor, and yet I can not deny that part of me thinks he and Matilida make such a cute couple...

The fallout from this should be interesting indeed.

The only way it could've gone worse (better?) is if DP stumbled across them instead.

I don't think the city they live in would be left on the map after the fallout from something like that happening.