Does anyone know what this webcomic is called?

Started by ChaosMageX, February 26, 2011, 03:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on March 14, 2011, 09:31:00 PM
It includes part of the redone chapter 1 that was being worked on before the full reboot.

Nice, thanks for that!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dang, boy, You OCD or something?

I was disappointed to not see Acid Reflux in your list, though. I still think it's a shame that that comic never really completed...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

although i rather liked acid reflux at least it had gotten most of its stuff out there, what i was disappointed about was how timescapes barely got started and then the creator got too busy to be awesome
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

AndersW

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 15, 2011, 01:18:09 PM
Dang, boy, You OCD or something?

I was disappointed to not see Acid Reflux in your list, though. I still think it's a shame that that comic never really completed...

CDO, the letters are in order, AS THEY SHOULD BE.

But seriously, my dad makes the archives for offline reading and personal backup should a webcomic fall off the internet.  And I just sent him the link to Acid Reflux so that should bee added soon.  The entire archive is larger than 20 GB.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. I wasn't aware that it was online again - last I saw was strip 470, on the original hosting, some years ago now.

Since that was apparently posted in 2002, this is hardly surprising.

I'm not really sure the ten or so strips posted in 2005 really help, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmberCross

Woah, the old earthsong stuff! I've been trying to find that since I first realized that earthsong itself was a redo! Can you send that my way?

Alondro

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 15, 2011, 02:00:18 PM
although i rather liked acid reflux at least it had gotten most of its stuff out there, what i was disappointed about was how timescapes barely got started and then the creator got too busy to be awesome

I have acid reflux... really badly.  It has scarred my esophagus.  *Charles has no sense of context... and is derp..*  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AndersW

Quote from: Alondro on March 25, 2011, 08:18:09 AM

I have acid reflux... really badly.  It has scarred my esophagus.  *Charles has no sense of context... and is derp..*  :B

I have something that should fix that right up.

Hellbound.zip another comic that died partway through.  Take one and call me in the morning.

RobbieThe1st

AndersW, you sure you can't just setup a webserver on your home PC or something? I'd -love- to just grab the entire mess, all 20GB of it.

Barring that, though, how about these?
Code Name: Hunter(old)
Sabrina Online - What exactly do you have? Just the main comic(currently available), or other bits?

Personally, I have collections of the following:
[spoiler]
"CampCalomine"
"comics-com-bc"
"CrimsonDark"
"CtrlAltDelete"
"Dandy & Co"
"Derideal"
"DMFA" + Extra material
"Dominic Deegan"
"DreamKeepers - Prelude"
"El Goonish Shive"
"ExterminateUsNow"
"FauxPas"
"Full Frontal Nerdity"
"FoxFire" + Extra material
"FreeFall"
"GoblinHollow"
"GoblinsComic"
"HardOnions"
"Housepets!"
"KevinandKell"
"Looking For Group"
"MegaTokyo"
"Namir Deiter"
"NipAndTuck"
"Nodwick"
"Poisoned Minds"
"Project Future"
"Quentyn Questor Space Ranger"
"RealLife"
"Saberina Online"
"SchlockMercenary"
"Sequential Art"
"Six Pack of Otters"
"Slightly Damned"
"SlyggyFreelance"
"Spikey"
"Starfire"
"TalesOfTheQuester"
"TallyHo"
"TheNoobComic"
"Tundra"
"TwoKinds" + Extra material
"VGCats"
"The Whiteboard"
"Worlds Without End"
"You Say It First"
[/spoiler]
Of what I have, I should have everything from the beginning until now. Some are marked with "Extra material"; depending on the comic, I may have -loads- of extra artwork, information, etc.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Turnsky on March 28, 2011, 08:48:49 AM
extra material?
In your case, sketches and half-finished pieces. Most of the interesting stuff you've posted to the chat in the 3 years I've been there. :P

In the case of TwoKinds, all sorts of old TopWebComics link artwork; extra sketches, doodles, bits. All stuff that he's posted in the chat over the years. Heck, I've even got a dozen comics that were "fixed" to have different dialogue for one reason or another; all sorts of interesting stuff.

In the case of DMFA, basically the same, including more found just about anywhere. And so forth and so on.

AndersW

My dad doesn't want to make a habit of handing stuff out.  Some authors wouldn't like there stuff being handed out.  He made it for offline access and to give to people who have SLOW internet connections and cannot go on an archive binge. 

I am willing to give out stuff that is no longer online.

The old Code Name: Hunter stuff is being re-run starting here

And I only have the stuff that is currently available for Sabrina Online.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: AndersW on March 28, 2011, 11:39:56 AM
My dad doesn't want to make a habit of handing stuff out.  Some authors wouldn't like there stuff being handed out.  He made it for offline access and to give to people who have SLOW internet connections and cannot go on an archive binge. 
Alright, fair enough.
I am willing to give out stuff that is no longer online.
Ah, good. That's the important bits - everything else can just be downloaded directly.

The old Code Name: Hunter stuff is being re-run starting here
I'll have to check.

MT Hazard

I'm always a little sad when a decent webcomic vanishes from the web or stops part way though.

Still, not a bad as one I read that the got a good way though, good sized background and archive, then the artist got bored, killed off the main character and ended the comic. They didn't even apologize.

Thanks to AndersW for the zip archive links by the way.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Swiffness

B.I.B.L.E. Heh. Got that from the Liquid Swords track.

bill

oh my god Liquid Swords

you're my new favorite member, Dude With Three Posts