FURiends

Started by JousterL, August 12, 2006, 01:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmmm. Fedora hat and a trenchcoat.... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

Grrrrr, no verification e-mail! :evil

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 13, 2006, 01:26:28 PM
Quote from: Hilary on August 13, 2006, 01:10:51 PM
*Ponders* We could meet cool new furries and snare them in the DMFA trap, plus I find filling out all the little boxes really fun. ^^

It can also group people geographically.  For instance it tells me that Rowne is actually in the same valley as I am.
Not that it does me much good since I'd be far too scared to actually meet anyone...

**EDIT**
Ah, not quite - it's the other side of Mynydd Maen.  Still closer than I'd expected.
yep... that's cool indeed, but I highly doubt I'm going to find people frm Itajubá there
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Leafar

*Ponders* We could meet cool new furries and snare them in the DMFA trap, plus I find filling out all the little boxes really fun. ^^

okie dokie...

edit: jack you from brazil?
itajubá? q doido!

Dakata

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 14, 2006, 05:38:11 AMGrrrrr, no verification e-mail! :evil
Maybe the site (not the owners) doesn't like Hotmail or something. :S 'Caz me, you and Hilary didn't get our emails yet and we all use Hotmail.

Tapewolf

Crashed it! :twisted

SELECT count(members.mem_id) FROM members,network AS n,profiles WHERE members.verified='1' AND members.mem_id=n.mem_id AND members.mem_id=profiles.mem_id AND members.mem_id!=0 AND members.mem_id > 100000 AND country=225 AND state=3559 AND city=...loading...:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '..loading...' at line 4

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

Quote from: Rowne on August 14, 2006, 02:20:07 AM
Which is probably why I spend most of my time hidden behind a jacket and a hat.  Preferrably a fedora.
Fedoras rock. :rabbi

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 14, 2006, 01:52:18 PM

SELECT count(members.mem_id) FROM members,network AS n,profiles WHERE members.verified='1' AND members.mem_id=n.mem_id AND members.mem_id=profiles.mem_id AND members.mem_id!=0 AND members.mem_id > 100000 AND country=225 AND state=3559 AND city=...loading...:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '..loading...' at line 4

I'm just going to pretend I know what all of that means... *smiles and nods*

QuoteYour account has been manually verified.
You should be able to access the FURiends member areas after logging into the
site.
Sweet... Shazam.

Dakata

Quote from: Hilary on August 14, 2006, 02:16:45 PM
QuoteYour account has been manually verified.
You should be able to access the FURiends member areas after logging into the
site.
Sweet... Shazam.
Unfair. D: Mine wasn't verified yeeeet...

*Pouts*

Rowne

Haz: Nullus anxietas, you'll get in eventually I suspect.  They'll look at your problem and at the problems others are having if they want their site to maintain popularity.

Dakata: That might be the case.  Though I did read a while ago -- and I wish I could remember where and give you a source because otherwise this is only anecdotal and I really hate that -- that Microsoft controversially discards items that might be spam without asking, from a list of known spam addresses they have and from set regexes.  I'll look this up, see if I can't find it again.

Still, I've heard of lots of hotmail users encountering things like this and it can't be a coincidence.  It might be but I doubt it.

Thankfully however there are lots of good, free email providers out there.  I like Gmail because I can integrate it so well with Firefox.  I'll quite merrily send an invite to anyone that wants in, too, I think I have 200 invites sitting around regardless and if you don't like Gmail, I might be able to find something that you would.

Before Gmail came around, I spent a lot of time trying out loads of different free providers.

Tape: ... oh dear.

What did you do, Ray?

I just hope that a metaphorical Staypuft marshmallow man didn't trash their server but I digress.

Anyway, that is amusing.  How did you pull it off?  I'm curious.

Hilary: I like fedoras when it comes to non-fictional clothing, they tend to feel right atop one's head.  Though one of these days I swear I'm going to try a bowler hat, if only to have those I know giggle helplessly at it.

And hurrah for you getting in!

Dakata

I already have a Gmail account thing, Rowne. Kitsune gave me an invite like a month ago.

I'm just used to using Hotmail. D: I've used it for 2 years. TWO YEARS.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo. I prefer mutt. I've only been using that for 3-4 years, though - before that I was using pine, but mutt is just... well, it's properly free, which is why I moved, and it's significantly more capable, which is nice, too.

Use what works for you, though. I'm pretty sure most folks here would look at what I use and go "ew" :-)

Dakata

*Posts the link to his/her/it's profile again* D:

http://www.furiends.com/profiles/dakatatasaki/

Edit: We can change the URL thingies! D: *Gasp* (My account > Personalize Profile)

roninfoxtail

... meh, why not? Chances are though I'll never see it again.

http://www.furiends.com/profiles/rfoxtail/

Friend or no friend, I don't care.

Supercheese

xHaZxMaTx

I never got a verification e-mail. ¬_¬

llearch n'n'daCorna

Neither did I. Although I never signed up, that might explain it... :-)

Rowne

Llearch, you rebel!

Though I have to admit, the prime reason that my account seems to exist right now is for gratuitous Ochi promotion.

Dakata

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 30, 2006, 01:55:44 AM
I never got a verification e-mail. ¬_¬
You could always just get a Gmail email-thing, Hazzy. D: I think blue-butt Rowne can send you an invite thingie.

*Is too lazy to send an invite thingie* Nyeh.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Leafar on August 14, 2006, 11:23:16 AM

okie dokie...

edit: jack you from brazil?
itajubá? q doido!
sim, você é de onde cara?
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 14, 2006, 01:52:18 PM

I never heard of a city called "..loading..." anyways... lol
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Miaka

Leafar

are you sure of ALL you said there miaka? juss' asking...

Dakata

*Reminds Leafar that Miaka has a boyfriend, and that she is 14 just like Dakata* >>

<-- Dislikes Leafar

Miaka

Leafar, what the hell are you on about?

Leafar

*ahem*...so, as i was talking to MIAKA...
nothing really, as i said...juss asking...

Dakata

Sorry if I made you think he was being bad, Miaka. I don't trust him! *Hisss*

*Clawhand*

Edit: I'll go in the corner if you want me to, Miaka. But only if Leafar gets a nice kick in the groin first. *Hiss hiss*

Miaka

yeah... so let's stop this random derailing of the topic....

Leafar-Start making sense, aye?
Kata- Nah, don' worry about it.

Leafar

only...i...did...was...ask...YOU...if...you're...sure...you...didn't...type...anything...wrong...cause...it...happened...to...a...friend...that's...all...*leaves*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Leafar: I think what everyone is saying is, you've said "are you sure" but haven't said what you're asking if Miaka is sure about...

"it happened to a friend" doesn't say what happened, either. so we're all sitting here in the dark wondering what the hell you've been smoking and where we can get some :-)

Reckon you can enlighten us a little? I mean, I even went and looked at Miaka's friend profile, but couldn't see anything that might make sense of what you've been saying...

Miaka

that and, it feels stupid to be saying "no offense", but with some past things you've said/done, it's hard to tell what you mean by things you say.

Just sayin'.