23/01/2011 [PF# 154] Are all of Daryil's Statues Shirtless?

Started by ChaosMageX, January 23, 2011, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Seriously, are all paintings and statues of Daryil shirtless?

Also, what is the point of each side dragging a being along with them if the main point of the negotiation is for each side to be able to sense the other's thoughts and feelings?  I'm assuming this is in the case where the being from one side plays a vital role in that side's leadership.  If that is not the case for either side, then I'd think the being would be just dead weight.

Also, are all the cubi we see working there Daryil clan cubi?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 23, 2011, 04:31:48 PM
Also, what is the point of each side dragging a being along with them if the main point of the negotiation is for each side to be able to sense the other's thoughts and feelings?

The idea is that the 'Cubi is liable to have his or her mind pretty tightly locked down, whereas a Being is less likely to.  Therefore, in negotiation, the 'Cubi on one side will have some idea whether the Being on the other side thinks their 'Cubi is telling the truth or is concealing something.  However, that makes things pretty one-sided, so to keep things fair, both sides do the same.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Roger Smith never seemed to have a negotiation go south this quick.

I wonder how Keaton might have bitten more than she can chew here. If Jakob gets into her head her plans to kill Daryil might make this rather unpleasant for her.

Then again, I could see us going off to take a look at how that's going and seeing the would be assassin all tied up in a dress while Daryil has a tea party with him. :)

"Snicker" I could also see Jakob laughing at Keaton saying "Your going to kill my Clan leader? Good luck with that." :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

I figured Jakob would see through the disguise.  He's done it before and I would not be surprised if he did it again.
The only thing that surprised me was how casually he said it.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 23, 2011, 04:31:48 PM
Also, are all the cubi we see working there Daryil clan cubi?

No, and not all of them are actually 'Cubi anyway, FWIW.  Jayhawk HQ is Daryil Clan territory - in that the place is owned and run by Daryil members, the clan negotiated with the local authorities for permission to build it there (like the Jin clan hospital) and so on and so forth. 
But in terms of recruiting employees, attitude and competence are the main concern and they aren't terribly worried about race or clan affiliation.

Quote from: Madmann135 on January 23, 2011, 06:31:09 PM
I figured Jakob would see through the disguise.  The only thing that surprised me was how casually he said it.

For those who figured he was too quick, the next page will go over the how and why.

Tapewolf

...and in the morning I spot a serious problem with the comic.  Looks like I'll be re-updating it this evening.

Tapewolf

It's not evening yet, but I've updated the page anyway.  Note that briefcase - it was important enough for me to add it in in a panic, so there must be something special about it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know, you could have just said you'd updated it, and leave it to the fans to figure out what had been added...

... just to drive us all nuts, you could do the same some other time, only without actually making any changes other than to the timestamp on the image... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2011, 10:11:13 AM
It's not evening yet, but I've updated the page anyway.  Note that briefcase - it was important enough for me to add it in in a panic, so there must be something special about it.

And just what might be so important about that briefcase?

A warp-aci perhaps? Weapons to take over the company by force?  Incriminating evidence?

Oh, I know! It has Keaton's lunch in there! :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ren Gaulen

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 25, 2011, 07:52:25 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 25, 2011, 12:10:44 AM
Oh, I know! It has Keaton's lunch in there! :P
Soulstones. Wrapped in lettuce. :B

With Thousand Soul Dressing! :P

But seriously, I suspect that it contains a warp-aci should she need to escape quickly.  She'd have been foolish not to bring one, just in case someone did see through her disguise, like Jakob just did now. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

If I'd been on the ball I would have suggested we draw a security guard inspecting the briefcase, alas both Ren and I were asleep at the wheel there...

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2011, 12:29:38 PM
If I'd been on the ball I would have suggested we draw a security guard inspecting the briefcase, alas both Ren and I were asleep at the wheel there...

You know, I'm actually curious now.  If she does indeed have a warp-aci hidden in there, what sort of security sensors would they be able to get past?  I mean, they're literally made out of some sort of extra-dimensional material, so would any electromagnetic-based sensor (x-rays, metal detector, etc) be able to pick them up?

I mean, one would think that since all the warp-aci's we're seen so far are black, they literally absorb all electromagnetic radiation.  The only reason they aren't silhouettes to us visually is because they are emitting faint radiation in the visible light range, hence their glow.

Then again, they could also be emitting electromagnetic radiation in other frequencies of the spectrum as well that could be detected by security sensors of some sort.

...Or I could just be over thinking this.

Icon by Sunblink

LionHeart

Well, we have had one in DMFA canon (Fi, I think) who disguised itself as a sheet of paper...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ChaosMageX

Quote from: LionHeart on January 25, 2011, 01:32:26 PM
Well, we have had one in DMFA canon (Fi, I think) who disguised itself as a sheet of paper...

Yeah, so even if the security were to open the case to inspect its contents, they still wouldn't find any hidden warp-acis.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 26, 2011, 12:52:22 AM
Yeah, so even if the security were to open the case to inspect its contents, they still wouldn't find any hidden warp-acis.

You'd have to do a visual inspection and also scan for magic.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 25, 2011, 12:10:59 PM
But seriously, I suspect that it contains a warp-aci should she need to escape quickly.  She'd have been foolish not to bring one, just in case someone did see through her disguise, like Jakob just did now. :P

Why would she need a warp-aci? It's fairly well established (ie, Ambaargh has mentioned at least a couple of times) that the warp-aci draws power from the owner, and that anything a warp-aci can do, the owner can also do. Most Cubi have other ways of transporting themselves than just warp-aci...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 26, 2011, 09:01:40 AM
Why would she need a warp-aci? It's fairly well established (ie, Ambaargh has mentioned at least a couple of times) that the warp-aci draws power from the owner, and that anything a warp-aci can do, the owner can also do. Most Cubi have other ways of transporting themselves than just warp-aci...

Keaton may not have learned how to teleport before she was drummed out of SAIA (or quit, I can't remember which now).  It's also possible that using a warp-aci to teleport may defeat the protections which Jakob and Daryil have placed on the Arctic base, assuming you are able to get the coordinates of the inside of the base.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2011, 09:44:19 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 26, 2011, 09:01:40 AM

Keaton may not have learned how to teleport before she was drummed out of SAIA (or quit, I can't remember which now).  It's also possible that using a warp-aci to teleport may defeat the protections which Jakob and Daryil have placed on the Arctic base, assuming you are able to get the coordinates of the inside of the base.

IIRC, Keaton got expelled from SAIA for assaulting another student, one from the Kamei'sin clan, however that may no longer be canon.  I think it used to be this guy, but as stated in the picture description, he's no longer canon.

Also, IIRC, another advantage of warp-aci is that their teleportation paths and destinations can't be easily magically detected or tracked.  When a being or creature teleports, they leave some sort of magical residue or space-time tear or something that can be picked up, but since warp-aci originate from another dimension, what their teleportation leaves behind can't be picked up as easily.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Okay, we have another page.  This was delayed even further by Keaton spotting a number of fluffs in the linework.  Worth the pain of redoing it, though.  I am still a little skeptical of the perspective on the table.