04/01/2011 [DMFA# 1184] - There shall be Coffee and Booze

Started by Captain, January 04, 2011, 04:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Yay, everyone's favorite drugs seem to work on creatures too!

Or is that another thing to feel envious about? Darn creatures get all this extra cool magic but never miss out on other good things (however minor they may be).

Edit: Fixed your topic title.
  -- llearch
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Tangent

They don't miss out on caffeine jitters or hangovers either though. =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

MT Hazard

Could be bad working in a coffee shop in a creature heavy area, constantly being threatened with torture and soul extraction if they don't make the coffee fast enough.

Also you really don't want to see a drunk demon.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zaejue

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 04, 2011, 06:39:43 AM
...ARE YOU INSANE I wana see a drunk demon

OminousShadow

Quote from: Zaejue on January 04, 2011, 07:53:57 AM

Hmm. A Drunk Kria would be insanely funny.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

MT Hazard

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 04, 2011, 08:48:39 AM

I imagine she'd be a flirty or talkative drunk (I mean more flirty than usual) D.P on other hand, angry drunk.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

OminousShadow

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 04, 2011, 08:52:20 AM

I imagine she'd be a flirty or talkative drunk (I mean more flirty than usual) D.P on other hand, angry drunk.

Would be funny if he became one of those drunks that loves everyone/everything.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Turnsky

now here's a question, i know they can get headaches from a little too much, but can they get (for lack of a better term) an "emotional high"?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

OminousShadow

I dunno. If they could get drunk or high off of emotions, would it be easier if there were around people who were currently in that condition already? And if so, to be able to get enough for it to have any effect, would they likely have to remove their filters that keep excess out in order to get the excess needed for that to happen to them.

With that kinda question, there will be many factors to take into account for what would or wouldn't make it possible.

Lisky

Drunken Kria would be someone i'd prefer to have some fun dancing music around... otherwise she might start some "unusual" party games going.

I have the sudden mental image of a game of twister with a gaggle of wings in odd positions and painful yelps whenever someone moves.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

A.J.

Quote from: Turnsky on January 04, 2011, 09:50:15 AM
now here's a question, i know they can get headaches from a little too much, but can they get (for lack of a better term) an "emotional high"?

We've already seen a certain blue-winged incubus get something along the lines of an "emotional hight" when a certain spotted incubus emotion jammered him.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

ChaosMageX

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 04, 2011, 10:35:59 AM
I dunno. If they could get drunk or high off of emotions, would it be easier if there were around people who were currently in that condition already? And if so, to be able to get enough for it to have any effect, would they likely have to remove their filters that keep excess out in order to get the excess needed for that to happen to them.

With that kinda question, there will be many factors to take into account for what would or wouldn't make it possible.

Yes, why get high by doing drugs and risk the addiction, when you can instead just hang out around someone else doing the drugs and feed off their emotional high?  >:3  Cubi could be perfectly capable of absorbing the emotional high without altering their brain chemistry by doing the drug, avoiding any of the symptoms of addiction or withdrawal from the drug.

But seriously, most drugs that are addicting usually induce a euphoria of some sort, which is a natural emotion that can be induced by doing other activities as well.  Because of this, a cubi probably wouldn't have to lower their mind shields and filters to absorb the emotions that come from doing drugs.

In fact, it would probably be wise for a cubi to keep their filters at a high strength when absorbing the emotions that come from substance abuse, so as to avoid absorbing any of the negative emotions or stimuli that accompany the abuse and withdrawal from the substance.

On the other hand, there are probably cubi that actually do the opposite and work at drug rehabilitation centers and half-way houses because they crave the negative emotions that come from the withdrawal.

Icon by Sunblink

AmigaDragon

Could be bad working in a coffee shop in a creature heavy area, constantly being threatened with torture and soul extraction if they don't make the coffee fast enough.

Creatures don't have a monopoly on soul extraction do they? I'd think that any powerful mage could do it as well.

Quote from: Fluffy...If food is an optional past-time, why not go for the ones that do the weird stuff?

I'd like to see that attitude applied to habanero or hotter peppers. And no, not by a 'chili-head', but by someone not used to them.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

That_wolf

Wait, so Cubi can feed off ofemotions not based on their clan? If so, does that mean they get more food from clan's emotion?
Abel needs a hug...

Anker Steadfast

As I understand it, a Cubi can feed on any kind of emotion, but the emotion that they have an affiinty for might be more delicious / more filling than other types of emotion.
Alternatively, they are just more able to get the fullest from the emotion they have an affinity for.

ie. a woodcrafter can do more impressive work while working in wood, than they would when working with metal, because they know all the tricks to make the wood behave like they want it to - so in a way, an experienced woodcrafter would have an affinity for wood.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AxiLarin

Quote from: Fluffy...If food is an optional past-time, why not go for the ones that do the weird stuff?

I like that philosophy.  Still, it's best to keep away from Mab's brownies.

That_wolf

Quote from: AxiLarin on January 04, 2011, 06:11:37 PM

Muffins are always the best choice.  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_426.php
Abel needs a hug...

OminousShadow

Quote from: AxiLarin on January 04, 2011, 06:11:37 PM

What if she remembered the nuts though?

Naldru

After having participated in this forum for a number of years, I have come to the conclusion that the forum will never suffer from a shortage of nuts.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

That_wolf

You bet!

On a more serious note, I wonder if Cubi have Cubi-only bars, and what they serve there
Abel needs a hug...

A.J.

Random Succubus: "Yeah, barkeep. I'd like a margarita with extra 'Thrown in Wounds' brand salt."

Barkeep: "Ah. An affinity for pain. Coming right up then."
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

LionHeart

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 04, 2011, 04:05:31 PM

Creatures don't have a monopoly on soul extraction do they? I'd think that any powerful mage could do it as well.
I'd think that the most powerful mages are Creatures, simply because of their natural affinity for magic. (Plus the longer lifespans give them more time to achieve mastery.)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

D'ymkarra

Kria...is why the rum is always gone...

I for one, would have loved to see the aftermath of that   :mowhappy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

joshofspam

Quote from: D'ymkarra on January 04, 2011, 11:43:54 PM

Kria...is why the rum is always gone...

I for one, would have loved to see the aftermath of that   :mowhappy

What? Wasn't hearing about it while Devon talk to Lorenda over the phone enough? >:3

To be fair how that could have ended would have been like this http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_259.php and that is why we must use are imagenations.

Strange how Kria at times isn't much better then Dan. I wonder if Kria and Dan will try to drink eachother under the table at the party?

Though the things a Creature will deal with just to get a frappuccino probably surprise some people.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Shachza

Quote from: Basilisk on January 04, 2011, 11:46:52 AM
Drunken Kria would be someone i'd prefer to have some fun dancing music around... otherwise she might start some "unusual" party games going.

I have the sudden mental image of a game of twister with a gaggle of wings in odd positions and painful yelps whenever someone moves.

yes  Yes  YES!  Why isn't there fan art of this already?!
            <-- #1 that is!

A.J.

Because I would fail at drawing it. I also agree that that is an awesome idea.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: joshofspam on January 05, 2011, 01:01:41 AMTo be fair how that could have ended would have been like this http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_259.php and that is why we must use are imagenations.

I'm wondering why there's such a big difference between that response and this one.

QuoteStrange how Kria at times isn't much better then Dan. I wonder if Kria and Dan will try to drink eachother under the table at the party?

With or without the drinks, Kria may retry getting his pants off.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Corgatha Taldorthar

I don't recall the exact comic, and I'm not up to digging through the archives, but before hauling him off to SAIA, Fa'Lina seemed to imply that one of the effects of being an adult 'Cubi is to increase attractiveness. (perhaps some sort of minor shapeshifting effect over the entire body?)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

joshofspam

Well Corgatha and Amiga the difference of reaction might be as simple as with most doctor prescription drugs. Your reaction may vary. Consult your doctor before viewing.

I have my thoughts of why such a reaction might differ, but it isn't as important to me as the laughs both comic pages give me.

Though Dan's exploits to make the best drink while everyone is asleep already attests to a Creatures to try things that might mess with your mind sooner rather then later. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 05, 2011, 05:52:26 PM
I'm wondering why there's such a big difference between that response and this one.

The difference between robe removed (with trousers/pants (depending on which local cultural differences are which) on) and robe removed, loincloth, ah, slipping, perhaps?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears