28/12/2010 [DMFA# 1181] - But what about the vase?

Started by Madd the Sane, December 28, 2010, 05:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

Interesting history lesson.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

MT Hazard

It seems that the transition Dev felt would be somewhere between waking up after a life time of sleepwalking and being born an adult, massive existential headache either way.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Ghostwish

Wow. I don't think anyone predicted this. It sure blew me for a loop.. Dark Pegasus, what have you done?

Very nicely done Mab. :D

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Ghostwish on December 28, 2010, 08:49:52 AM

Dark Pegasus, what have you done?

From what we've seen before, it's what he's usually done in these big, complicated schemes of his... stepped on a portion of his own anatomy in a big way.   :rolleyes
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

joshofspam

I'm beginning to think DP might be responsible for Devon's metal plated arms.

Taking in Devon to see whats wrong after DP's failore might explain where he got them from. Though Lorenda practicing magic for the first time and blowing everyone across the room is just as likely reason. :P

I'm beginning to wonder if a Being and Creature town was just a convenient way to get a constent supply of servants and soldiers? Hmmmm... Just how many people were dead in and outside that fort when Devon died?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

It does seem a bit odd that he could exist for hundreds of years intact but then end up losing chunks out of both arms and sections of his tail inside a few decades.

joshofspam

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 28, 2010, 10:10:31 AM
It does seem a bit odd that he could exist for hundreds of years intact but then end up losing chunks out of both arms and sections of his tail inside a few decades.

Maybe having free will made him clumsy. When a mind starts to wonder from an important task things can happen.

I think the demonology mentioned something about them being quite accident prone.

MT Hazard

It mentions that they do not feel pain and some feel nothing at all. With that lack of sensation it would be all to easy to damage yourself or even lose an entire limb, considering they don't heal it could be a build up of minor bumps and bruises.

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Yep, definitely Impure World Resurrection gone amok.  ;3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

lilpuppy23

My immediate thought upon reading today's update was the following:

Panel2: ...
Panel3: BZZzzzTt! AAAARrrraaaaaahg!!!!

Or something along those lines.

Shachza

Yep, Kria is still awesome (always has been, since this is a flashback?).  Even this much younger-looking version of her that's just in ordinary street clothes is...

WAIT!

Is that unDevin acquiring a SOUL?!  Holy schlamoley!  Neat!
            <-- #1 that is!

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Shachza on December 28, 2010, 04:20:02 PM

Even this much younger-looking version of her that's just in ordinary street clothes is...

Not all that much younger, if we're seeing the events of 40 years ago; remember, she's only a couple decades older than Abel. What's she doing here, anyway? Applying makeup? I can't quite make out what's happening in that middle panel.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Naldru

My assumption was that Kria was trying to decide where to place the various decorations around the home.  Trying them in all of the locations would probably be a good task for someone without a mind.  After several hours of "Maybe it would look better over there", most men would lose their mind anyway.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Nino

I just think it's funny that when DP cast the spell to try and take over the world with undead Kria was inside nonchalantly rearranging furniture =p

Unsilenced

All we want to do is eat your brains
We're not unreasonable
I mean no-one's gunna eat your eyes.

All we want to do is eat your brains
We're at an impasse here,
maybe we should compromise

Just open up the doors,
and we'll all come inside
and eat your brains!

:idol
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Daymond42

Wonder if the undead like to listen to Neil Diamond. Undead Neil Diamond singing "Eat Caroline" (bum bum bummmm)...

Hmm.. Karaoke time!

Captain

It looks like Kria is painting or drawing or something on herself.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Alondro

Of course, seeing this, we all should realize this kinda makes it worse about Kria and Devin.  Even knowing that Abel and Devin were pals, she animated his corpse to make him her zombie-slave rather than giving him a proper burial. 

I can't see Abel finding any of this acceptable; hence, there shall be angst and rage! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kirishala

Quote from: Alondro on December 29, 2010, 09:08:20 AM
Of course, seeing this, we all should realize this kinda makes it worse about Kria and Devin.  Even knowing that Abel and Devin were pals, she animated his corpse to make him her zombie-slave rather than giving him a proper burial. 

I can't see Abel finding any of this acceptable; hence, there shall be angst and rage! 
Kria wasn't the one who reanimated Devin, it was Dark Pegasus (see Dev's cast page), we don't know if Kria had anything to do with Devin's reanimation.  Also I don't think that Kria was aware that Devin and Abel were more than acquaintances given that all we know that she saw of them was during the attack.

A.J.

Hmmm... If I remember correctly, Devin and Able went to the same school, yes? So wouldn't Kria have seen them interacting with each other?
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Spirit Studios on December 29, 2010, 11:18:34 AM
Hmmm... If I remember correctly, Devin and Able went to the same school, yes? So wouldn't Kria have seen them interacting with each other?

Nope. They went to the same school, but not in Zinvth. And Kria was only his teacher in Zinvth.

See:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_19.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_24.php
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

A.J.

Ahh... well, that theory is out the window. Though those links did make me re-read and this page does stand out a bit.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

TheZombie

Quote from: SpottedKitty on December 28, 2010, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Shachza on December 28, 2010, 04:20:02 PM

Even this much younger-looking version of her that's just in ordinary street clothes is...

Not all that much younger, if we're seeing the events of 40 years ago; remember, she's only a couple decades older than Abel. What's she doing here, anyway? Applying makeup? I can't quite make out what's happening in that middle panel.

She is a wee bit older than a few decades

http://missmab.com/Comics/PD_15.php

Rambon

Quote from: TheZombie on December 30, 2010, 11:57:33 AM

she's a few years older than Abel.

Personally i think she's referring to the general lifespan of a demon in the Perfect date arc.

joshofspam

Quote from: Rambon on December 30, 2010, 12:29:24 PM
Quote from: TheZombie on December 30, 2010, 11:57:33 AM

she's a few years older than Abel.

Personally i think she's refering to the general lifespan of a demon in the Perfect date arc.

It's true.

She was quite young some may think when she started teaching Abel at her class and Abel's story takes place three hundred plus years in the past from the current story. In a way Kria seems to be much the rebel that Lorenda is now. Which might explain why Kria tries so hard to give her daughter as much freedom as possible.

In the dating sim she was simply stating the fact that their age freezes at twenty for a thousand y-

0ooh! Ice cream truck!

Dragonsbane

I love the "Aim for the head" in the last comic, but in the newest one, I love that Kria is more worried about devin than she is the vase he has just dropped, Kria may be evil, but she has a heart...of evil and perversion :mowcookie

Captain

Of course, who would think vases are more important than undead slaves?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

joshofspam

Kria has proved to be quite caring at times.

Maybe the scream we're not hearing in the flash back might have triggered some of those feelings that she had for Abel and May. She may have even a sentimental attachment to Devon because of being close to Abel when she found him.

Many memories of the past might be bittersweet to Kria. Devon and Lorenda might be means of compensating what she lost in the past on that sad day her friend was assaulted, her well liked pupal was taken, and taking up in the family business. Kria may be tough and having fun now, but she has had a few hard knocks that life has handed her too.

Shachza

Gah!  I didn't put 2 and 2 together.  You guys are right, Kria's not that much older now than she was in this short flashback.  Oops.

She's showing a lot of attachment to Devin in the flashback.  Since she's a demon I doubt it's because he's her favorite mindless zombie.  I think she somehow knows him from before his death.
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

Considering that Kria wanted Lorenda to have a tantrum in the room full of rare vases, I don't think she puts much stock in items as such.

Besides, the vase had it coming  !  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.