19/12/2010 [DMFA# 1178] - Unexpected, Terrifying, AND Hilarious

Started by Icalasari, December 19, 2010, 01:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icalasari

Abel looks both insane and sexy in the first panel...

Edit: Fixed your title. Hope you don't mind.
  -- llearch
  P.S.: Too bad if you do.
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

RandomMetaphysics

This was one freaking awesome update :3

Lorenda's face in panel three made me laugh.
She's acting like a kid who was just told that there's an all-you-can-eat event at the local candy store :P

Madmann135

I will skip my mind in gutter moment and say... Lorenda is surely cute and scary when she is excited.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Inumo

Abel's initial reaction (aka 1st panel) seems a rather sudden and odd change from the mind-snapping of the last comic... It looks like he just heard something ridiculously funny, whereas the previous comic seems to be shocked. Then it changes to anger... Rather crazy mood swings.

Nino

Wow, Abel's really pissed about it, like he's not only extremely upset that Devin is undead (as opposed to dead), but like he's accusing Lorenda of being responsible as well. Just look at that angry face in panel 2.

iceick

Tapewolf

Quote from: Inumo on December 19, 2010, 02:56:58 AM
Abel's initial reaction (aka 1st panel) seems a rather sudden and odd change from the mind-snapping of the last comic... It looks like he just heard something ridiculously funny, whereas the previous comic seems to be shocked. Then it changes to anger... Rather crazy mood swings.

I think the first panel is him trying very hard to mask the fact that he's unpleasantly surprised about it.
I absolutely love his expression in the last panel, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Captain

best third panel ever.

I think Lorenda is gonna explode (if she hasn't already).
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Tapewolf

The other point I was going to make was that until recently, Abel thought Devin was a product of his own insanity.  Now that he finds Devin is actually real, he's switched more into a 'Who's done this!?!' mode.

This could get very, very interesting when he finds out it was DP who dunnit.  It could potentially see Abel helping Dan against Dark Pegasus.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2010, 05:34:00 AM

This could get very, very interesting when he finds out it was DP who dunnit.  It could potentially see Abel helping Dan against Dark Pegasus.

until first blood.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not only that, Abel's response to "you knew him when he was alive?" could well be "He wasn't when I left him."

... which could be taken in all the wrong ways. *cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

I think if suffices to say that Lorenda is now the envy of all the Abel fans out there. ;)

That_wolf

Abel's experiencing a MASIVE mood whiplash. From panicky, to herp derp(I'm sorry, his "Open... ice tray" face is hilarious) to mind snapped, to deceitful, to anger, to confused, and finishing off at "Help?"
Abel needs a hug...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: iceick on December 19, 2010, 03:46:19 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on December 19, 2010, 02:13:29 AM
I will skip my mind in gutter moment and say... Lorenda is surely cute and scary when she is excited.
You mean like Fa'lina?

Amber is always good at Scarey and Cute at the same time.   Lorenda is acting like a teen-age who was told her teen idol is coming to town.  I wonder that Teenhood fantasies she has of Devin...

PBH

PS... Amber, December is too BIG to go hiding under the couch... ...It is most likely under your bed with the other months of the year.  They slip under there, when you are sleeping.

D'ymkarra

Talk about running the spectrum of emotions....Abel seems a little relieved that Devin is still 'alive' (even if he is undead), seeing as he felt kind of responsible for his death in the first place.

Woo boy...this could lead to all sorts of strange and funny.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

joshofspam

I take it Devon has been like an older brother to Lorenda.

It isn't so surprising that she would get all excited in possibly reuniting an old acquaintance for him. If Abel is now going to the party I see them both making snarky comments about how stupid DP and Dan are acting at the party. :3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Inumo

Just realized, Amber set the backgrounds to match the moment more. Abel's first, weird laughing-without-being-happy panel's drippy brown with cream, then the next panel where he appears to be getting angry is a darker brown. After that, panel three is suddenly tan, with a small cream-colored circle radiating out from Lorenda, and panel four is cream with a sun burst centered on Abel/Lorenda.

Woo, go Amber! :P

Angel

:boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie

I think that about sums up my reaction to all this. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

entropicage

Which just leads me to ask... What's so important about someone knowing Devin when he was alive? Is it for Devin's sake, or Lorenda's? Does she have some sneaky plan, or just want to know more about the blue wonder pre-deathification?

LionHeart

According to his cast page, Devin has no memories of his life. Lorenda might be thinking that Abel could help to fill in some of the void in his memory.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on December 19, 2010, 12:12:14 PM
According to his cast page, Devin has no memories of his life. Lorenda might be thinking that Abel could help to fill in some of the void in his memory.

Yeah, I'm sure Cookies 'n' Cream would enjoy that. "So, he pulled my head-wings, stood up, and got splashed all over my face."...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

Quote from: LionHeart on December 19, 2010, 12:12:14 PM

Well seeing as Devin didn't recognize Abel at all, chances are the three of them sitting down to try and jumpstart Devin's memory, would end in epic fail  :<
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 19, 2010, 01:57:30 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Cookies 'n' Cream would enjoy that. "So, he pulled my head-wings, stood up, and got splashed all over my face."...

That and they held each other in contempt for about 16 years until the day Devin died and Abel "turned into a monster"...

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2010, 05:34:00 AMIt could potentially see Abel helping Dan against Dark Pegasus.
But there is Abel's relationship with Kria to consider. She's something of a motherly figure to him, even if only marginally. She was part of his life when his world was ripped apart, could he really assault her brother?

Which makes me realize: does Abel know that Lorenda is Kria's daughter?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 19, 2010, 03:35:40 PM
But there is Abel's relationship with Kria to consider. She's something of a motherly figure to him, even if only marginally. She was part of his like when his world was ripped apart, could he really assault her brother?

Hard to say.  She was tempted to sell DP out when Dan showed up.

Also, it is possible that he overheard Fa'Lina implying that Kria was responsible for the massacre that killed Devin during the hospital visit. 

(e.g.  http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_085.php  ...and later pages)

...which might mean that he has less than affectionate feelings for Kria.

QuoteWhich makes me realize: does Abel know that Lorenda is Kria's daughter?

It hasn't been revealed yet, as far as I know.  But it's going to be interesting to find out.

Captain

I thought it was obviously no, he doesn't know Lorenda is Kria's daughter.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Cassi-kun

Shyeah, a better question probably would have been does he even know she's part of the Soulstealer family at all.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Kirishala

Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 19, 2010, 06:41:35 PM
Shyeah, a better question probably would have been does he even know she's part of the Soulstealer family at all.
He does

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Kirishala on December 19, 2010, 08:17:03 PM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 19, 2010, 06:41:35 PM
He does

Yea, he knows Kria is
Abel might not know Lorenda is a member of the Soulstealer clan.  When one talks of Friends to new friends, you may not remember to state their last names.

PBH