12/12/2010 [DMFA# 1176] Return of the Sucker punch!

Started by Lego3400, December 12, 2010, 03:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Actually I'm not quite sure what happened in panels 2 and 3... (then again I'm half alseep)

Madd the Sane

What spell did Abel use? Something gassy by the looks of it.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Congo Jack

I hope the visual effect of Abel's spell isn't a big slapping hand?  :mowtongue

Jasonrevall

I think Abel just quick buffed his wings and bashed Lorenda with them into the kitchen. I wonder how jumpy Able would be if he played Silent Hill XD.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

joshofspam

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Drayco84

Quote from: Lego3400 on December 12, 2010, 03:32:45 AM
Actually I'm not quite sure what happened in panels 2 and 3... (then again I'm half alseep)
Probably the equivalent of ye olde Magic Missile, but that's just my educated guess.

hartree

Abel Rewanz: Cowpuncher.

He better watch that he doesn't get branded for this.  :mowhappy
Shoes for industry!

D'ymkarra

Quote from: hartree on December 12, 2010, 12:39:23 PM
Abel Rewanz: Cowpuncher.

He better watch that he doesn't get branded for this.  :mowhappy

If Lorenda wasn't such a good sport (and it wasn't her fault for scaring him in the first place), she'd likely have already 'branded' his face with her hoof  :giggle
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Evilkritter

I see that some people are confused by the nuances of the (magical) SUCKERPUNCH! Allow me to explain in traditional DMFA fashion, with a diagram!

Now, you see, this particular attack is so sneaky that it is hard to see at all! So, I guess Abel did take some combat classes.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Evilkritter on December 12, 2010, 02:29:11 PM
I see that some people are confused by the nuances of the (magical) SUCKERPUNCH! Allow me to explain in traditional DMFA fashion, with a diagram!

Cute, but it kind of broke the thread naming convention.

MT Hazard

Prediction of next comic:

Jy: What the hell Abel! we don't punch friends into another room!

Abel: I'm sorry! I think I'm going mad! I saw a floating bubblegum bunny girl!

Jy: Oh, you met Debbs?

Abel: You... know her?

Jy: I should think so, I'm her father.

Abel:........ (feeds on his own confusion until he gets a massive headache)

Of course, now I've said this its wrong....

edit: -5, I annoyed that many people?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Captain

Oh that sword trick it's been so long since I saw it.

Btw, Jyrras was spooked too. Question is, who was spooked more. If Jyrras knew magic or took combat classes would he sucker punch lorenda too or almost do it?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Madd the Sane

When Lorenda sees Abel: "You're Abel, but where are your... assets?" then Abel pulls down his pants.

nicoreon the tyrannical

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 12, 2010, 04:11:07 PM
When Lorenda sees Abel: "You're Abel, but where are your... assets?" then Abel pulls down his pants.

Reread their meeting she covered the gender thing, be it with the squirt bottle of punishment.

note thou it is hard to see female (looking), changing, male. Of coerce more resonantly she would have to be blind not to have noticed hear!

Unsilenced

Now, you see, this particular attack is so sneaky that it is hard to see at all! So, I guess Abel did take some combat classes.

:blankstare

You put too much time/thought into this.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Captain

oh that wouldn't happen.

But neither shall female Abel come back  :<
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Madd the Sane

Quote from: nicoreon the tyrannical on December 12, 2010, 04:37:36 PM

Reread their meeting she covered the gender thing, be it with the squirt bottle of punishment.

note thou it is hard to see female (looking), changing, male. Of coerce more resonantly she would have to be blind not to have noticed hear!
Ugh, forgot about that D:

Infranscia

Hmm...  I noticed the spell in the second panel, though I didn't look much at details.  Actually, to me, that 'arc' near Abel's hand looks like a ring or 'disc' of magic around his hand (not too different from the shields or Abel's ward), except you can only see part of the edge.

...Anyway...

Abel's tail is fluffed again.  I like seeing the flufftail. :mowmeep  It kinda reminds me of my own cats.  It's straight too.  And his wings are also fluffed. :mowsmile  Fluffyyyy~

...And now I'm wondering what Abel would look like if all his fur was standing on end, and I mean ALL of it.  :mowwink

I also just noticed the '(magical) SUCKERPUNCH!' between panels two and three.  Or is that new?  I'm pretty much just wondering whether the thread was named for it, or if it was put there because of the thread.

EDIT: Also, looking at the bubble tails;  Amber, if you continue with this for awhile, may I give a little suggestion?  When someone's shouting or screaming or suchlike, in addition to the little 'explosions' (or whatever you'd like to call it), try making the bubble tail straight, narrow, and pointy, possibly even with motion lines nearby as if to suggest that the tail is 'snapping taught.'  It should help give what the character says/shouts more 'punch.'  :mowwink
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Alondro

At least it wasn't FALCON PUNCH!!!

Maybe more like Haiwaian Punch.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Starcat5

Quote from: Unsilenced on December 12, 2010, 04:38:00 PM

Yes he did, and he STILL screwed it up. That is one of his swords/daggers being ported in. The Sucker Punch Spell came from his wings.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 12, 2010, 02:43:33 PM
Jy: What the hell Abel! we don't punch friends into another room!
Abel: I'm sorry! I think I'm going mad! I saw a floating bubblegum bunny girl!
Jy: Oh, you met Debbs?
Abel: You... know her?
Jy: I should think so, I'm her father.
Abel:........ (feeds on his own confusion until he gets a massive headache)

Ha ha, I could easily see something like this happen.
Abels brain getting broken .. again.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

This could also be where he finds out who Lorenda's mother and uncle are, as well as the fact that the uncle is still moving around.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Vanvidum

No he didn't!

For example, he didn't at all detail the apparent relevance of appendage inertia to magical bursts!

That_wolf

Awww, Abel needs a hug. Really badly, by how his day(?) has been going. Has it been one day since he gryphon-flew?
Abel needs a hug...

Evilkritter

What is this? My theory is not universally accepted by my fellow forum goers? Such madness! This requires more diagramming.

Quote from: starcat5 on December 12, 2010, 11:46:57 PM

(Evilkritter's amazing, yet space filling diagram!)

Yes he did, and he STILL screwed it up. That is one of his swords/daggers being ported in. The Sucker Punch Spell came from his wings.

(A) Able would have to twist his hand to hold the knife if that was the way it was forming, or else he would drop it. (B)  I was going to make the case that the gas matches the color of the magic, but I can't find a matching Point of Reference. (C) I guess the gas spell could have come from the wings.

Basically though, I think the implication of the hand in panel two was that Abel jumped with the (magical) SUCKERPUNCH as soon as Lorenda jumped out; thus she was cut off mid sentence when the gas-spell hit. Otherwise Abel would have had to panic-react to punch her, but still have taken long enough so that Lorenda could start talking to Jyrras. The more likely scenario (in my opinion) is that he reflexively threw the gas spell and readied all weapons before his brain kicked in.

Quote from: Vanvidum on December 13, 2010, 07:55:17 AM

No he didn't!

For example, he didn't at all detail the apparent relevance of appendage inertia to magical bursts!

If I understand you right, that is a valid interpretation. I though the arc was an arc of motion, but it makes more sense as spell bloom. So I hereby adopt Still Hands Theory!

Unsilenced

Losers.

Losers everywhere.

Also: Am I the only one who thought Able punched her with his wing/tentacle things? I mean... that's totally what it looks like happened.

No, I don't have a diagram to prove it.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Tapewolf

Actually for the first few seconds, I though Lorenda had burped or something.  There was all this weird green gas in the last panel.  I only saw the spell in the middle panel afterwards...

Evilkritter

Unsilenced, I have no doubt that other people at some point thought that Abel punched Lorenda, but now none of them will admit to it for fear of the crazies.