[2010-11-27] PF #146 Lifetime warranty gets a new meaning.

Started by VAE, November 26, 2010, 07:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Quote from: Drathorin on November 30, 2010, 11:06:54 PM
Quote from: VAE on November 30, 2010, 08:23:02 PM
I remember the utter crud passing for supposedly  precise cut ancorlam cores we got from a machine shop several times, they hillariously had "Precision" in the company's name , and therefore think that anyone who does the above to a crappy supplier is a hero with capital H.
I remember once looking at materials on hand to buy. Realizing they were bad, and not buying them. Something about examining basic product quality or certifications before purchasing.  In this case, this programmer(?) Says that the software they were using isn't certified for what they were doing.

So what was he doing buying something that isn't meant for the job he was doing? Could it be he's jury rigging it for some sort of illegal super energy conversion beam?

Hm, we would have normally done the above, but the time machine was broken, so we decided to have the parts cut out without seeing the result first.

Quote from: VAE on November 30, 2010, 08:23:02 PM
Teaches those folks some manners.

You're right, everyone should be able to go to people's place of work, and be a total thug.

You're at home after designing a blueprint for a new industrial furnace, and decided to attach it to the roof of their car...And it set their car on fire! Totally your fault :o
Or you made software to apply photoshop filters to something, and they didn't like the color options. BAM! Your door is kicked down and there's random thugs in your house!

Or you made a bad cream cheese bagel while you were at work! They were so offended they drug you out back and broke your legs. That will teach you!

Oh, but i see something else.. (asides from the fact that if *I* attached industrial furnace to someone's car it would be my fault... ignoring the whole HTF issue)  the software was applied as intended, it was just the company trying to cover their ass by pointing out stuff about some "mission-critical application" bullshit.. One of people i know had a similar problem with an carbon cutter which failed during proper use....  in the end he argued out a refund but it took tons of trouble.
Once again, Jakob has done what many folks including myself can only wish to, to some of the more annoying companies.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on November 30, 2010, 08:09:56 PM
read the comic again with this playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvKXt3Surlk

Annoyingly, I had a chance to pick up the box set of godfather 1, 2, and 3 on the weekend in DVD, and it slipped through my hands. :-/

Oh, well.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Drathorin on November 30, 2010, 02:29:51 PM
But he's still a villain.

I'd say Jakob is more of an anti-hero.  Ultimately, he's trying to do the right thing, but he's not afraid and even willing to hurt people to accomplish these goals for the greater good.

But more on topic, I agree that Jakob is simply doing what many of us wish we could do with these annoying software companies that lead us around at the end of stick to try to cover their own butts.

Also, Dorcan is totally give me that ruthless bodyguard vibe again.  I wonder if it's because he's a Doberman, or because he reminds me of The Terminator with his shades and android body.

However, the Russian mafia did not come to mind when I saw him.  Do their thugs have a tendency to wear turtleneck sweaters under their jackets?  To me that seems to detract a little from the intimidation factor.  Now a high collar vest, on the other hand, would be intimidating, but I guess that's just my own weird opinion.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

I have all the panels now.  I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to finish this tonight, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Okay folks, it's up.  Ren hasn't seen it yet so there might be a few minor changes and stuff yet to come.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E