11/01/10 [9-20] Shadows aren't always necessarily evil.

Started by joshofspam, November 01, 2010, 01:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Having five shadows following four people is kind of disturbing.

But at the same time if they were being followed by a threat shouldn't they have people on their tails a long time ago.

It could be magic user with actual concerns with the group or maybe someone trying to escape the island by hiding with the escaped slaves. It does seem rather odd if the shadow was something to fear that nothing has happend yet. Then again, it isn't like they have The Keystone cops on speed dial here. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Inumo

I'm reminded of the Doctor Who episode in the library, with the shadows that ate people... But that's Doctor Who, not CN:H. I theorize that Joshua has some kind of invisibility spell that doesn't stop shadows from happening. Great for night-time getaways through the woods, but rather obvious from a distance when out in the sunlight.

Drayco84

*Puts $20 on Cedric or one of his underlings following via an invisibility spell.*

Talvin

Seen elsewhere on the Web:

Hmm, I wonder if the forum goers will be terribly disappointed next week when they find out that magic wasn't involved in Joshua's escape...

Three guesses who wrote that.
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

Talvin

Quote from: Drayco84 on November 02, 2010, 01:25:53 AM
*Puts $20 on Cedric or one of his underlings following via an invisibility spell.*

I'll hold you to that.
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

Gyr

Quote from: Talvin on November 02, 2010, 10:40:13 AM

I'll hold you to that.

Darn, I was gonna take that bet too...   >:3
Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.

Alondro

Quote from: Inumo on November 01, 2010, 11:56:26 PM
I'm reminded of the Doctor Who episode in the library, with the shadows that ate people... But that's Doctor Who, not CN:H. I theorize that Joshua has some kind of invisibility spell that doesn't stop shadows from happening. Great for night-time getaways through the woods, but rather obvious from a distance when out in the sunlight.

The Vashta Nerada... the Shadows That Melt the Flesh... the all-consuming dark devils... stripping their victims to the bone... The Trial Lawyers Association...  *ba-dum-dum!*   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Talvin

It's worth pointing out:  you can bet $20 on what happens next week, or pay $3 a month and find out RIGHT NOW in the Supporter's Area.   8)

HEX the Dark

Makes me wonder how observant people actually in real life are...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Talvin on November 02, 2010, 10:39:34 AM

Hmm, I wonder if the forum goers will be terribly disappointed next week when they find out that magic wasn't involved in Joshua's escape...

Well, it wasn't me. I'm not sure I have enough ideas to actually guess at all, really...

My money on the shadow is just that he happens to have caught up with them. Anyone else would have raised a hue and cry about it. And they're all tired enough that they didn't notice.

That and his getting away was accomplished by him being very sneaky.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2010, 03:52:37 PM
Quote from: Talvin on November 02, 2010, 10:39:34 AM

Well, it wasn't me. I'm not sure I have enough ideas to actually guess at all, really...

My money on the shadow is just that he happens to have caught up with them. Anyone else would have raised a hue and cry about it. And they're all tired enough that they didn't notice.

That and his getting away was accomplished by him being very sneaky.

That might be true.

From the looks of it the shadows are cast in front of them by the time she notices. Though one would have to wonder if their tempting fate by being so unobservant of their surroundings if that's the case?

Joshua might need to take charge and lead these people to town off the road. It wouldn't do if the guards started to travel down it.

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Drayco84

Quote from: Gyr on November 02, 2010, 11:10:13 AM
Quote from: Talvin on November 02, 2010, 10:40:13 AM
I'll hold you to that.
Darn, I was gonna take that bet too...   >:3
Sorry, I have strict policies on not letting anyone who's directly in charge of the outcome of a bet accept such a wager. (Or happens to be excellent friends with the creators, and thus privy to insider info.) And yeah, I know... If I was SMART, I would've put that in the first post to begin with. (But, it still would've left me wide open to any paying subscribers...)
The reason for such is obviously simple... You say that you WON'T change the comic due to ran desires/requests, but there's nothing protecting me from the sudden insertion of non-cannon filler or anything. And to use a certain webcomic as an example, if I dared a certain artist that a certain family would NOT have clothing optional family dinner, and wagered real money on it, she'd probably take me up on it.

Quote from: Talvin on November 02, 2010, 01:33:18 PM
It's worth pointing out:  you can bet $20 on what happens next week, or pay $3 a month and find out RIGHT NOW in the Supporter's Area.   8)
Tempting... AWFULLY tempting... Thankfully, you guys already gave it away, so it's not like it's a brutally agonizing cliffhanger or anything like that, which happens to be my biggest weakness...

HEX the Dark

Darc_Sowers

Quote from: Drayco84 on November 03, 2010, 02:06:13 AM
The reason for such is obviously simple... You say that you WON'T change the comic due to ran desires/requests, but there's nothing protecting me from the sudden insertion of non-cannon filler or anything. And to use a certain webcomic as an example, if I dared a certain artist that a certain family would NOT have clothing optional family dinner, and wagered real money on it, she'd probably take me up on it.

Are you seriously implying that I'd go back on my word?

This issue is already completely online on the Supporters side. Both sides use the same archiving system. In other words, I cannot go back and change the order on the Main side without screwing up the Supporters side. Nor will I.

Neither Matt, Talvin, or myself are interested in your $20. They were yanking your chain. They do that.

Drayco84

How do I always manage to keep hitting nerves here?! Seriously, I couldn't be going about that better if I was trying! (I normally suck at finding nerves. Heck, normally I don't even TRY.)

First off, NO, I'm not seriously implying that you'd go back on your word. I was trying to make a joke that you could, if you so desired, put out a joke strip about it. (Like a bonus comic or something like that.) Since the archiving system is what it is, that joke came out poorly.

I was trying to joke back with Talvin and Gyr, and obviously that has gone over poorly. (Rereading it, I really do sound like d-bag...) So, I'm sorry. I deeply, humbly, and honestly apologize. I never intended to offend and was only trying to joke around a bit as well.

Darc_Sowers

I apologize as well. I didn't meant to come across as snappy as I did. I was up until 2am finishing up a page, my wrist has been acting up, and instead of getting some sleep and writing in the morning, I let the pain take over. I'm very sorry about that.

As for nerves... there's a difference between doing this as a hobby and doing it as a business. I like to think that they're the same, but I've got to be honest, they're not. If I was doing this as a hobby, I'd have been asking for donations last year when Matt and I had the electrical fire in the house. Instead, I made it very clear I didn't want donations, just some understanding that things may be out of whack for a bit. Same with this year when the computer blew, taking the master copies of the Issue 9 pages with it. Since I take a hit when the business does... well, that's kind of why the nerve got hit so bad. Again, I appologize.

As for story submissions, I'm very much a "no, means no" kind of person. It goes back to dealing with a stalker ten years ago. You learn very quickly that no must always mean no.

Sorry about all this.

Turnsky

ew to the stalker.

and as for story submissions, i don't see why you would take them, i mean given how it's already scripted out, having a 'story submission' at any given point could/would have some rather ugly ramifications later on down the road for the other written out stuff.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Drayco84

Quote from: Turnsky on November 03, 2010, 07:17:43 PM
ew to the stalker.

and as for story submissions, i don't see why you would take them, i mean given how it's already scripted out, having a 'story submission' at any given point could/would have some rather ugly ramifications later on down the road for the other written out stuff.
Turnsky: Long story short, it's due to legal complications.
  As in, somebody sends in a story, it's becomes canon, and said submitter wants compensation. (Made worse that they previously submitted it for copyright.) Thus, Darc and Gyr could have a lengthy. costly legal battle AND the resulting headache from said battle. So that, I can fully understand and I'll respect their desires on it.

Talvin

Not only that, trying to shape somebody else's story is rude.  That's like telling a chef how to cook, or an artist how to paint.  Go cook or paint or write for yourself!

FanFiction, mind you, has its place...but not in this part of the forum, please!  Neither Matt nor Darcy can read any of your fanfiction--it exposes them to legal risk, as already discussed.  I believe the Clockwork Mansion has a place set aside for such.

And Darcy is right: I DO enjoy yanking your chains. 

Rattle.
Rattle.
Rattle!
:batman