10/24/2010 [DMFA #1159] - It's a"maze"ing!

Started by joshofspam, October 24, 2010, 03:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well either Abel could hope for the map or the compass.

But it could be a method to label someone as a thief or someone that wouldn't be much appreciated in his house. Though it might be funny for the sisters to sneak up behind Abel while trying to figure out the chest.

Could a kings Ransom of Rupee's be in Abel's future? >:3

Edit: Can this be placed in iceick post? Though I'm partial to both names, I think iceick deserves credit for how that one was named. So can you place this one their and delete my post?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

iceick

I can't believe I actually started a thread.

Anyway, I wonder if Loreda had as much trouble finding her way out of the house her first time. At this rate Abel will probably accedentally find the secret lab before he finds a way out.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on October 24, 2010, 03:00:36 AM
Edit: Can this be placed in iceick post? Though I'm partial to both names, I think iceick deserves credit for how that one was named. So can you place this one their and delete my post?

Actually, I chose iceick's title because it was closer to the standard that you're supposed to keep up with.

That and "a dungeon crawler life's for me" is not grammatically correct, nor even close to it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pretzel

Ironically enough, I'm watching a Let's Play of Zelda: Twilight Princess at the moment.

Congo Jack

Well either Abel could hope for the map or the compass.

Is probably in one of those chests. :mowsmile

Foxxy

You gotta wonder if theres a sword for abel in one of those chests :B
Since when AREN'T Penguins evil?

Jasonrevall

You can't deny it, I'd guess at least half of us would do something similar if we were as loaded as Jy-jy.  And its a good thing heroes get pocket dimensions for their items cause I don't see any place to store items on Abel.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Arcblade

Well, I'm personally hoping this ends with Abel leaving through the *front* door and ending up face-to-face with Devin. 

Do you think it was always this large and 'mazeriffic' or do you think Jyrras maybe upgraded it so sneaky reporters wouldn't find him?   :mowwink

Akisohida

Abel, use your pick locks skill to open the chest and take the Sword Of News Reporter Slaying +5!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Inumo

Da da da daaaaa! "Abel found that he's lost! This item is always in use until Abel finds a recognizable landmark, and may cause the confusion, rage, and hopeless side-effects."

:P Let the Scooby-Doo scene of doors opening and closing between Abel and Devin commence!

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 24, 2010, 05:03:31 AM

Actually, I chose iceick's title because it was closer to the standard that you're supposed to keep up with.

That and "a dungeon crawler life's for me" is not grammatically correct, nor even close to it...

Oh standards! My bitter enemy!

I'm in perfect agreement Learch. But how could I argue when a thread has such relevance possibly to plot and is so short and catchy?

Abel's lost in a maze of Jyras's mansion and we don't know even if the machine is actually working and Abel's running down a dream. I even find myself remembering Aerosmith's song video.

Though it might be either reality or virtual. I would at least expect an epic quest for keys and at least one boss battle. After all what good is a maze if you don't do a little back tracking? ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

tiggertoo

I really thought the text for this one was going to be "You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike...." -- I was actually surprised to find it wasn't when I scrolled down. Well at least it's well lit.

Congo Jack

Quote from: Akisohida on October 24, 2010, 10:43:21 AM
Abel, use your pick locks skill to open the chest and take the Sword Of News Reporter Slaying +5!
He would like to get an invisibility potion, at least.
:mowninja

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Inumo on October 24, 2010, 10:44:59 AM
Da da da daaaaa! "Abel found that he's lost! This item is always in use until Abel finds a recognizable landmark, and may cause the confusion, rage, and hopeless side-effects."

:P Let the Scooby-Doo scene of doors opening and closing between Abel and Devin commence!

Bwahahahahahaha!

SFX: *knockknockknock*
"Good evening. Give me your coat and hat."
"Here you go."
"Right, now get out!"
SFX: *SLAM*
"Ah, we've been expecting you. You left your coat and hat."
"Thankyou."
"Right, now get out!"

Madmann135

Of all the cast I would have expected Dan to be the one to live more video game-ish.  Jyrras is more level headed but the chest at the end of the halls does tell more on how his mind works.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Brunhidden

watch out for obligatory random encounters

okay, not that random?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Naldru

Of course, there is the other game (which has been mentioned in a prior strip), where some of the chests start ticking when you open them.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Caswin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 24, 2010, 02:27:01 PM
Bwahahahahahaha!

"Good evening. Give me your coat and hat."
"Here you go."
"Right, now get out!"
"Ah, we've been expecting you. You left your coat and hat."
"Thankyou."
"Right, now get out!"
This sounds like a reference to some brilliant piece of work that I've never heard of.  Does it come from anywhere in particular?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

iceick

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 24, 2010, 02:55:26 PM
Of all the cast I would have expected Dan to be the one to live more video game-ish.  Jyrras is more level headed but the chest at the end of the halls does tell more on how his mind works.

I think Jy set that part of his house up for when Dan comes to visit, then of course it is typical for a rat to live in a maze like house even if he is a kangaroo rat.

MT Hazard

Interesting, as Dan is getting more muscled Abel is getting thinner. Wonder if there's any connection there...

Also, I would definitely have video game themed sections if I had a house that big, get past the platform level security and I'll set Pacman and the ghosts on you.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

iceick

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 24, 2010, 05:53:54 PM
Interesting, as Dan is getting more muscled Abel is getting thinner. Wonder if there's any connection there...
Probably something related to earzilla/shrinking horn.

Unsilenced

Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon, curious ebil kitty that she is, opens one of the chests and finds... a quarter!*  Yay!  I can has money!  I'm financially secure!   :3

*Charles walks in with a large Slurpee*  Mmmmm... cherry...

*Charline  >:[  *  How much did that cost?

*Charles hmms*  About $1.99.

*Charline RAGES!!*  YOU'VE RUINED MY PROFIT MARGIN!!  I KEEL U!!!   >:O   :gun1

*Charles is once more brutally murdered*   :grave
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Video game lifestyle, huh. Wonder if anyone gets a title for cracking open all his booty.

Arroyo Milori

Well at least Abel isn't breaking expensive pots. D:

I dunno I always though Jy was the kind of guy to use portal references. Some people like it old school I guess :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Caswin on October 24, 2010, 04:09:21 PM
This sounds like a reference to some brilliant piece of work that I've never heard of.  Does it come from anywhere in particular?

Tis a quote from The Highly Esteemed GOON Show, starring Peter Sellers, Harry Secombe, and Spike Milligan.

If you're really nice to me, I may even locate which one, and let you know...

I wonder how the boss at the end will look like, though.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on October 25, 2010, 02:00:59 PM
I wonder how the boss at the end will look like, though.

Knowing Jy and his mechs, I'd imagine something akin to Metal Gear. :B

Otherwise, this does make me wonder if anyone actually uses chests to store things anymore. x3  At least treasure-chest-looking things.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

iceick

I'm guessing Deebs or her sister or both.
*Abel opens a door and sees the front room. He enters quickly to try and get out fast, but not fast enough.*
*Deebs blocks his path and stares at him with those huge eyes.* Don't you want to stay and play with us?
*Abel stops quickly trying his best not to throw up from overcuteness.* Who are you and what do you mean us?
*Deebs gets an evil look on her face.* DEATH-BRINGER! And this is my sister [insert name].
*[inset name] swings her photon blade.*
*Abel turns around to see he is about to be sliced in half.* BAM, CRASH
*Abel manages to get his wing armour on in time and flies though the wall from the power of the attack.*
to be continued...

Quote from: iceick on October 25, 2010, 02:56:51 PM
I'm guessing Deebs or her sister or both.
*Abel opens a door and sees the front room. He enters quickly to try and get out fast, but not fast enough.*
*Deebs blocks his path and stares at him with those huge eyes.* Don't you want to stay and play with us?
*Abel stops quickly trying his best not to throw up from overcuteness.* Who are you and what do you mean us?
*Deebs gets an evil look on her face.* DEATH-BRINGER! And this is my sister [insert name].
*[inset name] swings her photon blade.*
*Abel turns around to see he is about to be sliced in half.* BAM, CRASH
*Abel manages to get his wing armour on in time and flies though the wall from the power of the attack.*
to be continued...

Hmmm... with Deebs involved, I could imagine the alternative version, too:
* Abel opens a door and finds himself inside a pitch black room. Before he can turn around, the door behind him falls shut and leaves him in utter darkness.
* Abel becomes aware of a pair of glowing eyes in front of him, staring at him from the darkness when he hears a voice.
* "Who are you?", the voice asks, "don't you want to stay and play with us?"
* Scared Abel backs off, struggling to find the door again. "Er... yeah... I ... guess so..."
* Deebs jumps out of the darkness and pounces Abel "YAY A FRIEND! LET'S PLAY SOMETHING!"