10/22/2010 [DMFA #1158] - Awwww....

Started by Tapewolf, October 22, 2010, 04:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Kudos to Wildy, there.  The tracking device sounds like a good policy regardless of what they do with the data.

EDIT:
Also, happy anniversary to Amber and Mason.  And yes, rabbits love cables (my father started out as a TV engineer so I have heard lots of stories about that kind of thing).

EDIT EDIT:
That last link in the rant is going to interest quite a few people, I'd say.  Not sure whether it would be considered proper to mirror the link here or not, given Amber's policy on rants.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mwa

LionHeart

I think this might qualify as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.

Happy anniversary, Amber and Mason.

I also have a "cable-eating rabbit" story - a friend of mine called me up some years back: "Hey, can you record a couple of shows for me? My bunny got in behind my TV cabinet and ate the VCR cables."
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

MT Hazard

This a nice strip, friendship, character development, hugs and even some background info on the San family.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

tiggertoo

I think we can reasonably infer that Wildy's mom was one of those that Regina killed -- for Wildy and Biggs to agree and work together on something, it'd have to be some juicy vengeance (something neither of them wants to miss out on). Nice to see some of Dan and Wildy's actual friendship there.

Lucheek

I'm fairly certain rabbits do home out wires...especially those of old electronics that are hard to replace.

We let Pendergast out for 5 minutes.... and then had to replace every single wire of the SNES and N64.

joshofspam

Wow! That is one big notation mark in any record. Soulstealers have always seemed to have a restrained power behind them.

Then comes Regina. Obnoxious, bratty, whiny, serial killer. Maybe they aren't protecting her as much as their simply hiding an embarrassment to the family.

Though not to be able to save a family friend is probably would be a huge blow to an adventurer. This also might explain some of Wildy's mind games with Abel. She wasn't just fooling around with him. Wildy was assessing a potential threat.

Happy anniversary Amber hope you and your significant other enjoyed your week off.

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Caswin

...whoa.

(And a very happy anniversary to you.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Lego3400

Wow... Just wow... I was not expecting that last panel.

OminousShadow

This has to be the most heartwarming strip in the entire comic. I like it.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

AmigaDragon

Is this the first ever Wildy huggle in the strip? I don't remember any others.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 22, 2010, 12:04:13 PM
Is this the first ever Wildy huggle in the strip? I don't remember any others.

I'm pretty sure Wildy hugged Biggs before, I'd have to check and I'm on a slow link.  But he is family.

[ EDIT: Page 89 ]

...What I'm not sure I've ever seen before is Dan hugging someone.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jasonrevall

There's actually a secret society for small pets that has rules, and rule #1 is to destroy as many things as they can and get away with it. My cat loves to mess with papers, she's worse at killing homework than our dogs! Then our tiny dog eats all the pencils she can so I cant redo it!

In regards to the strip, its nice to see the other side of Wildy.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Madmann135

When an evil ferret says your one of the good ones then you know who a good guy is.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

AmigaDragon

Hey, you know what we need now? Someone walking in on this tender moment with a comment, initiating some ferret violence (or at least threats).

ooklah

Wildy does have a non-violent, manipulating side!
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Hazmat

I agree, it's nice to actually see Wildy not hurting things, entertaining as that is.

iceick

Wow, I didn't realize that Wildy cared about anyone to comfort them with a hug. :hug

lilpuppy23

Wildy looks kind of scary in the first panel... Ah well

Also, In regards to the link, Yay!

OminousShadow

Quote from: iceick on October 22, 2010, 03:53:52 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that Wildy cared about anyone to comfort them with a hug. :hug

It just goes to show that she does truly care for Dan as a friend. And whatever happened in the past with Regina, it probably messed with Dans mind royally for quite a while and it still haunts him to where he he thinks it was all his fault. Wildy is probably the best one to comfort him on this not only from the fact Regina almost killed her, but from the fact it seems something happened with her mom. If she is willing to be like this when Dan blames himself about it, that means that there should be no one existence that would blame him for it.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Naldru

Wildy hugged Biggs in this strip.  However, it was shortly followed by another kind of contact.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

RandomMetaphysics

This was an awesome strip. That's all I can say.

Also, happy anniversary Amber!

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Naldru on October 22, 2010, 06:21:39 PM
Wildy hugged Biggs in this strip.  However, it was shortly followed by another kind of contact.

A very somber moment for Wildy, considering all we've seen of her over the last few years..It would seem Dan and her are better friends than was ever let on in canon...Yay for lovey Wildy  :)

According to the way she references their father in that strip, she could be speaking of him in the past tense; i.e. he wasn't/ isn't around to witness his son's successes...perhaps he may have fallen victim to Regina as well?

Amber: Congratulations on four awesome years...Here's to many more!!!!!!!!!   :mowhappy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Attic Rat

Don't do it Wildy! You'll become three-dimensional!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

SilentSoror

Wildy is a sneaky coniving individual.  It's really fantastic to see a tender moment, wither its real or not is yet to be seen but he looks like he's really feeling it.  It would be funny if something off the wall happened but the individual moments like this one, are nice.

I'm glad for the sober moments, it's makes the comedy even funer.  Celebration Amber and Mason! Don't forget to treat yourselves to something tasty or something generally wonderful!

Starcat5

Quote from: Attic Rat on October 23, 2010, 02:29:45 AM
Don't do it Wildy! You'll become three-dimensional!

Four-dimensional, actually. You forgot to facter in "Time".  :3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Cvstos

Definitely a candidate for a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming for the strip.

As for a DS charging cable, I know Game Stop carries them for like $10 in the US, odds are there's one near Amber that has'em in stock.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

TheZombie

Very much indeed a "Crowning Moment of Heartwarming".  Only secondary in recent webcomic memory to what happened with a simpleton warrior and a snake girl over in the Goblins comic.

But am I really the only one who knew that Wildly was like this even despite the playful physical violence against her friends?  When Abel tried to remark on the value of her friendship that elicited an eye roll from me.  As she has more friends than he has probably ever had.  There is mink, but he likes EVERYONE.  He would probably have tea and scones with the people who killed his mum.

Drako

I agree, very nice and touching moment.  One of the few times Wildy shows she truly is a close friend of Dan's.