10/10/2010 [DMFA #1154] - Sup

Started by RandomMetaphysics, October 10, 2010, 03:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Annnnnnd once again, Wildy makes the scene.
As calm and cool as ever >:3

Shachza

She's always calm and cool because nobody targets her with wild and crazy schemes.  Though that's probably 'cause rather than reacting in amusing and befuddled ways, she's much more likely to just maul the prankster.
            <-- #1 that is!

Garsemor

*lurker shield off*
Did...Wildy just do something that might actually be good?
*lurker shield on*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on October 10, 2010, 05:48:10 AM
Did...Wildy just do something that might actually good?

Mab forced her into it, IIRC.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

And with today's update, Dan's face actually looks like him again. People were making all sorts of comments about his new, chisled jaw, but I think the problem was actually the cheeks. The boy just doesn't look right without his round cheeks. >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

nevwyn

Actually I'm just glad he's wearing pants, I was rather afraid that Abel had mauled his clothes so bad that Ambar was gonna have to do the Austin Powers bit.

Wanderer

Quote from: starcat5 on October 10, 2010, 09:21:28 AM
And with today's update, Dan's face actually looks like him again.
Yes.

QuotePeople were making all sorts of comments about his new, chisled jaw, but I think the problem was actually the cheeks. The boy just doesn't look right without his round cheeks. >:3
That is also a good possibility.

I'm glad to see Wildy already caught up with him and did the right thing.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2010, 06:09:47 AM

Well, Mab sorta forced Wildy into it ... except that Mab had no idea what was happening!

... or at least, that's what we are expected to think ! 

:U

Let the conspiracy theories roll !

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lego3400

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on October 10, 2010, 12:25:20 PM

Well, Mab sorta forced Wildy into it ... except that Mab had no idea what was happening!

Mab knows far more then she lets on and I'm pretty sure it's hinted she knows the future (probably because of the way Fae seem to exist outside a normal time line)

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 10, 2010, 12:47:58 PM

Mab knows far more then she lets on and I'm pretty sure it's hinted she knows the future (probably because of the way Fae seem to exist outside a normal time line)
If memory serves, they can exist in two places at once.

D'ymkarra

...More like a gentle nudge in the right direction. We're not sure what all Wildy told Dan, and I suspect she's still got a trick or two up her sleeve...She looks way too smug in the last panel.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

MT Hazard

At the end of the day Wildy is still Dan's friend, (given a rough definition of 'friend' ) and outside the behaviour we have seen in comic she could be a decent person.

Point of conversation: When Wildy gave Dan a brand (a possible permanent disfiguring mark) it was seen as funny, would it have been funny if Wildy was the one who ended up branded?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Starcat5

*Edit*

...over -100. I have actually managed to piss off over a hundred people.  :crying (I really am crying iRL, btw.)
Fine. I can take a hint. I'll stop posting for a while and reread the rules. I don't know what I did wrong, but I really am trying to be a nice guy here. I just... I mean... *Hits send before he breaks down completely*
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Grey Wolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 10, 2010, 07:00:51 PM
At the end of the day Wildy is still Dan's friend, (given a rough definition of 'friend' ) and outside the behaviour we have seen in comic she could be a decent person.

I think Wildy falls under the Trickster archetype. The trickster is wise and foolish, good and bad, duality. Think of Coyote, Anansi, Raven, Loki, Puck... They all fall under the same archetype. She's not a pure reflection, of course; I'm not sure you could have a functional character outside of folklore that was.
I don't think it's about her being a decent person or not, I think it's her underlying nature.
Or maybe it's a ferret thing.

Point of conversation: When Wildy gave Dan a brand (a possible permanent disfiguring mark) it was seen as funny, would it have been funny if Wildy was the one who ended up branded?

I'm not sure how canon that is, regardless, I actually didn't think it was funny :<
Might have something to do with an incident in my early childhood. My brother took a hair drier, snuck up behind me, and pushed it against my rear.
I had a grill mark for weeks.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Grey Wolf on October 10, 2010, 07:23:50 PM

I'm not sure how canon that is, regardless, I actually didn't think it was funny :<
Might have something to do with an incident in my early childhood. My brother took a hair drier, snuck up behind me, and pushed it against my rear.
I had a grill mark for weeks.

Defiantly cannon, see here
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jasonrevall

When I see this strip I can't stop thinking about that spider that webbed down infront of my face, I swear he just looked at me and said "Sup" and then left.

Anyway, maybe Lorenda can help Dan pick out some clothes thought of as polite and fashionable by the Soulstealer family now.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Attic Rat

I don't know, but if Dan shows up at the party shirtless, DP is going to have something to say.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Attic Rat on October 10, 2010, 11:12:01 PM
I don't know, but if Dan shows up at the party shirtless, DP is going to have something to say.

"You dare rip off my look! I'll gut you like a cornish game hen!" XD.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Madd the Sane

I have a feeling that Wildy came to get some pants for Dan while he was hiding in the dressing room since he lost his clothes to Fi.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Valynth

I wonder what Matilda thinks of all this....  That is if some one remembered to tell her...

Though she might already know...

or perhaps some one used some form of phonetic telegraph to keep her in the loop....

... then again it might be a bit late in delivery that way.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: starcat5 on October 10, 2010, 07:02:44 PM
Ok, so I can avoid this in the future, could one of the people who downrated me PM me and let me know WHY they downrated me? I am honestly interested in avoiding pissing anyone off here. :<

I downrated you, because the karma system is fundamentally flawed. Not least, the admins have the right to override it, and it has no real meaning anyway.

You're welcome.

Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 10, 2010, 11:34:34 PM
"You dare rip off my look! I'll gut you like a cornish game hen!" XD.

"When I'm done with you, you'll be a boneless filet!"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 11, 2010, 07:02:39 AM
Quote from: starcat5 on October 10, 2010, 07:02:44 PMOk, so I can avoid this in the future, could one of the people who downrated me PM me and let me know WHY they downrated me? I am honestly interested in avoiding pissing anyone off here. :<
I downrated you, because the karma system is fundamentally flawed. Not least, the admins have the right to override it, and it has no real meaning anyway.

Yes, well, you guys can also use it to mark people that have donw something silly, like .. say .. double posted once, out of sheer stupidity !

*looks at own Karma score*

Damnit !!

:B

Mao

Yeah, we could do that, but if people actually took it seriously it would be essentially opening you guys up to trolling.  It's a bunch of numbers on the screen that can be abused by anyone, the mods even more so.

Anker Steadfast

Ah good point.

*eyes Mao's Karma score*

Oooh ... the box got ya ?  :)

Shachza

Looking through this thread it looks like boxes really are the most dangerous threat to this forum's society.  Just like the news said they were(n't)!  Everyone's racking up the negative karma.   :B
            <-- #1 that is!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I beg to differ. I only tapped starcat5.

... Mao got done by Darkmoon, Damaris, and Amber, all at once. Gangbang, as it were...

Mao

*coughs* Ahem.  It was an interesting team attack by them.  I approved of their technique.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was disappointed in it, myself.

... mostly because I've been trying to catch up to Darkmoon, and then you wander in and get pushed up there like that. I was disgusted. ;-]

Rambon

Or did Mab and Pip continue their fight after Wildy booked it?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Shachza on October 11, 2010, 11:34:36 AM
Everyone's racking up the negative karma.   :B

Really? EVERYONE? I almost never look at that unless someone says something about it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen