09/28/2010 [DMFA #1152] - Non-believer

Started by Tapewolf, September 28, 2010, 03:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I guess if I broke up with someone totally famous people would think I was lying too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madd the Sane

I do like Lorenda's face on the last panel there. It just screams "impending train wreck, danger danger!"
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Now would be a perfect time for Lore to tell Dan about what's happening.. which means it won't happen and 'complications' will arise.

Edit: Has anyone wondered about the huge difference in the number of 'watchers' and 'contributors' on these forum threads ?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Bjalf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 28, 2010, 07:45:55 AM
Has anyone wondered about the huge difference in the number of 'watchers' and 'contributors' on these forum threads ?

They are watching us ...   :paranoid

I just have to comment before it gets fixed: It looks as if Bernadette "busted" her lacing ...  :giggle

Jasonrevall

Ah it seems it is about to begin. Soon all who survive shall have an interesting story to tell the youth of a coming age.

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 28, 2010, 07:45:55 AM
Has anyone wondered about the huge difference in the number of 'watchers' and 'contributors' on these forum threads ?

To that there is really no good answer, so I'll leave you with this: Activate the Quasars!
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

MT Hazard

Interesting, the strip caption (for 1152) on the main page is the one from the previous strip but different in the archives.

Edit:... aaand both things fixed.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

That would be Amber forgetting to update it, and you forgetting that objections of that sort should be emailed to her.

Same goes for Bjalf.

Shall I be less subtle? I hope not...

techmaster-glitch

It's no secret or surprise that Amber is good at facial expressions.

But it must be said that Lorenda's second-panel face is yet another masterpiece :D

Bjalf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 28, 2010, 10:14:23 AM
That would be Amber forgetting to update it, and you forgetting that objections of that sort should be emailed to her.

Same goes for Bjalf.

And lo and behold, I did email her. And indeed, it was not meant as any form of objection. And yea, the non-posting was carefully considered. And verily, the very mention of the goof was considered to be not embarrassing. And forsooth, the nature of the goof was humorous and deserved a mention of the jocular sort.

Thine disapproval respectfully but steadfastedly ignored.

Dude, she's got Boobs of Mass Displacement, a possible containment failure could be fatal! (link NSFW)

Drayco84

Quote from: Madd the Sane on September 28, 2010, 03:14:43 AM
I do like Lorenda's face on the last panel there. It just screams "impending train wreck, danger danger!"

I disagree, I say Lorenda's face says: "OH [CENSORED][CENSORED]!"

Is it just me, or is Amber SERIOUSLY TRYING to setup the MOST socially awkward situation EVER in a webcomic?

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Drayco84 on September 28, 2010, 12:43:41 PM
Is it just me, or is Amber SERIOUSLY TRYING to setup the MOST socially awkward situation EVER in a webcomic?
Only one? It looks like multiple awkward moments are about to happen.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Naldru

If Destania attends, it should get really interesting.

And if somebody says "Could it get any more awkward", it could be a precursor to total chaos.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Mao

Quote from: Bjalf on September 28, 2010, 12:21:36 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 28, 2010, 10:14:23 AM

Same goes for Bjalf.

And lo and behold, I did email her. And indeed, it was not meant as any form of objection. And yea, the non-posting was carefully considered. And verily, the very mention of the goof was considered to be not embarrassing. And forsooth, the nature of the goof was humorous and deserved a mention of the jocular sort.

Thine disapproval respectfully but steadfastedly ignored.

Dude, she's got Boobs of Mass Displacement, a possible containment failure could be fatal! (link NSFW)

1) Can the roleplaying.
2) You were told not to do something by a mod, and then essentially told him he was wrong:  bad idea.  He said don't do it.  He meant don't do it.  Do I need to go into further detail?

Anker Steadfast

Oh man - I wish I could just point at someone and declare her my girlfriend.
I'd have a harem of supermodels by now.

:D

.. and perhaps a few lawyers and investors too, to increase the revenue from said supermodels.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Madd the Sane on September 28, 2010, 03:14:43 AM

Insert record screech *here*  :giggle
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

lilpuppy23

But If Bernadette takes Dan, then what about that Mouse girl at the desk?  :3

What will happen then?  :<

Attic Rat

Wildy, Lorenda, Bernadette, anony-mouse girl... And only one Dan.

I guess they'll all have to share..?

If someone knew nothing about Dan but that he is a Cubi, they'd probably expect it.
But that might result in wacky hijinks. Nobody likes wacky hijinks!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Prof B Hunnydew

Wildy, Jyrras, Lorenda, Kria, and Bernardette,  That Mousegirl and ....mmmm
  This is working up to a funny Manga...

But What about Matilda? The real girlfriend.  

PBH

That_wolf

"Shirtless cat guy" Wait, when did Dan get pants? I thought Fi ate everything. Realy seemed like it, what with his reaction.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1126.php

That also would have caused WAY more awkward hilarity. And fanfiction.
Abel needs a hug...

joshofspam

This seems like the game of Slug bug to me.

Only instead of saying slug bug, I keep thinking "Slug Date Dan".

If dating keeps getting this awkward in the comic I might think Devon and Deeb's sister might start dating when they meet. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: joshofspam on September 28, 2010, 09:17:40 PM
If dating keeps getting this awkward in the comic I might think Devon and Deeb's sister might start dating when they meet. :P

But aaaawwwwww They will make a cute Couple, and Devon may even smile.... 

PBH

Drayco84

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on September 28, 2010, 09:58:05 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on September 28, 2010, 09:17:40 PM
But aaaawwwwww They will make a cute Couple, and Devon may even smile.... 
Urge to write fanfic... RISING!

Inumo

Quote from: That_wolf on September 28, 2010, 09:11:22 PM
"Shirtless cat guy" Wait, when did Dan get pants? I thought Fi ate everything. Realy seemed like it, what with his reaction.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1126.php

That also would have caused WAY more awkward hilarity. And fanfiction.

Maybe he bought a pair before leaving?

AmigaDragon

it'd be interesting if Lorenda got jealously possessive over Dan because of a declared (if frivolously fake) interest in him.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

OminousShadow

Quote from: Madd the Sane on September 28, 2010, 01:11:31 PM
Quote from: Drayco84 on September 28, 2010, 12:43:41 PM
Only one? It looks like multiple awkward moments are about to happen.

Until it gets more awkward than a swapped gender birthday party with the following: a guy that can turn into a girl, his girlfriend turned into a guy. his clone/sister, a closet lesbian turned into a guy, a gay dude turned into a girl, a rabid feminist turned into a guy, a Alien hybrid shape-shifter turned into a guy, and a androgynous teenage scientist with a gun to change genders turned into a girl, it will not be the most socially awkward moment in a webcomic.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Inumo

Quote from: OminousShadow on September 29, 2010, 07:45:11 AM
Until it gets more awkward than a swapped gender birthday party with the following: a guy that can turn into a girl, his girlfriend turned into a guy. his clone/sister, a closet lesbian turned into a guy, a gay dude turned into a girl, a rabid feminist turned into a guy, a Alien hybrid shape-shifter turned into a guy, and a androgynous teenage scientist with a gun to change genders turned into a girl, it will not be the most socially awkward moment in a webcomic.

... :erk Is this from something?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Inumo on September 29, 2010, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: OminousShadow on September 29, 2010, 07:45:11 AM

... :erk Is this from something?

Yah. One sec while I find the link... http://www.elgoonishshive.com/

No, I'm not going to trawl his archive to find the specific reference. It's in the last couple of years, though.

LionHeart

More specifically, it was for Grace's Birthday Party.

Everyone (except Ellen) swapped genders for the party.

Oh, and there was karaoke.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.