09/12/2010 [DMFA #1146] - What is it with Amber and Shirts?

Started by Rafe, September 12, 2010, 12:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on September 15, 2010, 06:48:43 AM
R.I.P Shenanigans.

I used to have a pet rat too. Sweetest rat I ever knew. I was so sad when he died. I know your pain Amber. Take as much time as you need.

I can also empathize with Amber as well, since my family used to own over 30 guinea pigs, which are closely related to rats.  It was always sad when they died, especially since they were pretty texel guinea pigs with long, naturally curly hair.
It was particularly sad when our first guinea pig died at the tender age of 3.  Some of the others lived to be over 5 years old.

Icon by Sunblink

Stig Hemmer

Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Naldru

Regardless of whether he puts on a shirt, let us pray that the loin-cloth doesn't slip.

This thread has also reminded me of my first pet, a hamster.  I think that I was about ten years old when he died, and I remember feeling very sad.

QuoteHow many hamster pelts would it take to make a loincloth, anyway?

I think you'll find the answer by clicking her.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Attic Rat

Quote from: Naldru on September 16, 2010, 08:01:57 PM
Regardless of whether he puts on a shirt, let us pray that the loin-cloth doesn't slip.

This thread has also reminded me of my first pet, a hamster.  I think that I was about ten years old when he died, and I remember feeling very sad.

I try to laugh when tragic things come into my life, as a form of self-protection. In a previous job, I was given a "spare-time" task of ridding the company's back yard of ground squirrels / gophers / whatever, (kinda cute little guys) and was given only three old wood-and-wire snap-traps to do the job. One day the guys were setting up the barbecue for a company picnic, so I walked up with a largish and freshly-dead rodent, offering it as "meat". Squicked 'em out. They deserved it for making me do that...

Gallows humor helps get you through the rough spots in life.
So, how many hamster pelts would it take to make a loin-cloth, anyway?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Arcblade

Mmm, gopher. 

What?  It's edible! 

That aside, I really hope DP doesn't normally listen to Regina.  It would really reduce his awesomeness factor. 

Dinner on Thursday is going to be... uh... interesting.  Business may be business, but it's really odd to ask your worst enemy to pass the salt.  Politely, I mean. 

Bjalf

Quote from: Arcblade on September 18, 2010, 07:06:27 PM
Business may be business, but it's really odd to ask your worst enemy to pass the salt.  Politely, I mean. 

What, it's only weird if you do it politely?   :blink

Aaargh! Pass me the frickin' salt, you bugger, or I'll kill ... wait, I already did that, didn't I?
Here, choke on some potatoes, nyah nyah nyah.   :tongue

No, it's still weird.

Arcblade

Quote from: Bjalf on September 19, 2010, 03:59:03 AM
Quote from: Arcblade on September 18, 2010, 07:06:27 PM
Business may be business, but it's really odd to ask your worst enemy to pass the salt.  Politely, I mean. 

What, it's only weird if you do it politely?   :blink

Aaargh! Pass me the frickin' salt, you bugger, or I'll kill ... wait, I already did that, didn't I?
Here, choke on some potatoes, nyah nyah nyah.   :tongue

No, it's still weird.

I suppose, but it's a different kind of weird.  Politely would be awkward weird.  Your version?  Comical weird.  The latter is by far preferable in my opinion. 

entropicage

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on September 12, 2010, 11:55:38 AM
Am I the the only one who wants to see the Dark Peg in a white high class suit.

MAKE HIM A BOND VILLAIN DAMN IT!

You all know it makes sense.

Hmmm... Dark Pegasus in formalwear...

Yah, I need to see this now. :)