04/09/2010 [DMFA #1143] - Where's my tinfoil hat?

Started by Bjalf, September 04, 2010, 06:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjalf

Oh gods. The crazy, it spreads!

This will probably end up with the two of them swapping minds.

Tapewolf

I still think Abel should have used a stun spell.  It's for Jy's own good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on September 04, 2010, 06:14:53 AM

Oh yeah - I think you are right.
I wonder, what would Jyrras do in a body where he's suddenly tall and ... flexible ?

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 04, 2010, 06:35:48 AM
Brick inna sock.

I thought it was brick inna box ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 04, 2010, 06:40:14 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on September 04, 2010, 06:14:53 AM

Oh yeah - I think you are right.
I wonder, what would Jyrras do in a body where he's suddenly tall and ... flexible ?

Well according to Amber: "ANYTHING is possible...with IMAAAAAAGINATION.   :U
                                     And that's all I gotta say about that."

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2010, 06:24:08 AM
I still think Abel should have used a stun spell.  It's for Jy's own good.
Is it me, or is Abel becoming more amicable/agreeable? I'm sensing a subtle change here.
Abel seems to be more patient now than before.

Brownie

It'll be alright Abel. Maybe. Look on the bright side, it's FOR SCIENCE! And not the mad kind...Maybe...

Starcat5

This can only end one of two ways, and they are NOT mutually exclucive:
1) Shaired dreaming. Possabbly lucid in nature.
2) Given Jy-Jy's track record to date, I call "Spontanious asexual reproduction" Mk. III, becouse a little baby roorat with feathery bat wings is both cute AND creepy.

Besides, if he CAN do "Test tube babys",  then the Angel race as a whole would be tripping all over each other while trying to keep him safe. They ARE dying out, after all, so if he can prevent that, they aren't going to CARE if his first and second born aren't actually members of existing races. And of course, if it works for Cubi Clan Leaders, then a certan pink poodle, with teeth that would make a Great White swim away screeming, would ALSO be most interested in keeping Jy-Jy safe.

...err, what were we talking about? Oh, right. Friday's/Saturday's update. I can honestly say that I have no CLUE where this is going, nor do I have any idea what the heck I was talking about at the top of this post.  :mowdizzy

*Edit*
Quote from: Brownie on September 04, 2010, 07:23:53 AM
It'll be alright Abel. Maybe. Look on the bright side, it's FOR SCIENCE! And not the mad kind...Maybe...
Oh, it IS Mad Science alright, but at least it isn't evil. ...maybe... No more so than "Pink Heart Evil", anyway. ...I hope...
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bjalf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on September 04, 2010, 06:45:30 AM
Is it me, or is Abel becoming more amicable/agreeable? I'm sensing a subtle change here.
Abel seems to be more patient now than before.
Nah, he just haven't recovered from the previous shock yet, I'd say. Or rather, series of shocks.

Quote from: starcat5 on September 04, 2010, 07:47:22 AM
2) Given Jy-Jy's track record to date, I call "Spontanious asexual reproduction" Mk. III, becouse a little baby roorat with feathery bat wings is both cute AND creepy.
Ye gods, it's going to be the mows all over again! Except now they'll be spotted, sarcastic and much, much less huggly ...

RandomMetaphysics

I just realized something... in the first panel we see "fold crunch fold."
I thought Abel flung the knife into the wall... but he freaking bent the knife.
Dude :erk

MT Hazard

Either he has super strength or elite origami skills, possibly both.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jasonrevall

The hardness of the wings seems to be greater than whatever that knife was made out of. Interesting, I wonder if they call creatures, for a lack of a better word, "superhuman" by being standards.

I'm liking this arc a lot so far. So are Mab's brownies gonna be involved soon?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Draken

Quote from: Jasonrevall on September 04, 2010, 10:07:53 AM
I'm liking this arc a lot so far. So are Mab's brownies gonna be involved soon?

I am enjoying this arc as well, but the last thing they need is more interference by that Fay.  Brownies or no brownies >.>

I also put my hand up in favcor of the mind swap idea.   Except thye won't be switching with each other, oh no.  They are gonna switch with 2 other people entirely.

Like...say....
Jy     <-->  Lorenda
Abel <--> Mink
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 04, 2010, 07:56:37 AM
Brick inna sock.

Don't be silly. The box is not a swinger.

A box is a terrible thing to waste.

Though having Abel monitor your dreams with one of Jyras's new inventions shows that a box of brains would be a good thing to have on hand.

I remember my trips to have my mind scanned. Having your head either in a loud noisy machine while your head can't move or have your Head shaved and having a web cap cap with sensors glued to your head is a little uncomfortable. Though that web cap was a test that demanded that I sleep through it and go a whole day and night without sleep.

In short a scan of your head is supposed to be that ominous. Though its usually the scanned and not the techie that's scared. Though Abel is just part of the machine and Jyras the patient and techie. There's absolutely nothing that can go wrong and it isn't like Abel could do this with his own powers or anything
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Bjalf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on September 04, 2010, 09:54:29 AM
Bending a knife is not that difficult. The trick is to not cut off your fingers in the process ...

Quote from: Draken on September 04, 2010, 10:23:10 AM
I also put my hand up in favcor of the mind swap idea.   Except thye won't be switching with each other, oh no.  They are gonna switch with 2 other people entirely.
Did you see that episode of Futurama? Where first only 2, but in the end everybody swapped minds? There were some seriously weird make-out scenes.

Quote from: joshofspam on September 04, 2010, 10:36:13 AM
There's absolutely nothing that can go wrong ...
Which means that it will. Oooh, how it will go wrong.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 04, 2010, 07:56:37 AM
Brick inna sock.

Don't be silly. The box is not a swinger.

Brick on a Rope!

--------------------------------

Anyhow, I was not expecting Abel to be able to fold a knife into a little ball  :eek

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Bjalf on September 04, 2010, 10:56:34 AM

Bending a knife is not that difficult. The trick is to not cut off your fingers in the process ...

Abel now has his wings out, so I thought he'd formed them into hands (as we've seen Aary and Destania do) and used them to do the folding.

Got to love Abel's expression in the last panel. We don't know how much "modern" science he knows about, but he definitely doesn't seem keen on getting too close to SCIENCE!...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Drayco84

Okay, either Abel is a big idiot for still remaining in that spot, or Jy-Jy superglued his butt in place...
Hmmmmm... I think things like this are why Jy-Jy likes having Dan around...

Jy: "Okay, I wanna try out this machine that switches bodies."
Dan: "AWESOME!"

BetaToxin5

Lets recap shall we?

Abel has just folded and scrumpled up a knife before throwing it away and now a sleepless, somewhat insane Jyrass is about to perform some form of painful experiment on him.

Did I get that right?

Also, the thing on Abel's head look suspiciously like a pasta strainer....  :3

Bjalf

Quote from: BetaToxin5 on September 04, 2010, 03:01:37 PM
... and now a sleepless, somewhat insane Jyrass is about to perform some form of painful experiment on him.
It would only be painful for Dan, I suspect. Because that's funnier.

Also, the thing on Abel's head look suspiciously like a pasta strainer....  :3
Well, it's placed on his noodle ...

(ba-dum-pish!)

TheZombie

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on September 04, 2010, 09:54:29 AM

(Tristan from Yugioh Abridged Voice) "Sexual ambiguity gives me super strength!"

I'm stumped to how he did it though.  Unless somehow he managed to do it with his wings, as that is the toughest part of their bodies and all.

jeffh4

Quote from: starcat5 on September 04, 2010, 07:47:22 AM
...err, what were we talking about? Oh, right. Friday's/Saturday's update. I can honestly say that I have no CLUE where this is going, nor do I have any idea what the heck I was talking about at the top of this post.  :mowdizzy
Umm. Starcat? You're raving again.  Time for you to get some sleep!   :)

I love the return of the wonderful Sci-Fi plot device "Colander with knobs on it used to read minds."  Yay!

Draken

Quote from: Bjalf on September 04, 2010, 10:56:34 AM
[Did you see that episode of Futurama? Where first only 2, but in the end everybody swapped minds? There were some seriously weird make-out scenes.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of the PowerPuff Girls episode where the Prof switched everybody in Townsville, then the world, all over the place (mind-wise). 

Jy.  You're not thinking correctly.  Just seat yourself on that Cubi you like, give him the cute face if he gives you grief, and take a nice long siesta.  Isn't that better than working on his mind and potentially putting yourself in his shoes literally?
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Draken on September 04, 2010, 05:18:53 PM
Isn't that better than working on his mind and potentially putting yourself in his shoes literally?

I'm a little skeptical that Jyrras knows enough to be able to do any kind of soul transference.  I guess we'll see, though.
Even if he did, I'd suspect that Abel - who presumably knows some defences against soul-stealing etc - would be able to detect and prevent it before it got underway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Scow2

I think this is "merely" a Dream-recorder, not a mind-swapper. But, if that's a device that could read minds, couldn't he just attach it to himself? Maybe he's using Abel's remote mind-reading abilities to keep the discomfort of wearing a colander on his head from interfering with his dreams (It may be he didn't consider the presence of super-sexy Able as having an effect on it)

And yes, Abel used his previously-mentioned Epic Origami skills to fold the knife up. I'm shocked he didn't turn it into something pretty in the process.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: starcat5 on September 04, 2010, 07:47:22 AMBesides, if he CAN do "Test tube babys",  then the Angel race as a whole would be tripping all over each other while trying to keep him safe. They ARE dying out, after all, so if he can prevent that, they aren't going to CARE if his first and second born aren't actually members of existing races. And of course, if it works for Cubi Clan Leaders, then a certan pink poodle, with teeth that would make a Great White swim away screeming, would ALSO be most interested in keeping Jy-Jy safe.

While both the Angel and cubi race certainly could benefit from test-tube babies, I'm not sure if the story would benefit from it.
Y'know ... Pencil-Genetics and all that ?

It *is* an interesting thought though.
And I figure some fan story will use such a device to make Fa'Lina have a scary little rugrat.

... the terror, the terror ...

:eek

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Starcat5

Quote from: jeffh4 on September 04, 2010, 04:40:13 PM
Umm. Starcat? You're raving again.  Time for you to get some sleep!   :)
Considering that after that post I managed to put in 15 hours of deep, REM-less sleep, followed by some quasi-nightmareish dreams before waking up this evening, you may have a point.  ;)

@Anker Steadfast: Pencil-Genetics?
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

eonmoon

hmm, if a cubi like fa'lina could be cloned successfully and be a member of her clan, then jyrras would be heavily protected by her, since due to him others could be adopted into the clan fully to replenish numbers, also with races such as the angels i beleive it would be a great boon for them, since with his meddling the angel numbers could be strengthened ^^

Icalasari

When I saw that last panel, I had to make this:

Yes I know he is technically a rat but BLMEH!
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....