22/08/2010 [DMFA #1139] - Hey, is that...?

Started by Teroniss, August 22, 2010, 04:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

That's the robot thing from one of the earlier chapter's isn't it. The one Jyrras accidently created after being berated by Lorenda?

Maark30

Makes sense that that is Deebs Sister.  After all, she is a pink bunny thing like her.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Suwako

Surprise hugs. :3

So looks cool and pink, how is this possible?

Loki Impisi

...NOTHING ever stays burried in this comic. Thats one of the things I love about dmfa  :)

RandomMetaphysics

This is going to be both funny and horrible to watch at the same time >:3

Can we get a drumroll please?

Bjalf

Quote from: Maark30 on August 22, 2010, 04:47:39 AM
Makes sense that that is Deebs Sister.  After all, she is a pink bunny thing like her.

Yes, I can see the family resemblance. No, really!

Dang, Amber, you keep surprising us! A shame really, after all the work we do coming up with all sorts of likely and unlikely scenarios.

Lovely expression in the last panel. He's clearly wondering what to do next. Scream, Abel. You should scream. Scream like a little girl ...  :veryevil

MT Hazard

I'd imagine J didn't let her chose her own name, not after 'deathbringer'. I just hope she has a catchier name than 'second accident' or 'illegal lifeform beta'.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jasonrevall

That's not a bunny tail, but its forgivable if it shoots lasers.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Bjalf

Quote from: Jasonrevall on August 22, 2010, 06:19:06 AM
That's not a bunny tail, but its forgivable if it shoots lasers.

It doesn't look like a tail, at all ...  :erk

Run, Abel, run!

Madd the Sane

The M.A.C.E. Project is loose! Quick, get Jyrass! Oh wait.
...I think I remember hearing that term somewhere :/
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Alteisentier

I have no idea what is going on but the cute bug has been replaced by a cuter robot, so this can't be a bad thing.

I mean, look at that robot, that's some sexy curves right there!
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Arcblade

Awesome.  This can only get funnier from here.  Props to Amber for throwing us curveballs of win.   :)

SquirrelWizard

At first I thought Mecha Deebs.

But then I noticed the gem on the chest of the robot and figured out its not a mech, but a power suit.

The face plate opens up to reveal everybody's favorite bubblegum bunny at which she proclaims, "I AM DEATHBRINGER!"
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tapewolf

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on August 22, 2010, 09:05:57 AM
But then I noticed the gem on the chest of the robot and figured out its not a mech, but a power suit.
The face plate opens up to reveal everybody's favorite bubblegum bunny at which she proclaims, "I AM DEATHBRINGER!"

The rant is implying that it is the AI project, which is interesting.  I wonder what Lorenda made of that, after Jyrras (implicitly) promised not to create life again?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

I just love the fact it's a TOTAL play of when Cid/Aniz came home when May was still in psycho pissed mode after the incident at the school, down to the hand around the door and crazy/psychotic on that particular frame. Total win.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Bjalf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on August 22, 2010, 09:18:26 AM
I just love the fact it's a TOTAL play of when Cid/Aniz came home when May was still in psycho pissed mode after the incident at the school, down to the hand around the door and crazy/psychotic on that particular frame. Total win.

Oooh! Good catch!   :bun

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2010, 09:10:23 AM
The rant is implying that it is the AI project, which is interesting.  I wonder what Lorenda made of that, after Jyrras (implicitly) promised not to create life again?

A) My hypothesis was more of a gag hypothesis by drawing a connection between the robot and Ironman.

B) For all we know, it could be Deeb's sister, but knowing Deebs she could just be along for the ride. Bonding between sisters you know? Girl time, where they wander endless mazes of rooms and snatch unsuspecting cubi for their wicked feminine wiles in some dark secluded chamber....

C) Jyrras has probably done what every other man in fiction has done before him. Procrastinated and is waiting till the last possible minute to tell her.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Madmann135

I could be my love for Sci-Fi but I think she is cute.
Jyrras is one guy but he has already 'reproduced' twice... by accident.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on August 22, 2010, 09:25:59 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on August 22, 2010, 09:18:26 AM
I just love the fact it's a TOTAL play of when Cid/Aniz came home when May was still in psycho pissed mode ...

Oooh! Good catch!   :bun

Agreed.  I hadn't noticed that.

Looking at this strip again, the phrase that comes to mind is "Take me to your Jyrras!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Well Abel might still be safe if this is Deeb's sister.

After all if she's anything personality wise like Deeb than maybe all that would happen is Abel getting hug/dragged that would crush a mactruck to where Jyras is.

It is after all just over Abel's height. All other points to tell of its intentions are mixed with both ill and possibly playful antics that this being is taking.

Being another form of life possibly means she would be intersted in new people like Deeb is. That is of course if this isn't Deebs in a power suit.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

Actually, what I wondered is whether the phrase "Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto" was covered at SAIA.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lego3400

Robots techinally aren't alive so he didn't break his promise. Sorta.

Urgh and now we'll get a discussion on a whole "What measure is a non-human" Can we skip it? It's likely to end up being boring and long winded and none of us brought puppets.

Grey Wolf

Whoa, Feather Dancer! A hundred internets for you!

I wonder if this means AI are incapable of emotions, or if cubi simply are unable to read the emotions of an non-biological source. Or living. Can cubi read the emotions of the undead?

Also, I'm assuming "Ch ch ch ch ka ka ka ka ah ah ah...." is from a song. Anyone know which?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Bjalf

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 22, 2010, 11:40:12 AM
He didn't create life, he just created an artificial intelligence. Judging from politics, life without intelligence is possible, so why not intelligence without life?

... none of us brought puppets.
What? I brought puppets.

Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 22, 2010, 11:59:29 AM
Also, I'm assuming "Ch ch ch ch ka ka ka ka ah ah ah...." is from a song. Anyone know which?
Google sent me to Uncyclopedia. Apparently, it is Detroit Techno.

VAE

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 22, 2010, 11:40:12 AM

Urgh and now we'll get a discussion on a whole "What measure is a non-human" Can we skip it? It's likely to end up being boring and long winded and none of us brought puppets.

Unless she can reproduce , Deebs is not "life" either, by the scientific definition
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

terrycloth

I think ch ch ch ch ka ka ka ka ah ah ah was from a Kate Bush song? I don't remember which one though.

Anker Steadfast

Wonderful ... I have been eondering from time to time, what happened to that robot.
It'll be nice to see what kinda "person" it is.

Maybe Jyrras has it working as a security robot as well ?

Robot : "What should I do if I see a thief?"
Jyrras : "Hug it ! Hug it like it has never ben hugged before."
Robot : "Hug it? Are you sure that works?"
Jyrras : "Yes - My sisters did it on me all the time!
Robot : "And it worked ?"
Jyrras : "Oh yes, I still have nightmares from it."

Ok, so maybe Jyrras is not the expert on the "what is frightening" category, but it would be funny. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lucheek

I was thinking the title reffered to the Friday the 13th theme song. Would kind of go with the comic-- big beastie sneaking up on Abel.

If it does end up to be Deeb's sister, I'd be surprised. I thought that was just a thowaway gag! I should've known better. Nothing dies in DMFA.

(And besides that gives me hope that Dan's Fiancee shows up again. Meeheehehee...)

Caswin

YEE!

Regarding the text beneath the comic, my first instinct was Jason Voorhees' theme from Friday the 13th.  Not that I recommend these movies as much of anything but MST3k fodder, but it's a memorable sound effect -- sort of an ethereal ch ch ch ch... ha ha ha ha... when Jason is on the hunt. (It's surprisingly hard to find online -- all I can find on Youtube is shrieking violins.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Lucheek on August 22, 2010, 12:45:52 PM
If it does end up to be Deeb's sister, I'd be surprised. I thought that was just a thowaway gag! I should've known better. Nothing dies in DMFA.

Well, there was that undead amazon  .. she died hasn't come back yet.

Quote from: Lucheek on August 22, 2010, 12:45:52 PM
(And besides that gives me hope that Dan's Fiancee shows up again. Meeheehehee...)

Well, they never exchanged rings, nor did they get married, so I guess there isn't officially anything between them.

... and now I can't help but think of the psycho woman from the Blues Brothers movie that was stalking Jack.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.