06/08/2010 [DMFA #1134] - Good Luck Indeed

Started by RandomMetaphysics, August 06, 2010, 05:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

I think that Chicki was probably already there (or at least close to the building) when Abel landed, and thus saw him shifting (or at least shifting his clothes).  That, plus the clan marking, is probably enough to come to the conclusion that 'he's a Cubi.'

Personably, I'm reasonably sure that Chicki is female, not so much from the name as from the way she looks, talks, and moves.  Those all just strike me as feminine.

Also, THAT'S a new Cubi-related rumor on me.  It's understandable, though. *gestures to what Tapewolf said about Nact'Larn*  I find it funny to see how their rumors have some vague semblance to the facts, but are obviously twisted, probably by the same effect as in the 'telephone' game.

I also just realized that the Insectis gave us her name.  And we all know what that means, right?

The radio project thing... Well, I haven't decided if I want to try for miss Insectis.  But assuming I do, I think I'll finish the other lines that I still need to do, first. ^_^;
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 06, 2010, 02:49:57 PM
Tell me which strips you want and I'll see what I can do. It probably wouldn't be for a week, though, I've got something coming up next week that'll leave me a little out of action.

I'd say 1130 onwards for this.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

jo-shadow

Yayay, finally an Insectis character in the comic cannon =D

Maark30

Now all we need are Griffin A and Mer and we are set on races in the comic.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Tapewolf

Quote from: Maark30 on August 06, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

Have we had many Angels?

PantheraLeo

Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Captain

Quote from: insidexml on August 06, 2010, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 06, 2010, 06:28:22 AM
Here I was wondering why all the list clan leaders were female or why Able liked skirts ...

I thought Quoar was male? :U

He is, but that's still only one and he's secretive even to the other cubi. They know he exists only because of an occasional envoy and nobody knows how many clan members he has.

Also, I am very glad this insectis is now part of the cast.  :kirby :eager
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Draken

Well!  I was close.  I predicted a newpaper would be involved, and possible Abel fame.  Mwahahahaha!

Anyways, I too love the "what" prank, and I hope we see more of this insectoid.  He/She is very funny.  By the way, I say we nickname the insectoid "Quina" due to the whole s/he thing we have going on.   :mowwink
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 06, 2010, 05:43:36 PM
Quote from: Maark30 on August 06, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

Have we had many Angels?

Hmm... have we seen any Angels in DMFA proper yet?

I found a Gryphon A candidate in Biggs' employ back in the Twink arc.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

PantheraLeo

Unless I'm 0 for 3, Akaen (see 'Notable Figure') should be on the "creature council". We've seen them in silhouette ... for all that's worth.
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Tezkat

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 06, 2010, 06:49:20 PM
Unless I'm 0 for 3, Akaen (see 'Notable Figure') should be on the "creature council". We've seen them in silhouette ... for all that's worth.

Heh. Wrong council (Creature-Being Council != Creature Council). We aren't sure yet who the Angel rep for the Creature Council is, and I'm pretty sure we didn't see him/her during that sequence anyway.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Fragmaster01

Quote from: Jairus on August 06, 2010, 11:46:42 AM
I'd actually dig my microphone out of hiding from wherever it is to match this challenge.
Likewise, the thought of such bizarre voices demands recordings. Hopefully I can make the neighbors quiver with utter terror at the strange noises coming through their wall.

EDIT: *evil laughter!* Sadly, no one knocked to wonder what I was doing. I thought about making lots of odd mouth noises and syncing them to the recording, but that takes time and I am a lazy thingamabob.
Also, much thanks to Amber, I had quite a bit of fun getting the voice for the reporter. Strange characters are like candy for voice actors, slowly fattening us up until we become strange nerds you see at cons.
Insectis Reporter, Abel - Page 1134: http://www.mediafire.com/?x7c0zxvcdgb7sb8

techmaster-glitch

Even though I've already said it, I also add my joy at finally seeing an insectis :D

Saist

why do I have this sneaking suspicion somebody's gonna dredge up video's of me from past AC's and suggest that I voice the bug...

Arcblade

All I can hear when I read the Insectis' lines is some crazy mix of Pokemon Red/Blue noises mixed in with the words. 

Inumo

I think of the whole phlegm-y sounds, for some reason. I suppose it wouldn't really sound like that, but rather like someone was talking with new retainers and numb lips.

PantheraLeo

The sound byte reminds me of 'Morocco Mole'. Then again, I wonder what a life sized insect would sound like? (Being insects and all, most noise they make are shrill or relatively high frequency noise because of their small size.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 06, 2010, 06:49:20 PM

That's where I was thinking we might have seen one, but looking back, we don't seem to have an Angel visible there.

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on August 06, 2010, 07:19:49 PM
EDIT: *evil laughter!* Sadly, no one knocked to wonder what I was doing. I thought about making lots of odd mouth noises and syncing them to the recording, but that takes time and I am a lazy thingamabob.
Also, much thanks to Amber, I had quite a bit of fun getting the voice for the reporter. Strange characters are like candy for voice actors, slowly fattening us up until we become strange nerds you see at cons.
Insectis Reporter, Abel - Page 1134: http://www.mediafire.com/?x7c0zxvcdgb7sb8

Cool.  Wuff also offered to voice the Insectis (we don't know which gender they are), we'll see what her take is like.  Still need the critical parts for my device, though I have managed to make some interesting noises to dub in for the ones (s)he can't say.

Bjalf

Quote from: Infranscia on August 06, 2010, 02:51:03 PM
I also just realized that the Insectis gave us her name.  And we all know what that means, right?

She (I vote for female) seems to throw Abel off-balance. She's a keeper.

Gullible

Clearly bugs should have Scottish accents... :P

Bjalf

Quote from: Gullible on August 07, 2010, 08:19:15 AM

Noooo! Now I hear the voice of Sean Connery when I look at the strip!   :erk

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Bjalf on August 07, 2010, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: Gullible on August 07, 2010, 08:19:15 AM

Noooo! Now I hear the voice of Sean Connery when I look at the strip!   :erk

Dere kin be only one t'ousand?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

That_wolf

...I got two questions. One, why does everyone think she's now a cast member(I don't have a problem with than minus how her words slow me down) and B) Voice for her? Is this now a TV show? I'm confused beyond confused.
Abel needs a hug...

Tapewolf

Quote from: That_wolf on August 07, 2010, 09:26:10 AM
B) Voice for her? Is this now a TV show? I'm confused beyond confused.

Sort of.  There is a voicing project, but it's gone a little quiet lately owing to the guy voicing Dan having RL issues.  In mid-arc, no less  :B

Generally when the storyline has been mixed down I assemble a slideshow against the soundtrack and post it on youtube, but I haven't done that yet, partly because production has stalled on that storyline and partly because I've been a bit too busy to remove all the speech bubbles from the comic.

I think this is clip is still one of my favourites:
http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/dmfarp/albanion_jyrras3a.wav.mp3

Keleth

Man, you guys do really campy and cheesey 1930's radio shows really well  :3
Help! I'm gay!

Alteisentier

Quote from: Drathorin on August 07, 2010, 10:25:57 AM
Man, you guys do really campy and cheesey 1930's radio shows really well  :3

War of the worlds all up in this comic.

Oh wait, that was good.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 07, 2010, 10:27:31 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on August 07, 2010, 10:25:57 AM
Man, you guys do really campy and cheesey 1930's radio shows really well  :3

War of the worlds all up in this comic.

Oh wait, that was good.

don't be a hater.. Effin' rainbows...

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!