8/11/06 Racism is bad mkay....

Started by Zedd, August 11, 2006, 03:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldoun

Degradation of the written medium is probably a more accurate term, but all languages evolve over time and believing that nothing in the way of slang would appear on the internet after its civilian release would have been foolhardy in the extreme. While I too appreciate effort made to use proper spelling and grammar I know that slang terms will be around and so will poor spelling/grammar, not all who use the net can be english teachers after all.

Zedd

OOoo mmyy brains are spilling out like Jousters again

Damaris

Well, now that the script has been tripped  :mwaha I am going to make the formal announcement that "hy-ooman" and it's spelling variations will be considered to be in violation of rule 1, and will result in warnings and bans like the other no-no words.

Pass it on to your friends, neighbors, and pets.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zedd

Wheres my romeo? I need him to help me

Alondro

I'm currently far more on the look-out for anything that seems anti-semitic, given the current situations in the Mid-east and the growing anti-Jewish sentiments around the world.  The rhetoric is too dangerously identical to 1938 Germany for my liking, and thusly, when a word I use to jokingly mock my human character-self is suddenly changed to 'jews', I couldn't help but find it very disturbing.  Had it happened a year ago, I would have been more likely to think it was a joke or a scripting trigger, which I haven't come across very much, since most of the forums I go to are professional and actually forbid such things.  In fact, in most of them that very thing would get someone banned!  So you can see I'm rather sensitive to it.

Sorry all, I'm simply on high alert status these days for anything suspicious.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netami

I can't take any of that stuff seriously.

Zedd

*garggles and simmers as his brain pudddle roasts*

Damien Holtz

Tiger_T

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 11, 2006, 10:56:11 AM
"I'm not racist, racism is a crime, and crime is for [ethnic group goes here]"

Gotta love Meta-humor. :mowsmile
*loves it*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Zedd

Yeah racisim is alittle funny but its still bad and you still step on my nerves goverments!

Nino

I am definitely a "racist" when it comes to cat furries. I think if over, say, 40% of your characters are cats (including your own fursonna) it's extremely blase and I think it shows unoriginality on your part. I mean seriously, there is a huge number of animal species out there, and yet every girl and her mom chooses feline furries to draw. And not even so much cool supspecies like lion, tiger, bobcat, panter (that would be cool), lepard, etc etc, but housecats.

I'll admit I have seen some very cool cat designs (Abel, for instance). But most of them look almost interchangable to me. I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my personal thing I guess. It may stem from my immense hatred of Inuyasha, I don't know.

I need to change my avatar lol.

Tiger_T

You surely know then, that Inu Yasha is supposed to be a DOG-demon? :P :mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Zedd

I know it well Tiger...Sides...A few people share this hatred for Inu too on this forum....But they have their tastes and we have ours... :rolleyes

Nino

Quote from: Tiger_T on August 13, 2006, 07:50:41 PM
You surely know then, that Inu Yasha is supposed to be a DOG-demon? :P :mowwink

But they so look like cat ears!!! And he's got those teeth and nails so I still say he looks waaay more catlike. But I suppose you might have a point... maybe =P But even so he'll always just be a generic bishonen to me.

And yeah, it's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people here dislike the shows I like, and I wouldn't mind if they said so at all. If someone gets to the point where they're offended over someone saying they hate their favorite show... well, that's a little obsessive. Now if I said everyone who watches Inuyasha is a retarded nerd who needs a life, then I'd totally see why you'd get mad at me... but I don't believe that at all. I just don't like the show truthfully and I think the character design is really generic (white haired bishies? Pfft).

And I don't mind cat furries THAT much, it just gets kind of old... it'd be nice seeing a little variety. Again, just my opinion though.

Aridas

People just like cats... You can't blame people for doing what they like best.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Kattuccino on August 13, 2006, 07:30:26 PM
I am definitely a "racist" when it comes to cat furries. I think if over, say, 40% of your characters are cats (including your own fursonna) it's extremely blase and I think it shows unoriginality on your part. I mean seriously, there is a huge number of animal species out there, and yet every girl and her mom chooses feline furries to draw. And not even so much cool supspecies like lion, tiger, bobcat, panter (that would be cool), lepard, etc etc, but housecats.

I'll admit I have seen some very cool cat designs (Abel, for instance). But most of them look almost interchangable to me. I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my personal thing I guess. It may stem from my immense hatred of Inuyasha, I don't know.

I need to change my avatar lol.

well, atleast some of us are not plain one-color cats wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans
*needs to find that BDK pic of the anemone taur*
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

xHaZxMaTx

Teehee, just felt I had to post this.  And just to let you know, none of us are racist. ;)

My dad, brother and I were extremely bored earlier today and were thinking of funny things that would fit on California liscense plates.  We discovered that IMANAZI fits perfectly. :lol

llearch n'n'daCorna

get IZANAMI instead. That way it'll fit past the censors. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Could be worse, you could have had this one issued to you....(Disclaimer: risque humour)

bill

Or get "NOPLATE" and get 5000 parking tickets a month.

Zithras

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 11, 2006, 10:56:11 AM
"I'm not racist, racism is a crime, and crime is for [ethnic group goes here]"

remember kids...It's not racist if you hate everyone equally   :poke :smack :knifed  :cuss :rant :banghead :argume :tantrum :compbash :starwars :cecil :sword :chainsaw

:funnay

Enjoy,
Zithras

on a side note...we need more violent smileys :P

bill

"Violence is always the answer. If it doesn't seem to work, you're not using enough."