A Brief History of Ariannia

Started by Turnsky, May 25, 2010, 01:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

I figured i'd just make this topic to singularly keep all such discussion in the one place, since it's gonna be thorough, and i get the feeling nitpickers may arise..

either way, i'll be separating all the history posts on the main page like thus: http://www.ariannia.com/tag/history/ so it's all in the one place should you wanna see~

i've a lot to cover, since i might be using terms and numeric sequences that do need to be covered anyways.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Chakat Blackspots

Biggest thing I'm curious about is that long is Ariannia in the shadow of Clayor and how does that factor in the weather and seasons?

If they orbit like Neptune, then there's probably no affect, though it all depends on how Ariannia rotates itself.

You should put up a sketch of how the Ariannia system is set up in regards to orbits and rotation.

Turnsky

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on May 25, 2010, 06:02:30 PM
Biggest thing I'm curious about is that long is Ariannia in the shadow of Clayor and how does that factor in the weather and seasons?

If they orbit like Neptune, then there's probably no affect, though it all depends on how Ariannia rotates itself.

You should put up a sketch of how the Ariannia system is set up in regards to orbits and rotation.

i will, once i figure out, suffice to say that Ariannia's orbit around Clayor means that Ariannia is never in Clayor's shadow.

also, i've found some orbital simulation stuff... not very good ones, mind.. as one doesn't work, and the other, while only sporting a 30 second simulation, also requires one to feature the relative mass of each body... I'm no astrophysicist.

I R DUMB ARTEESTE  :U

ShadesFox

Which programs are you using?

Edit to add:
Now that you have me thinking astronomy again, Uranus is tilted on its side.  The moons orbit are also tilted accordingly.  Now, this still has several problem, such as the moons also rotate in the tilted direction so that they spin, but still one side is facing the sun for a long long time.  Also, when aligned just right the moons still go behind Uranus.  You could fix the first problem be just "Comic Master" ruling that your moon planet is different.  The second one doesn't have to actually be fixed... it could be some sort of dark and ominous time  :3
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on May 25, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Which programs are you using?

Edit to add:
Now that you have me thinking astronomy again, Uranus is tilted on its side.  The moons orbit are also tilted accordingly.  Now, this still has several problem, such as the moons also rotate in the tilted direction so that they spin, but still one side is facing the sun for a long long time.  Also, when aligned just right the moons still go behind Uranus.  You could fix the first problem be just "Comic Master" ruling that your moon planet is different.  The second one doesn't have to actually be fixed... it could be some sort of dark and ominous time  :3

aye, i usually invoke narrative causality rules in this case, it was a stretch for me to even figure out the calendar on ariannia.  :U

ShadesFox

On a related note... I tried to resist posting this, I really did.  But...

Yo dawg, I heard you liked moons.  So we put a moon, around your moon.  That way you can look at the moon, while you look at the moon.
The All Purpose Fox

Mao

Yo Shades, I'm really happy for you dawg and I'mma let you finish but... This is why we can't have nice things at any time.  At ANY TIME!

ShadesFox

I thought we can't have nice things because I kept killing your pets.
The All Purpose Fox

Chakat Blackspots

I'd imagine that figuring out the entire system is obviously complicated.