05/09/2010 [DMFA#1116] - It makes family reunions a little trickier, certainly.

Started by Jairus, May 09, 2010, 02:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Huh. Interesting. So, sometime in the last four centuries, Abel basically "manned up" enough to kill Aniz (slight sarcasm there, but four hundred years is enough time to come to the idea of revenge). And apparently Aniz is now dead, or completely beyond Abel's reach... *turns back to that plot hook about Edward Ti'Fiona* The plot thickens!

Also, this is the first time any of the main cast has learned any of Abel's past. Let's see where it goes!

EDIT: 1K parties might involve your descendants who have disappointed you most and whiffle bats. Or muffins. Probably muffins.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Madmann135

If I was Abel I would have waited until my 375 birthday to actually kill him.  That would prevent him from starting again.
It is a bit creepy how Dan and Abel are so much alike yet quite the opposites. 

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Demont

I thought Abel's dad was dead long before he met Dan, but look he's going to kill him before he trieds to go after another lady.

Les

Speaking of that Edward Ti'fona plot-hook.  A possibility just occured to me.....

Aniz's entire clan was more or less wiped out by a single dragon, dragons generally have a genocidal mad-on for 'Cubi largely due to the macinations of one 'Cubi's quest for tri-wing ascension, Cyra.  In addition, Aniz personally blames Destania, one of Cyra's direct descendants, for forcing him to suffer the existence of a clanless cubi rather than meeting sweet merciful death by dragon's claws.  If Aniz isn't completely un-hinged, those hinges still do look rickety.   

Could Aniz have possibly joined the other team, and be involved in the abduction of Dan's Dad?
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Chairtastic

Quote from: Les on May 09, 2010, 02:54:34 AM
Could Aniz have possibly joined the other team, and be involved in the abduction of Dan's Dad?
So tempted to reference Eragon, more specifically Galbatorix; but the similarity is tangential at best.  Abel is being disturbingly forthcoming with this info, especially since Fi is in close proximity and might randomly spout out some 'need-to-know' info, resulting in comedic stabbity. 
Quote from: Jairus on May 09, 2010, 02:40:39 AM
EDIT: 1K parties might involve your descendants who have disappointed you most and whiffle bats. Or muffins. Probably muffins.
Muffins are Plan B; the tarts are first in line.  :U

Cogidubnus

Hm. Color me surprised. Can't say I necessarily agree with the whole 'Vengeance!' thing, but then, I suppose, I don't need to.

One's first hope is that the bastard is dead, but that's probably too much to hope for. His method of rendering himself beyond Abel's reach is probably something other than his death.

Besides! That's what resurrection magic is for! Killing your enemies over and over and over again, for unparalleled catharsis and relief. :>

jeffh4

Huh. Interesting. So, sometime in the last four centuries, Abel basically "manned up" enough to kill Aniz (slight sarcasm there, but four hundred years is enough time to come to the idea of revenge). And apparently Aniz is now dead, or completely beyond Abel's reach... *turns back to that plot hook about Edward Ti'Fiona* The plot thickens!

Not necessarily. Other possibilities are:
1) Abel can no longer start his "quest" on his 400th birthday as he planned because he is now roped into the responsibility of protecting/teaching Dan.  So a delay of game, not a rainout.
2) Abel changed his mind at some point. Possibly even after he got to Lost Lake.
3) The mysterious leverage that Fa'Lina used to get Abel to go to Lost Lake had the side effect of changing Abel's patricidal plans.

On an unrelated note, this whole conversation has been a case of neither of them understanding the thought processes of each other.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 09, 2010, 03:21:49 AM
Besides! That's what resurrection magic is for! Killing your enemies over and over and over again, for unparalleled catharsis and relief. :>
You mean like this?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: jeffh4 on May 09, 2010, 03:25:48 AM
Not necessarily. Other possibilities are:
1) Abel can no longer start his "quest" on his 400th birthday as he planned because he is now roped into the responsibility of protecting/teaching Dan.  So a delay of game, not a rainout.

I, for one, hadn't thought of that. That could very well be.

2) Abel changed his mind at some point. Possibly even after he got to Lost Lake.

I think that Abel saying that Aniz is 'out of reach', so to speak, implies that he would reach if he could - although it certainly could be possible.

ChaosMageX

3) The mysterious leverage that Fa'Lina used to get Abel to go to Lost Lake had the side effect of changing Abel's patricidal plans.

It's interesting that you should consider Fa'lina having something do with the situation, as I recall her mentioning something about two months in this page of the comic.

Now, about how much in-comic time has passed between that page and the present one?  Could whatever event Abel was about to mention before being interrupted by spiders coincide with his birthday?

Icon by Sunblink

Jasonrevall

That's an interesting goal. Although I'm not sure i would save it for a birthday. It would be more fun to do it on Father's day.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Kuari

I'm more willing to bet Edward killed Aniz, and it might be part of the reason Destania stopped trying to kill him long enough to take interest in him.

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 09, 2010, 03:57:21 AM

It's interesting that you should consider Fa'lina having something do with the situation, as I recall her mentioning something about two months in this page of the comic.

Now, about how much in-comic time has passed between that page and the present one?  Could whatever event Abel was about to mention before being interrupted by spiders coincide with his birthday?

That seemed to more refer to Fa'lina losing her ability to prodict what happens with Abel.

Anri

Quote from: Kuari on May 09, 2010, 04:00:24 AM
I'm more willing to bet Edward killed Aniz, and it might be part of the reason Destania stopped trying to kill him long enough to take interest in him.

Interesting and quite within the realm of possibility!

Suwako

Well, it seems Aniz is dead is the most logical conclusion. Though really, what he said was not completely defined as Aniz being dead, perhaps Amber is trying to fool us into thinking this. He had enough time to either come at terms with himself or something happening by which he lost interest y in killing his father completely or it somehow became impossible through other means than death. :U

Yep, Aniz is dead, long live Aniz.

Les

Oooh, here's a thought...

Dan's 'awakening' is suspiciously close to the time Aniz would've been allowed to deposit a new rugrat on Fa'lina's doorstep.  Aniz, chafing at the time restriction as much as he was, likely would've wanted to err more on the side of having a kid too early than too late and so starts his hunt for a proper couple to cuckoo several decades before the time limit is about to be up.  He finds Edward Ti'Fona, married adventurer and ideal candidate for him to pull the same trick he did with the Rewanz family, only Aniz underestimates Edward and suffers the consequences.  Fast-Forward, Edward's wife dies in childbirth and gives him a new perspective on life, a new perspective which (and possibly his exploits against Aniz) endears him to Destania.

We never heard why Destania was out and bout at this time, perhaps she was hunting Aniz and reasoned that the best time to do so would be during the prime time when he'd be trying to set 'phase 2' of his Brilliant Plan into motion and thus would have to be out and about in the world and not in some scry-free hidey hole somewhere.  She meets and marries Edward T'fona and later gives birth to Dan, right about the time Aniz would've been siring his next offspring if his plans had succeeded.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Turnsky

Quote from: Tytaj on May 09, 2010, 04:18:20 AM
Well, it seems Aniz is dead is the most logical conclusion. Though really, what he said was not completely defined as Aniz being dead, perhaps Amber is trying to fool us into thinking this. He had enough time to either come at terms with himself or something happening by which he lost interest y in killing his father completely or it somehow became impossible through other means than death. :U

Yep, Aniz is dead, long live Aniz.

Aniz is Elvis..

His Demise would still be up for debate among some.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

As ever, completely inconclusive  >:3

Assuming the simple case, that would probably mean that he's either already dead, or that Abel is no longer able to do it (e.g. bogged down with looking after Dan).

If Aniz is Edward (and I'm not going to go into it), then Dan and Destania would violently object to losing him, and besides he's currently being held prisoner by the Dragons.

Either way, he can't do it.  Still, I'm a little disappointed that he apparently still wants to do it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Congo Jack

Huh. Interesting. So, sometime in the last four centuries, Abel basically "manned up" enough to kill Aniz (slight sarcasm there, but four hundred years is enough time to come to the idea of revenge).
Not as much as revenge, IMHO, but nesessity. Remember, Aniz is (was?) de-facto the leader of his clan and have an absolute authority over his children. So he expect them to do his bidding once they grow up. Since his (retarded) plans require making more cubi, he would send his children to do exactly what he was doing. Beaten into submission or mindraped if necessary. Tyranny is nothing unusual for cubi clans, so a younger cuby have to either do what elder told or kill him and take his place. Also perfectly usual.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Turnsky on May 09, 2010, 04:50:33 AM
Quote from: Tytaj on May 09, 2010, 04:18:20 AMYep, Aniz is dead, long live Aniz.
Aniz is Elvis..

His Demise would still be up for debate among some.

Aniz was also Michael Jackson !!
Now we know how he managed to change shape and color so much over the years !

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Rambon

That also might explain why Ink said this.

Although on another hand... how old was Aniz? He could have quite easily died from old age if he was anywhere near the 3000 mark.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rambon on May 09, 2010, 06:07:59 AM
Although on another hand... how old was Aniz? He could have quite easily died from old age if he was anywhere near the 3000 mark.
He would be about 840 in the present day.  (see here )

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rambon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2010, 06:29:03 AM
Quote from: Rambon on May 09, 2010, 06:07:59 AM
He would be about 840 in the present day.  (see here )
Okay that kills that theory.

Bjalf

Hmmm, I first read it as Abel having planned to kill Aniz when he showed up at SAIA with the next kid. But Abel can't do that, since he's going to be baby-sitting Dan when that happens.

Or not. The evil Ambaaargh could well be planning an unexpected plot twist. Well, bring it on! Let's twist again! Mwa ha ha etc.

joshofspam

It's a conspiracy!

It's a conspiracy!

It's a conspiracy!

It's a conspiracy!

It's a conspiracy!

It's a conspiracy!

And doubts are made of suspicion!  :kirby

Just when you thought it was safe to inter the forum...DooooDoooo.....DoooDooo....DooDoo..DoDo DoDo DoDo DoDo It's the Aniz....... topic!

You do relise if Aniz is Dan's dad that either makes Alexis his adopted sister or Alexis mom had more power than Aniz Did Or does.... right?

That might mean that Alexis might be holding back in all that we've seen of her if she has that kind of power too. I wonder what horrors Abel seen when he tried to sneak back into his room while she was cleaning up?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

VAE

If Aniz is Dan's dad, it means him and Destania got together again.
Which in the form how it was presented in the (canon) comic is veeery unlikely to have happened.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sunblink

Okay, now I REALLY hope that Aniz is dead, because then people will finally stop talking about the Edward-Aniz theory. Ugh.

I get the feeling he is dead, though, because I don't understand why Abel would bring up the subject in the first place if he had simply moved on.

joshofspam

Quote from: danman on May 09, 2010, 10:05:54 AM
If Aniz is Dan's dad, it means him and Destania got together again.
Which in the form how it was presented in the (canon) comic is veeery unlikely to have happened.

I'm just amused that it always seems to come back to Aniz and Destania.

My point does give towards that way too.

After all how often do you find a being with more magical power than a creature?

Mind you, it could probably happen in Ambers world, but the odds would most likely be against something like that happening.

Edit: Sorry Keaton I know it's a topic just too often talked about for some peoples taste.

This will probably get another long stair down from the cast of the comic when Amber puts the final stake in this undead abomination.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Les on May 09, 2010, 04:40:49 AM

Oooh, here's a thought...

Dan's 'awakening' is suspiciously close to the time Aniz would've been allowed to deposit a new rugrat on Fa'lina's doorstep.  Aniz, chafing at the time restriction as much as he was, likely would've wanted to err more on the side of having a kid too early than too late and so starts his hunt for a proper couple to cuckoo several decades before the time limit is about to be up.  He finds Edward Ti'Fona, married adventurer and ideal candidate for him to pull the same trick he did with the Rewanz family, only Aniz underestimates Edward and suffers the consequences.  Fast-Forward, Edward's wife dies in childbirth and gives him a new perspective on life, a new perspective which (and possibly his exploits against Aniz) endears him to Destania.

We never heard why Destania was out and bout at this time, perhaps she was hunting Aniz and reasoned that the best time to do so would be during the prime time when he'd be trying to set 'phase 2' of his Brilliant Plan into motion and thus would have to be out and about in the world and not in some scry-free hidey hole somewhere.  She meets and marries Edward T'fona and later gives birth to Dan, right about the time Aniz would've been siring his next offspring if his plans had succeeded.

:rant Why is it that my posted theory got moved to the dungeon, yet other people can speculate all they want?
And this theory is kinda close to mine :B
Quote from: Madd the Sane on March 30, 2010, 05:07:08 AM
Yes, another Edward and Aniz speculation thread. What if Edward stopped Aniz from starting up another breeder program?

Here's my thought: Edward went to see an old adventurer buddy only to find him married to said man's worst enemy. Suspicous, he does a bunch of tests and his fellow adventurer fails a lot of them. When Edward beats him, he finds out that his friend was a 'cubi in disguise. That 'cubi was Aniz.

Just a thought :B
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Mao

Keleth

Madd, give it time, they could be sleeping in, as it's Sunday.

I do hope they notice, and who knows, they might even notice your complaints about them.
*Sits with popcorn*
Help! I'm gay!

Bjalf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 09, 2010, 10:15:38 AM
Okay, now I REALLY hope that Aniz is dead, because then people will finally stop talking about the Edward-Aniz theory. Ugh.
Are you sure? You know, there is still a tiny possibility ...

I get the feeling he is dead, though, because I don't understand why Abel would bring up the subject in the first place if he had simply moved on.
I (reluctantly) agree. On re-reading the strip for the umpteenth time, I feel there's a slight [SOLVED] vibe coming from Abel. But I'm not counting out Aniz without some kind of proof. And in this universe, I'm not sure a stone cold body is proof of death.