Happy Star Wars day!

Started by Mao, May 04, 2010, 08:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

May the 4th be with you!  :3

Alondro

*has a new T-shirt idea, using "Space Balls"*  I joined the Dark Side and all I got was this lousy Dark Helmet!   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jairus

Both of you are terrible. And what's worse is that I'm drawing a blank on puns right now. :< I mean, I guess I'd have to take a shot at it first, but I can't come up with anything halfway decent.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Ha!  You call me terrible like it would would phase me.  You should know by now that I take pride in that!

superluser

Quote from: Jairus on May 04, 2010, 11:06:28 AMI mean, I guess I'd have to take a shot at it first, but I can't come up with anything halfway decent.

Great pun, kid!  That was one in a million!

Actually, was that a pun?  Or am I confusing that with a palindrome, like "Bolton"?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Mao

Jairus

Quote from: superluser on May 04, 2010, 11:26:05 AM
Quote from: Jairus on May 04, 2010, 11:06:28 AMI mean, I guess I'd have to take a shot at it first, but I can't come up with anything halfway decent.

Great pun, kid!  That was one in a million!

Actually, was that a pun?  Or am I confusing that with a palindrome?
Well, a palindrome is where something is spelled the same backwards and forwards, like "race car" or "mom." So it's definitely not that...

Bu yes, I will admit, it's a terrible reference to the "Han shot first!" meme. I won't deflect any criticism here or force you to accept it, but we could all just saber this light verbal sparring. Just don't maul me for keeping them up, and I swear this isn't some insidious plot to invader your brain.

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on May 04, 2010, 12:04:06 PM
post full of groaners...

That post was either really good, or absolute pudu.  On this, the council is not yet decided.

Drayco84

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 04, 2010, 05:08:15 PM
Quote from: Jairus on May 04, 2010, 12:04:06 PM
post full of groaners...

That post was either really good, or absolute pudu.  On this, the council is not yet decided.
This council is... Those puns were terrible!

*Exits the topic driving a...*

Keleth

Only one man would DARE give me the Raspberry!
Help! I'm gay!

Mao

Lonestar!  Oh Spaceballs.  I love you so.

Drayco84

Yeah... I really wish they HAD made a "Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money"...

Unsilenced

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 05, 2010, 12:35:01 PM
Yeah... I really wish they HAD made a "Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money"...

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

And furthermore:

No.

Bad idea.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Sunblink

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 05, 2010, 01:57:02 PMAnd furthermore:

No.

Bad idea.

This. Mel Brooks is brilliant, but sequels in general make everything stale. Well, that's unfair - I mean most sequels. Besides, Spaceballs was good as a stand-alone movie, much like Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek (well, the first two Shrek movies) and every Disney movie ever.

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 05, 2010, 03:31:51 PMThis. Mel Brooks is brilliant, but sequels in general make everything stale. Well, that's unfair - I mean most sequels. Besides, Spaceballs was good as a stand-alone movie, much like Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek (well, the first two Shrek movies) and every Disney movie ever.

He could do one based on how the prequel trilogy was superfluous and crappy, which might be OK.  But I agree, more or less.

Jairus

Quote from: superluser on May 05, 2010, 06:12:12 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 05, 2010, 03:31:51 PMThis. Mel Brooks is brilliant, but sequels in general make everything stale. Well, that's unfair - I mean most sequels. Besides, Spaceballs was good as a stand-alone movie, much like Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek (well, the first two Shrek movies) and every Disney movie ever.

He could do one based on how the prequel trilogy was superfluous and crappy, which might be OK.  But I agree, more or less.
Like how Dark Helmet and Lone Starr totally know each other, but keep just missing bumping in to each other? Or how they all grew up in the same orphanage/preschool?

Unsilenced

Quote from: Jairus on May 05, 2010, 07:09:21 PM

Like how Dark Helmet and Lone Starr totally know each other, but keep just missing bumping in to each other? Or how they all grew up in the same orphanage/preschool?

Oh how Dark helmet is actually Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Post of the Dead:

Drayco84

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 05, 2010, 08:24:18 PM

He could do one based on how the prequel trilogy was superfluous and crappy, which might be OK.  But I agree, more or less.

Oh how Dark helmet is actually Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Or how about taking ever single sequel cliche in existence and just running with 'em? Seriously, it'd be "Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money" because the first one obviously didn't make enough. Besides, they have a new Star Trek movie to parody and Star Wars 1, 2, and 3 to openly mock. Heck, they could pull a Shrek and point out how hard it is for Miss Amazon Action Princess to find a suitable husband. (Her mother's choices were Lonestar or Sleeping Beauty, after all...)

Replacing John Candy would be hard, though...

EDIT: Heh... Heheheheheheh... Who says she needs a prince or even a husband for that matter? Eeeeeeehehehehehehehehe...

Unsilenced

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 05, 2010, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Unsilenced on May 05, 2010, 08:24:18 PM

He could do one based on how the prequel trilogy was superfluous and crappy, which might be OK.  But I agree, more or less.

Or how about taking ever single sequel cliche in existence and just running with 'em? Seriously, it'd be "Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money" because the first one obviously didn't make enough. Besides, they have a new Star Trek movie to parody and Star Wars 1, 2, and 3 to openly mock. Heck, they could pull a Shrek and point out how hard it is for Miss Amazon Action Princess to find a suitable husband. (Her mother's choices were Lonestar or Sleeping Beauty, after all...)

Replacing John Candy would be hard, though...

EDIT: Heh... Heheheheheheh... Who says she needs a prince or even a husband for that matter? Eeeeeeehehehehehehehehe...

Nonononononononononononononononononoononnoonnonononoonononnononononoononononononono.

Do I make myself clear?

Spaceballs was a noble movie that deserves to rest in peace, not be resurrected into a soulless and commercialized monstrosity.
Post of the Dead:

Drayco84

Then, you obviously didn't see this.

I have yet another reason for hating G4 now...

Unsilenced

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 06, 2010, 01:15:49 AM
Then, you obviously didn't see this.

I have yet another reason for hating G4 now...

Ow...

EDIT: brb, gotta an hero now.
Post of the Dead:

Alondro

Well, I'd say it's obviously time for a Spaceballs remake!

Hollywood MUST keep re-using stories!

They simply can't create anything original, lest it stimulate independent thought!  Thought that exists outside The Machine cannot be allowed...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Mao

Thank you for that relevant and topical post, Alondro!  Why, I wanted to know your feelings on Hollywood and feel that I am now a better person for having heard them again!  You're awesome. 8D

Kafzeil

Quote from: Alondro on May 06, 2010, 02:39:27 PM

They simply can't create anything original, lest it stimulate independent thought!  Thought that exists outside The Machine cannot be allowed...

I find your lack of faith in the industry disturbing.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Unsilenced

Quote from: Kafzeil on May 06, 2010, 08:01:43 PM
Quote from: Alondro on May 06, 2010, 02:39:27 PM

I find your lack of faith in the industry disturbing.

I find your continued faith amusingly naive. Especially since you're using a quote from a movie that came out in 1977. 
Post of the Dead:

Mao

I find this conversation *not* about Star Wars and Star Wars day annoying.

superluser

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 06, 2010, 09:08:59 PMI find your continued faith amusingly naive. Especially since you're using a quote from a movie that came out in 1977.

Is that Major Kong in your avatar?
(fun fact, they had to change the line in this clip from Dallas to Vegas because Kennedy got killed between when the scene was filmed and when the film was released)

Kafzeil

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 06, 2010, 09:08:59 PM

I find your continued faith amusingly naive. Especially since you're using a quote from a movie that came out in 1977. 

Star Wars Holiday Special.Seen it?
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Drayco84

Quote from: Kafzeil on May 07, 2010, 12:01:10 AM
Quote from: Unsilenced on May 06, 2010, 09:08:59 PM

Star Wars Holiday Special.Seen it?
No, but I've heard OF it.

If any mods in the area would be so kind as to smite anyone that brings up further details, it would be greatly appreciated.
After all, what has been seen CANNOT be unseen...