Re: 05/02/2010 [DMFA#1113] Abel's brain broke

Started by candide, May 02, 2010, 11:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

candide

Quote from: Shade on May 02, 2010, 05:03:21 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on May 02, 2010, 04:18:39 AMDan's kind of an idiot! The slightly homophobic dense/misinformed tough guy character always changes his point of views by the end though.

I wouldn't even say that it IS homophobic at all. 

Just because he hasn't got a clue what causes 'teh gay' in people, doesn't mean that he thinks it's BAD.  He.... just would rather continue fancying girls.
Hmmm.... Possibly, possibly...

OTOH, we know that Dan is a racist, by his own self-realization.  Maybe Amber's trying to show more of Dan's ugly/bigoted side...

Quote from: Arcblade on May 02, 2010, 07:30:46 AM
Ha, wow.  I guess if I grew up without knowing any gay folks, I might end up thinking the same things, but.... man, I hope not.
You're not going to like what I'm about to say.  And it's not a statement against your character, Arcblade, but a statement of fact, empirically supported by personal experience.

People who grow up without knowing any LGBT-folks dont' end up thinking the same things that Dan's spouting in the comic.  They end up thinking things that are much worse.

candide

Quote from: Shade on May 02, 2010, 05:03:21 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on May 02, 2010, 04:18:39 AMDan's kind of an idiot! The slightly homophobic dense/misinformed tough guy character always changes his point of views by the end though.

I wouldn't even say that it IS homophobic at all. 

Just because he hasn't got a clue what causes 'teh gay' in people, doesn't mean that he thinks it's BAD.  He.... just would rather continue fancying girls.
Hmmm.... Possibly, possibly...

OTOH, we know that Dan is a racist, by his own self-realization.  Maybe Amber's trying to show more of Dan's ugly/bigoted side...

Quote from: Arcblade on May 02, 2010, 07:30:46 AM
Ha, wow.  I guess if I grew up without knowing any gay folks, I might end up thinking the same things, but.... man, I hope not.
You're not going to like what I'm about to say.  And it's not a statement against your character, Arcblade, but a statement of fact, empirically supported by personal experience.

People who grow up without knowing any LGBT-folks dont' end up thinking the same things that Dan's spouting in the comic.  They end up thinking things that are much worse.

candide

AAAARGH!  Browser Malfunction!

Could a moderator please please please delete the duplicates?

Sorry 'bout the apparent triple-post of the same thing.   :mowsad

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears