04/25/2010 [DMFA#1110] A minor dispute over the ownership of pants

Started by Caswin, April 25, 2010, 12:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baal Hadad

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Pvblivs on April 25, 2010, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: Scow2 on April 25, 2010, 12:24:41 PM
IT EXPLAINS SO MUCH! I'm laughing now that it's been pretty much stated Dan's entire variety of outfits are actually Abel's... Anyone from around when Dan first started spicing up his wardrobe remember how much discussion (if any) was about him being seen in an outfit other than his red-and-gold robe?

Maybe I'm expecting too much from Dan.  But it seems to me that if he thinks Abel has been altering his shirts that he must actually have shirts of his own.
So... does that mean the outfit he wore for his date with Matilda was also Abel's?
Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 25, 2010, 02:16:09 PM
:giggle

Now THAT's funny.  Dan got pwned.
Abel has a rapier wit. What more could one expect? :P

Now if you excuse me, I must return to Tartarus.

Vicorus

Quote from: Bjalf on April 25, 2010, 01:09:49 PM
Dan got into Abel's pants!    :bunny

Both Aaryanna and Jyrras will be jealous over this. I wonder how Matilda will react? Kria will be unhappy. Wildy will be obnoxious. Fa'Lina will show diagrams.

This is definitely a soap opera!

Clearly, most soap operas would benefit from the addition of Fae and Cubi. Although, that may increase the death rate far beyond that of the average soap opera. Especially accidental deaths.

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 25, 2010, 02:28:00 PM
So... does that mean the outfit he wore for his date with Matilda was also Abel's?

For some reason, I can't imagine Abel wearing that sort of get up.

Well, at least Fi is safe from falling rocks now. He just has to make sure not to collide with any walls.

Lego3400

Quote from: Vicorus on April 25, 2010, 02:35:40 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on April 25, 2010, 01:09:49 PM
Clearly, most soap operas would benefit from the addition of Fae and Cubi. Although, that may increase the death rate far beyond that of the average soap opera. Especially accidental deaths.

Don't forget people being turned into statues and topiary!

Lucheek

Quote from: Sofox on April 25, 2010, 01:24:39 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on April 25, 2010, 12:42:44 PM
...Alexsi puts away their clothes? Geeez.

You're surpised?
Kind of. I'm not surprised that Dan doesn't want to/doesn't know how to put away his own laundry, but I'm surprised that Abel is having Alexsi handle his clothes nad mostly surprised that Alexsi does the work instead of just telling them to handle their own laundry.

bradypodidae

Agreed, I don't picture Alexsi playing 'maid' to anyone; I wonder if her current 'mood' isn't the culprit for her tidying up behind the boys, and her laundry service is not the norm.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Amber Williams

Quote from: Lucheek on April 25, 2010, 04:13:34 PM
Kind of. I'm not surprised that Dan doesn't want to/doesn't know how to put away his own laundry, but I'm surprised that Abel is having Alexsi handle his clothes nad mostly surprised that Alexsi does the work instead of just telling them to handle their own laundry.

The long boring reality aspect is Abel does his own laundry, but on occasion has not been the speediest when it comes to taking his clothes out of the dryer so Alexsi has a tendency to just grab whatever is in there and throw it on Dan's bed to make room for her own laundry loads.

I was going to word that out but really...it felt too boring to go into. :U

...why yes I'm a doof enough to actually work out how characters handle their laundry in the comic. :B

Chairtastic

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 25, 2010, 04:49:55 PM

The long boring reality aspect is Abel does his own laundry, but on occasion has not been the speediest when it comes to taking his clothes out of the dryer so Alexsi has a tendency to just grab whatever is in there and throw it on Dan's bed to make room for her own laundry loads.

...why yes I'm a doof enough to actually work out how characters handle their laundry in the comic. :B

Which begs the question of how Pyroduck's wardrobe factors in. :U

Reese Tora

:erk I just realized...

I need to go do some laundry, BRB.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

inuhanyo

I call it being through.  And don't feel like it's just you, on some of the RPG material I've done - as a player - I've added in laundry facilities too. 

Props on Dan's muscles better reflecting his sort-of-retired-but-keeping-in-shape status.

MT Hazard

Sometimes extra detail just happens, you create a character and they take on a life of their own, their life and characteristics maturing and evolving like a real personality. Makes for better characters and a more detailed fictional world.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Lucheek

Aaah, that makes sense. And your're not a doof. I love details like that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2010, 10:10:09 AM
Is their anything more disturbing than putting away your clothe's and grabbing a pair of your mothers underware out of the basket? :erk

... taking them off at the end of the day to put them in the wash, and only _then_ discovering they're your mothers? And you're a guy?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KyleEverett

You know, with a scene like that, the sarcastic ribbing on each other, if this was a soap opera, and given Dan telling Jyrras he could never return his feelings, Abel would eventually fall for Dan, kiss him, and then Dan would be all confused but would eventually return Abel's affection causing angst in our favourite Roo-rat. Thankfully this is not a Soap Opera.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: KyleEverett on April 25, 2010, 09:12:43 PM
You know, with a scene like that, the sarcastic ribbing on each other, if this was a soap opera, and given Dan telling Jyrras he could never return his feelings, Abel would eventually fall for Dan, kiss him, and then Dan would be all confused but would eventually return Abel's affection causing angst in our favourite Roo-rat. Thankfully this is not a Soap Opera.

Oh yeaah .... and then they'd have a baby ... or two. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2010, 08:32:55 PM
Is their anything more disturbing than putting away your clothe's and grabbing a pair of your mothers underware out of the basket? :erk

... taking them off at the end of the day to put them in the wash, and only _then_ discovering they're your mothers? And you're a guy?

Llearch how could you? :U

I know I asked for it, but that is way to much in the TO MUCH INFORMATION catergory.

Must find bleach. Must bleach brain. :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Drayco84

Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2010, 09:40:34 PM

I know I asked for it, but that is way to much in the TO MUCH INFORMATION carergory.

How could he NOT?
Luckily for me, I have my mental imaging on a tight lockdown when I read The Lost Lake Inn.

inuhanyo

I know I asked for it, but that is way to much in the TO MUCH INFORMATION carergory.

You know, TVTropes mentions DMFA under Brain Bleach
"Dan and Mabs Furry Adventures: More times than can be mentioned. Practiclly a Running Gag."

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 26, 2010, 12:08:15 AM

You know, TVTropes mentions DMFA under Brain Bleach
"Dan and Mabs Furry Adventures: More times than can be mentioned. Practiclly a Running Gag."
*snerk*  Too too funny.

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Bjalf

... and then finding a picture of yourself on the internet.

Alterationartist

Quote from: Vanvidum on April 25, 2010, 04:37:14 AM
Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 25, 2010, 03:25:47 AM
This just occurred to me, but thanks to this awesomely anti-climatic tid-bit, Dan and Able are the perfect couple. It's hilarious to me.

And Dan needs to go clothes shopping. That way he won't wear Abel's clothes no-more!

Are you saying Abel and Dan are having a cat fight?

*ba-dum tissshhh*
Round 9!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on April 26, 2010, 05:06:58 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2010, 10:10:09 AMIs their anything more disturbing than putting away your clothe's and grabbing a pair of your mothers underware out of the basket? :erk

'A' :boggle
!!My eyes!!
:ape
They cannot unsee it!

Arcblade

Quote from: Bjalf on April 26, 2010, 05:06:58 AM

Lookup on the brain bleach, please.  Aisle 5?  Thanks. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

I know I asked for it, but that is way to much in the TO MUCH INFORMATION catergory.

Wot? You mean I had to speak from my own experience? Darn. That's far more limiting...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Brunhidden

mad rethoric-

does abel make his own clothes? if not, does he go to some specifically questionable sexual orientation store to find clothes that flamboyant? certanly normal stores dont cater to that kind of taste, although i am still a bit surprised that abel and dan have similar enough bodies that dan did not notice a diffrence in fit

if this is leading to an arc about dan clothes shopping, would abel insist to come along or would that be against his charachter? at this point i dont know, he could insist due to thinking dan has no taste, or he could refuse dan begging him to help as he is afraid of the outside and of malls in general. an alternative is that dan takes jyrras clothes shopping for help, but that does not seem to aim much higher... dan in sweater vest would be funny though

contrast between alexis wearing old timey renessance garb and actually having a clothes dryer, confusing and raises yet more undergarment questions
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Bjalf

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 26, 2010, 02:28:28 PM
would abel insist to come along or would that be against his charachter? at this point i dont know, he could insist due to thinking dan has no taste, or he could refuse dan begging him to help as he is afraid of the outside and of malls in general.

Dan: "Abel, I'm going shopping, you coming along?"
Abel: "Nah, I'd rather not."
Dan: "No problem, I'll just ask Pyroduck."
Abel: "Hold on, let me get my jacket."

Shachza

Oh yes.

The dreaded mixing up of the clotthing. I know you well.

How about your best friend's wife's underwear...  They must have been in their dryer when I coopted it.  (It's cheaper than the laundromat)  I don't know whether to just toss them and hope for the best, or return them ('cause she's a friend too!) and hope for the best.  :dface

I'm feeling a certain kinship with Abel now.   :3
            <-- #1 that is!

VAE

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 26, 2010, 02:28:28 PM
mad rethoric-

does abel make his own clothes? if not, does he go to some specifically questionable sexual orientation store to find clothes that flamboyant? certanly normal stores dont cater to that kind of taste, although i am still a bit surprised that abel and dan have similar enough bodies that dan did not notice a diffrence in fit
He's a cubi - they do not even use the word flamboyant because it is their "normal" way of dressing -  SAIA is a promiscuity haven that would give most conservative politicians a fit.

if this is leading to an arc about dan clothes shopping, would abel insist to come along or would that be against his charachter? at this point i dont know, he could insist due to thinking dan has no taste, or he could refuse dan begging him to help as he is afraid of the outside and of malls in general. an alternative is that dan takes jyrras clothes shopping for help, but that does not seem to aim much higher... dan in sweater vest would be funny though

contrast between alexis wearing old timey renessance garb and actually having a clothes dryer, confusing and raises yet more undergarment questions
I think the reason Alexi wears such garb is that the bar is styled that way - it comes from the original Lost Lake, when the comic began ... so now it needs to be plotted/reasoned away
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: danman on April 27, 2010, 10:22:50 AMSAIA is a promiscuity haven that would give most conservative politicians a fit.

Is it wrong of me to want the conservative politicians to have a fit and then laugh at them ?