04/11/10 [DMFA #1104] - Kria's Haty Adventures

Started by Lisky, April 10, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Congo Jack

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 11, 2010, 03:52:12 AM
is that Kria now, or is it somebody else just pretending to be her?
Is a way to shorten one's lifespan, I think. Kria is proud of things attached to her name.

Bjalf

Quote from: Rafe on April 11, 2010, 02:09:05 AM
Quote from: mad_pooka on April 11, 2010, 02:03:14 AM
Hello, I have been reading this comic for a few years now, but I hadn't posted before and may not again. I may had missed something, but was Dan actually told he was Lorenda's pretend boyfriend?

Yes, but Kria doesn't know about the pretend part.

I can't find it. When was Dan told about this?

Mao

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Arcblade on April 10, 2010, 11:04:02 PM
  At least Kria's smiling.  Although that could quickly turn into a "I'm going to rip your arms out" grin. 

In Kria's case, methinks they're the same thing  :kruger
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Eon

I can't think of a more appropriate fate for the hat than Kria getting it... XD

I wonder what she wants?

Starcat5

Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

jeffh4

Dan walking all happily by the tree reminds me of Abel doing the same thing.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_34.php

And guess what?  Here comes Kria to make it all messy!

Lucheek

Yah. Kria has totally been stalking him for the last week (or however long it was since the battle with Aliph.)

bradley535

I see in my head a future comic; Dan roped to a chair with Krya explaining to Lorenda why she's now allowed (if not expected) to eat him.

Suwako

Quote from: Bjalf on April 11, 2010, 05:54:49 AM
Hello, I have been reading this comic for a few years now, but I hadn't posted before and may not again. I may had missed something, but was Dan actually told he was Lorenda's pretend boyfriend?

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_984.php

Archive is divided in arcs, it is rather easy to find.

Oh dear, there goes the neighbourhood.

jeffh4

Right here:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1044.php

Since Lorenda talks about things being a bit awkward, she can only be talking about pretending that they are a couple.

A. Lurker

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 11, 2010, 10:40:07 AM
Right here:

Since Lorenda talks about things being a bit awkward, she can only be talking about pretending that they are a couple.

Yeah...because it couldn't possibly be about Dan's old arch-nemesis turning out to be her uncle of all people...whom her mother brought back to life once again.

Unless Dan caught and remembers some of the conversation that was going on while he was busy trying not to bleed all over the floor, I don't recall actually seeing anybody bring the subject up around him. It could have happened off screen, of course...but at that point we're veering off into speculation-land either way.

Bjalf

Quote from: Tytaj on April 11, 2010, 10:37:30 AM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_984.php
Nobody's telling Dan anything here. And Dan's not listening, he's busy "fighting family".

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 11, 2010, 10:40:07 AM
Right here:

No, she could be talking about many other things.
- Her mother desperately trying to jump his bones.
- Lorenda being closely related to Dark Pegasus.
- That whole Regina debacle (another danged relative).
- Dan almost getting killed at Lorenda's place.

So yeah, lots of awkward stuff, but Lorenda's not saying a word about them being a couple.

Nope, Dan doesn't know yet.

Dang, ninja'd!

Scarydragon

Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on April 11, 2010, 03:38:01 AM
My first thought, upon seeing Dan's face in the last panel: [Insert record scratch here.]

This is yes. :B

Top-hat Kria is a sexy Kria. :3
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Tapewolf

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 11, 2010, 12:17:27 PM
Yeah...because it couldn't possibly be about Dan's old arch-nemesis turning out to be her uncle of all people...whom her mother brought back to life once again.

True, but having gone to such trouble to save Dan's life, not telling him how this was achieved would be a major - that is, potentially life-threatening - slip on Lorenda's part.  I still think he was told off-screen.  I guess we'll find out on Friday.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

One side of my mind reminds me that Kria knew Abel from the past and thus how his father left his family.

So she might not like people lying and using people like May and Abel where.

I'm of the opinion that Kria thinks if your going to hurt someone be honest about it.

Dan probably got huge points with Kria when he said he'd destroy Regina, but he could be Kria's next meal if he doesn't tell her daughter of he's spending time with another woman.

This whole thing could backfire and Kria might tell her daughter it isn't nice to lie.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Bjalf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 01:37:17 PM
This whole thing could backfire and Kria might tell her daughter it isn't nice to lie.

They're demons. Demons don't do "nice". It's all about power, and lies can be very powerful.

Shachza

Quote from: Scrap Fish on April 10, 2010, 11:54:46 PM
*grabs popcorn and sits down to watch with Fi*

*Sits down to share popcorn*
*Is wearing a "GO KRIA!" shirt, is holding a Kria pennant, and has on a "Kria #1" foam hand thingy*

Quote from: Scarydragon on April 11, 2010, 12:38:25 PM
Top-hat Kria is a sexy Kria. :3

She is never not.   :)  Though now I'm wondering what the Top Hat told her.
            <-- #1 that is!

joshofspam

Quote from: Bjalf on April 11, 2010, 01:56:24 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 01:37:17 PM

They're demons. Demons don't do "nice". It's all about power, and lies can be very powerful.

That's if there isn't a difference between a demon politics lie and a lie between family.

When with family so far Kria seems to show the same personalty every parent has with a child they want to be happy. With a bit of how a demon should act.

While when it comes to politics and battle it's all business.

In many cases it seems that the creatures seem to have double standards of how they deal with eachother.

One for family and friends and one for dealing with everyone else. But then are we any different in real life?

But I will say that Kria did have a bull for a time that she caught cheating on her and so she ate him along with the person he was seeing behind her, so she might be checking out if Dan is doing the same here.

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Drayco84

I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of the forum here. Dan looks annoyed. Note the narrowed eyes, the single strand of hair out of place, and the thin-lipped frown.

Maark30

Well in defense of Kria's action toward her late husband and his home wreker, you must remember she was pregnant at the time he strayed so emotions were high.  This is not the same thing as Dan and Mattie, besides we don't know what Lorena is truly looking for or what sex for that matter.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Traveller

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on April 11, 2010, 03:38:01 AM
My first thought, upon seeing Dan's face in the last panel: [Insert record scratch here.]
Quote from: Drayco84 on April 11, 2010, 02:44:07 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of the forum here. Dan looks annoyed. Note the narrowed eyes, the single strand of hair out of place, and the thin-lipped frown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRp_mVi969I
I think this is an adequate sound effect to match that last panel >:3

Quote from: Maark30 on April 11, 2010, 03:21:27 PM
Well in defense of Kria's action toward her late husband and his home wreker, you must remember she was pregnant at the time he strayed so emotions were high.  This is not the same thing as Dan and Mattie, besides we don't know what Lorena is truly looking for or what sex for that matter.
Also, he relationship skills seem to have improved. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_773.php
Something tells me we haven't hit that "I'm-gonna-rip-your-armswings-off" moment...

Icalasari

Anybody else thinking she may merely knock out Dan and drag him to her daughter's house?
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Oh, I see you found my hat. It's okay, you can keep it."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Bjalf on April 11, 2010, 01:56:24 PM

Kria could well be the exception that proves the rule here...If you remember, she did used to be a school teacher.

Edit: I did just notice her sticking out her tongue slightly, all kind of teasing/ sultry-like. Maybe, this might not end so badly afterall  :mowwink
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Naldru

Quote from: Icalasari on April 11, 2010, 04:46:27 PM
Anybody else thinking she may merely knock out Dan and drag him to her daughter's house?
That would actually be Jyrras's house since Lorenda is staying with him.  I would find it more likely to ask Matilda and Dan to join in a conversation with Lorenda and her to come up with a consistent approach.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

inuhanyo

Well, Kria did just spoil a good mood.  But I take your point, Dan doesn't doesn't know he has anything to worry about.

Rambon

I personally wonder if amber planned this before hand... or if she came up with this after reading the forums?

Shachza

Quote from: Rambon on April 11, 2010, 11:41:13 PM
I personally wonder if amber planned this before hand... or if she came up with this after reading the forums?

That is the great mystery question of the universe.  Unfortunately we will never know the answer.  Just think if we puny forumites could influence the machinations of Go... er... Amber.  The universe cannot allow such a thing!

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 11, 2010, 11:38:04 PM

Well, Kria did just spoil a good mood.  But I take your point, Dan doesn't doesn't know he has anything to worry about.

Actually, he has plenty to worry about.  Last time they met Kria stole his shirt and was trying for more.  This time he doesn't have a friend to rescue him from random, gratuitous Depantsu.
            <-- #1 that is!