03/29/10 [AS2#95] Wow...

Started by Rambon, March 29, 2010, 01:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambon

Aary is telling Abel off nicely! I was expecting something like this too... somewhat.

jeffh4

Looks like Abel's predicament with Aniz's threat to kill his mom was common knowledge around campus. 

It does raise the question back to Aary and everyone else. If what she is saying is true about people wanting to help out, why didn't she or anyone else make that offer?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

While she is entitled to voice her opinions, she's sounding quite like a "mom" here; where she clearly isn't. In that regard I feel, either stop acting like you're his mother or mind your own business, Aary.  :P

SquirrelWizard

I give her an "A" on her message, but a "F" on her method of delivery.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tipod

For being a creature that, like, depends on charm, the delivery wasn't very tactful. She is pretty much right though.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Lego3400

As nasty as she seems she has a very good point. Though the fact that Ainz never finished a combat course sounds like something someone would have told Abel. Abel could have taken a few and and have beaten him.

Congo Jack

Destania made that offer. Very early.
Heh, glad to see that Aary is not cold-blooded manipulative b... after all. She truly is mad at him and act on emotions. And she's cute when doing so.

Madd the Sane

Aary is just digging her hole deeper and deeper.

Why is Aary aproaching Abel now? Why not earlier when Abel could have done something?
Somebody is putting their plan into action. What, I don't know. Who, my guess is Destania; Aary doesn't strike me as the planning type.

Interesting to note that Aary herself failed Battle Tactics.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Baal Hadad

Oh my....   :erk

Aaryanna's Abel's long-lost SISTER?!?!?

I never would have guessed in a million years that of all cubi--

...oh wait....

She's NOT his sister...?

Well, then WHAT DO YOU CARE, AARY?!  JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT PICKING ON PEOPLE!  NYAH!

[/rant]

Sorry about that....  I REALLY hate her right now....

aserath

Whoa dude! Aary is really letting Abel have it and I don't really blame her. Although I can sympathize with Abel. Before he came to the academy he watched Devin and Hennya die before his eyes and his own mother was under threat of death should he ever come back. This is probably why he never smiled before reuniting with his mother. And it is probably why he keeps people at a distance now.

Jairus

While Aary is justifiably angry at Abel, she could have done this situation better. Or, you know, thirty years ago. Unless this wasn't common knowledge until just recently, but if she has known, than yeah, she's still a bitch. I'd also like to point out that someone with an intense crippling fear of blood would not make the best fighter in a combat situation. Just saying.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

aserath

Right right. I forgot about Abel's hemophobia but I'm sure a good psychologist can help cure that.

Baal Hadad

Please help me out here...why does Aary care...?

Amber Williams

I feel I should bring up two things just for quick mention.

1.  This actually isn't the first time Aaryanna and Abel have encountered eachother.  Perhaps it is bad storytelling on my part, or something I will probably mention up in actual DMFA, but in regards to their meeting, one could say there is already a bit of bad history between the two for multiple reasons.  As for the question of why Aaryanna or someone didn't come to Abel years ago with their offers.  She did.

2:  The actual Aaryanna, the kind and wonderful person who let me use her persona many years ago, is a kind and wonderful person.  While I will say that the character in the comic has a life all her own at this point, I figure I should re-mention that just in case the actual Aary does show up that everyone best be nice to her. The interpretation of Aaryanna in the comic is not necessarily the interpretation done by the actual original owner.  And I would be rather upset if people turned any ire they had to the character onto the actual person.  I doubt anyone would, but I figure I would like to mention this just in case the actual Aaryanna does read this thread so she doesn't feel like suddenly everyone is hating her.

Baal Hadad

Wow....

When I saw that Amber had written the very next post I thought, "Uh-oh, I'm in trouble now...."

But that information is good to know.  For my part, I did figure they'd had a history already--otherwise why is Aary acting that way?--so I don't think it's bad storytelling.  And anyway I'm sure many questions will be answered in later installments.

And I confess I keep forgetting that these characters started as Furcadian avatars, so my apologies to the real Aaryanna if she took offense, as I certainly can distinguish between the two and know that the comic character isn't "real" just as Abel and his family aren't "real."  If the real Aaryanna is reading this, none of my hatred is directed at you--only at the character bearing a similar name in this backstory comic.

Madd the Sane

Ah, thanks for clarifying a few things, Amber.
And totally ruining my theory :B
My guess as to why we see this moment is something important happens.
Duh! :doh

I'm guessing Abel snaps. Really bad. Like an Aniz-level snap.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2010, 02:48:13 AM
I feel I should bring up two things just for quick mention.

1.  This actually isn't the first time Aaryanna and Abel have encountered eachother.  Perhaps it is bad storytelling on my part, or something I will probably mention up in actual DMFA, but in regards to their meeting, one could say there is already a bit of bad history between the two for multiple reasons.  As for the question of why Aaryanna or someone didn't come to Abel years ago with their offers.  She did.

2:  The actual Aaryanna, the kind and wonderful person who let me use her persona many years ago, is a kind and wonderful person.  While I will say that the character in the comic has a life all her own at this point, I figure I should re-mention that just in case the actual Aary does show up that everyone best be nice to her. The interpretation of Aaryanna in the comic is not necessarily the interpretation done by the actual original owner.  And I would be rather upset if people turned any ire they had to the character onto the actual person.  I doubt anyone would, but I figure I would like to mention this just in case the actual Aaryanna does read this thread so she doesn't feel like suddenly everyone is hating her.

i.e: she's more ticked off at Abel's inaction than anything else and that deep down she's kind and compassionate?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

And so we go from Mink's childish looking anger to Abel's seriously annoyed anger.

Quote from: Jairus on March 29, 2010, 02:39:30 AM
While Aary is justifiably angry at Abel, she could have done this situation better.

While she may be expressing some anger, I think she's mostly pushing his buttons in all this.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Madd the Sane

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 29, 2010, 03:01:20 AM
While she may be expressing some anger, I think she's mostly pushing his buttons in all this.
Considering Aary's personality, Abel's lack of action probably pushed some of hers.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 29, 2010, 03:01:20 AM
And so we go from Mink's childish looking anger to Abel's seriously annoyed anger.

Quote from: Jairus on March 29, 2010, 02:39:30 AM
While Aary is justifiably angry at Abel, she could have done this situation better.

That's the first thing that came to my mind--I don't understand what investment Aary has in this, that she would go that overboard with her reaction.  It just sounded more like she's kicking Abel at a low point than that she actually cared about anything....

Lego3400

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 29, 2010, 02:55:32 AM
Wow....

When I saw that Amber had written the very next post I thought, "Uh-oh, I'm in trouble now...."

But that information is good to know.  For my part, I did figure they'd had a history already--otherwise why is Aary acting that way?--so I don't think it's bad storytelling.  And anyway I'm sure many questions will be answered in later installments.

And I confess I keep forgetting that these characters started as Furcadian avatars, so my apologies to the real Aaryanna if she took offense, as I certainly can distinguish between the two and know that the comic character isn't "real" just as Abel and his family aren't "real."  If the real Aaryanna is reading this, none of my hatred is directed at you--only at the character bearing a similar name in this backstory comic.

Abel you can hate on all you want and not feel bad about. IIRC he was created by Amber just for this comic as were a number of other charcters. Just thought I should point that out.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 29, 2010, 03:17:53 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 29, 2010, 02:55:32 AM
Wow....

Abel you can hate on all you want and not feel bad about. IIRC he was created by Amber just for this comic as were a number of other charcters. Just thought I should point that out.

But....

But....

<.<

>.>

I don't WANT to hate on Abel....  :(

(Seriously, though, I knew Abel was original.  And thank goodness he is!  ;))

hmm, am I wrong, or is her message technically still adressed at Mink? (After the last strip, where the whole thing started as a conversation with Mink).

Somehow the image of Mink breaking up the situation with a desperate "I'M SORRY ARYANNA, I WILL STUDY HARD AND DO EVERYTHING TO BECOME BETTER" got stuck in my mind now... :B

entropicage

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on March 29, 2010, 04:06:29 AM
hmm, am I wrong, or is her message technically still adressed at Mink? (After the last strip, where the whole thing started as a conversation with Mink).

Somehow the image of Mink breaking up the situation with a desperate "I'M SORRY ARYANNA, I WILL STUDY HARD AND DO EVERYTHING TO BECOME BETTER" got stuck in my mind now... :B

...CUTEST. THOUGHT. EVER.

Gah, broken by the Squiggly!

SoWhatIfImFurry

Well... maybe the reason why he did take up any offers of help from the the other students was because he didn't want any of the to get hurt. Think about it for a second. Basicaly because of his being, all of his friends were killed, an entire village hated his family, and his mom had to suffer losing him. He could have accepted help from others in fighting Aniz, but if any more innocent people who had nothing to do with the situation were to die trying to help him...

Mao

Or, he's a coward.  He had friends.  Allies.  Powerful ones.  He had options.  Access to training and knowledge.  Instead, he gave in to fear and let the actions of a mad man cow him and now he's whining about it.  Rather than blame himself for his own inability to do what had to be done (and to use what was right at his fingertips!), to *take* the steps necessary, he cowed and hid behind the excuse that something *might* happen.  Chicken.  Coward.

I get the feeling that this isn't the first time that someone has stepped up and pointed it out to him, either.  Even in the main arc, Abel is nothing but a little coward who pushes people away by being dicks to them because he's afraid.  I don't even know what he's afraid of anymore.

Jasonrevall

Nosey nosey Aary. If she wanted to do something about it, why didn't she do it herself? Although I assume Aniz was well hidden, and probably wouldn't come out of hiding until Abel showed himself. But that also means that Aniz was a phantom. Phantoms, when intelligent, do not need strength to take down their opponents. From what I've seen, Aniz is a master of disguise. He would be a great assassin as well. All those times he could have already killed Abel's mother. There is a huge chance that Abel's mother would have been killed or kidnapped before anyone of his so called "Allies" would even notice. After all they've done such a great job at finding Aniz to begin with. Actually, I would wager that Aniz is a mastermind, and would have probably killed Abel's mother and taken her place. Then in her form, he would slowly kill Abel, and anyone else protecting her, slowly and painfully.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Pagan

Aniz is not that smart. He was a dumb kid before his clan got destroyed, then he became a psychopath. He isn't a master of disguise, he just changed his form (something all cubi can do), and kept it changed. He isn't a genius planner; the moment Abel was revealed to be a cubi, all his plans fell apart.
Not to mention that Aniz would not have dared go into the city of Zinvith after his fiasco. His mother stayed in that city her whole life, so not only could Abel have gotten backing by allies from the academy, he could have gotten his (second) home town to help him.

Abel is being told facts that he does not want to know, but hey, the truth hurts.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Arcblade

Well, that explains a lot. 

Hm.  That's a lot of time to lie around and do nothing.  I guess you *could* explain it as depression + anxiety, but most humans tend to improve under those conditions, given that amount of time.  Either that, or they suicide, which Abel clearly has not done. 

Wonder what Abel's got to say for himself...

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Jasonrevall on March 29, 2010, 07:40:53 AM
But that also means that Aniz was a phantom. Phantoms, when intelligent, do not need strength to take down their opponents. From what I've seen, Aniz is a master of disguise. He would be a great assassin as well. All those times he could have already killed Abel's mother. There is a huge chance that Abel's mother would have been killed or kidnapped before anyone of his so called "Allies" would even notice. After all they've done such a great job at finding Aniz to begin with. Actually, I would wager that Aniz is a mastermind, and would have probably killed Abel's mother and taken her place. Then in her form, he would slowly kill Abel, and anyone else protecting her, slowly and painfully.

Objection: there is no motive for Aniz to do that at all. Granted he might be insane, but planning an elaborate plan to do all that for no real reason is somewhat far-fetched.

As for Abel, do note that he's still recovering from heavy trauma and hence not exactly in the right mind to do any serious training. Not to mention that the apparent resident psychatrist is Ink...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.