22/03/10 [AS2#93] Caring Aary?

Started by AmigaDragon, March 22, 2010, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 23, 2010, 01:02:57 AM
GA&O? You've lost me.
Referring to the above post: general admiration & ogling
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Les

Oh but we do generally admire, adore and yes oggle Fa'Lina..

We're just more discreet about it.   >:3
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

psilorder

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 07:19:18 PM
Quote from: psilorder on March 22, 2010, 05:46:05 PM
This may have been answered/debated/etc before but i couldnt find it.
In 519 Abel mentions academy standards in relation to dresscode (Dans robe in particular).
What more exactly is the dresscode?

I thiink.. Something in the lines of "If it produces intense salivation in members of opposite gender, it is a good choice"
Besides somewhere else it says that a lot of popular dresses were inspired by Fa'lina...

That would be on the other end of it tho, rules usually specify a minimum dont they?
So what would the minimum be?
"atleast some skin uncovered" ? That sounds a bit strange, but i guess it might make for ease of shapeshifting, but that makes me wonder why not all cubi do like Mystique....

Psaakyrn

Quote from: psilorder on March 23, 2010, 07:26:54 AM
... but that makes me wonder why not all cubi do like Mystique....

Because clothing is more fashionable.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Les

Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 23, 2010, 10:58:00 AM

And doing it 'like Mystique' is a learned skill.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Shachza

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on March 22, 2010, 11:23:20 PM
I wonder why she's the way she is?

Next side-arc: Aary's backstory?   :P
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

On a sidenote, Aary's bustier makes her waist look even thinner than usual.
It's still all there, but the black dress makes it almost disappear.

I think that's pretty well drawn of Amber, to make it look right that way. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Prof B Hunnydew

Why?  Why must Females, Fashion, and the Media are working so hard at get THAT LooK, of  being "dress" yet looking as undressed as possible.     
Just go to the undress look and be done with it all.  Be happy with yourself, and stop trying to belittle me over Your idea of Beauty... So peeps can feel they are better than me.  No one is prefect, or can be.

Why can't High School ever be over with?

PBH

Scow2

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on March 23, 2010, 05:55:02 PM
Why?  Why must Females, Fashion, and the Media are working so hard at get THAT LooK, of  being "dress" yet looking as undressed as possible.     
Just go to the undress look and be done with it all.  Be happy with yourself, and stop trying to belittle me over Your idea of Beauty... So peeps can feel they are better than me.  No one is prefect, or can be.

PBH

Why not just go with the undress look? TvTropes has your answer!

psilorder

Quote from: Les on March 23, 2010, 11:11:22 AM

It would be the type of dressing that gives most freedom for shapeshifting tho. but back to the main question. what would the clothingrule be?

Starcat5

Quote from: danman on March 23, 2010, 04:55:03 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 23, 2010, 01:02:57 AM
GA&O? You've lost me.
Referring to the above post: general admiration & ogling
So it is actually "PSL", then? (The term "Perverse Sexual Lust" was coined by the "It's Walky" fandom, and has been recognized by TVTropes, although I did not bookmark their page on the subject.)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: psilorder on March 23, 2010, 07:26:54 AM... but that makes me wonder why not all cubi do like Mystique....

Shape Shifting Class has your answers !!

http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_066.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_067.php

The archives rock. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

psilorder

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 24, 2010, 07:28:01 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 23, 2010, 10:58:00 AM[quote

Shape Shifting Class has your answers !!

http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_066.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_067.php

The archives rock. :)

Ah, a good reason not to do like Mystique, yeah.
But it doesnt answer my question about what the dresscode is.

Eon

Curious. Haven't seen her for a while. She does look a little different, but that may be due to Amber's style having changed slightly since Aaryanna last appeared. I notice a distinct lack of lipstick on this occasion, which strikes me as somewhat odd.

I'm beginning to wonder if Abel's going to be meeting every character from the main comic who could conceivably have been around for three to four hundred years.

AmigaDragon

The last time we saw her she had been dating Merlitz, so she wanted to look nicer for him. at this point in AS she's likely not seeing anyone romantically.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Keleth

Quote from: Eon on March 24, 2010, 08:38:13 AM
Curious. Haven't seen her for a while. She does look a little different, but that may be due to Amber's style having changed slightly since Aaryanna last appeared. I notice a distinct lack of lipstick on this occasion, which strikes me as somewhat odd.

I'm beginning to wonder if Abel's going to be meeting every character from the main comic who could conceivably have been around for three to four hundred years.

It's in the Main comic that Aaryanna met Abel. Back when Merlitz first met Abel when they 'invaded' the Academy. Since they both knew each other in the main strip. . . it's kind of obvious they would also meet in Abel's prior history.

Which is what Abel's story is.

*golf clap*
Help! I'm gay!

Eibborn

To be fair, he has met a good number of people who've shown up in DMFA. Devin, Aary, Fa'lina, Destania, Kria... uh, more? It makes sense that he would, being a Cubi and all, but it's a valid observation.
/kicks the internet over

Sunblink

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 22, 2010, 04:16:12 PM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 22, 2010, 05:05:55 AM
And here we see why they didn't get along in present either. I'm honestly not surprised tho given she's very Pro Cubi and May of course was a being.

Ah- That makes sense... Aary was obsessive about her Cubi heritage... I bet she puts the low on Abel because he's mixed?

But then she would give Dan the same contempt-filled treatment. In his case she was just like "STOP YOUR BAWLING AND START ACTING LIKE A CUBI ALREADY". I think it's more like a mutual, antagonistic rivalry in Abel and Aaryanna's case, since they really were treating each other as annoying nemeses during their encounter during the SAIA arc.

Besides, we don't know if Aaryanna was the one who started the feud yet, or if it was just something that was started and that kept going through constant retaliation by both parties.

Mao

Or.. *gasp* :U that our usually dinkish (admittedly more in the main story) little wubby cubi did something to piss her off and now she's pwning him at every chance.  That seems to be a possiblity that most folks are avoiding mentioning.

VAE

:mowtongue Your dislike of Abel is so... refreshing ...
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

GabrielsThoughts

she's thinking lunch. good job on femme fatale beauty amber.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tangent

It makes sense that we'd see Abel meet up with other established cubi characters, especially as in-story (DMFA that is) we've already seen Abel has a history with Dan's mother, Fa'Lina, and with Ms. Talkative. But I must admit, I had no idea about Devin being a DMFA character as well... I just never attached the zombie-Devin's name with a young and intact Devin.

It's not a problem. Amber's working it in effectively and naturally. The only thing that makes me scratch my head at all is the existence of Patches 390 years before Jyrras was working on them with Mab.
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Drayco84

PBH
Yes, it's quite odd, especially with the fact that Amber is (At least I think she's a she, because I'm NOT gonna go physically check...) a girl...

No, seriously! She has a valid point! If so many of the female characters are being used as fanservice, then so should the male characters! Seriously, it's very, very sexist! Amber needs some guy outfits that look like they're going to fall off at any moment or something! Besides, I bet most of them won't notice...

Although, both Dan AND Abel have been running around shirtless a lot... Maybe Amber could run a Shirtless arc... (DMFA: We don't need no shirts!)

RandomMetaphysics

Oh, dude. I know Aary was Destania's best student, but I think that's going a bit far :U

Wait a minute... aren't Aary's two favorite "foods" passion and pain?
Ah well, I'm gonna hightail it out of here before things get messy.

Something tells me Aary is just going to keep pushing Abel's buttons, and we all know that won't end well :U
Aary: [Insert very insensitive, sarcastic, and or negative comment about the death of Abel's mom here]
Abel: *RAAAAAGE*

*Runs for the bunker*

VAE

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 24, 2010, 11:32:53 PM
Oh, dude. I know Aary was Destania's best student, but I think that's going a bit far :U

Wait a minute... aren't Aary's two favorite "foods" passion and pain?
Ah well, I'm gonna hightail it out of here before things get messy.

Something tells me Aary is just going to keep pushing Abel's buttons, and we all know that won't end well :U
Aary: [Insert very insensitive, sarcastic, and or negative comment about the death of Abel's mom here]
Abel: *RAAAAAGE*

*Runs for the bunker*

You know, there is not such a thing as Aary running for bunker - if she gets enraged it ends badly,
I have some thinking that she failed Battle tactics exactly because of attacking all out without any intelligent thought.
Saphroneth

PetFriendAmy

Quote from: Tangent on March 24, 2010, 10:10:14 PMThe only thing that makes me scratch my head at all is the existence of Patches 390 years before Jyrras was working on them with Mab.
You mean the morphing amulets? I kinda figured those were two separate things, where the amulets are a magic Creature thing that the Creatures have had going for ages so they could blend in or whatever, while patches are Jyrras' technology and are designed presumably for a broader audience and on a more personal level (e.g. Azlan's that specifically makes him look less Fae rather than like a Being). Perhaps the amulets were where he got the idea, I dunno. *shrug*

VAE

I guess morphing amulets are Milspec stuff - like comparing ARPAnet with internet today
Saphroneth

Sunblink

Quote from: Drayco84 on March 24, 2010, 10:51:49 PM
No, seriously! She has a valid point! If so many of the female characters are being used as fanservice, then so should the male characters! Seriously, it's very, very sexist! Amber needs some guy outfits that look like they're going to fall off at any moment or something! Besides, I bet most of them won't notice...

...Even though I think you totally missed the point of PBH's post, well okay. If that's what you want...

No need to thank me.

Prof B Hunnydew

Why?  Why must Females, Fashion, and the Media are working so hard at get THAT LooK, of  being "dress" yet looking as undressed as possible.    
Just go to the undress look and be done with it all.  Be happy with yourself, and stop trying to belittle me over Your idea of Beauty... So peeps can feel they are better than me.  No one is prefect, or can be.

PBH

Although, both Dan AND Abel have been running around shirtless a lot... Maybe Amber could run a Shirtless arc... (DMFA: We don't need no shirts!)

My rant was against the media and culture-normal specify, Not that I am against Amber and her fanservice, which I like...

A Shirtless Arc:  Dan are always losing his shirt/vest somehow from time to time.  Abel is always shirtless. But Mab, Wildy, and Lorenda going topless would be stretching the PG-13 rating.  Still, Alexsi has been shirtless for Pyro once before, I think. Wait Wildy has been shirtless once for some luck religious types.  Fa'lina and Aary have some super Titillating costumes, which have been close to nude, but not because naughty bits are not "showing".    

Forces of titillation and friction of a girls dress is always be to equal and opposite the force of gravity and torque of movement in PG-13 universes.  The amount of titillation force is inversely proportion to the perceived structural integrity of the dress and the sum of outer surface area.  So, impossible dresses will always stay on, until the girls is out of viewers line of sight.  

This wouldn't be a BIG deal, if we didn't use our clothes as a shield, or armor against the world...or as a status symbol. It is a perverted world.  
If we could accept ourselves as we are, work at just being healthy, and forget about vanity, then we wouldn't need all this foolishness about clothes and make-up.  
PBH
Thank you for your support  Keaton

Drayco84

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on March 25, 2010, 12:45:18 PM

Why?  Why must Females, Fashion, and the Media are working so hard at get THAT LooK, of  being "dress" yet looking as undressed as possible.    
Just go to the undress look and be done with it all.  Be happy with yourself, and stop trying to belittle me over Your idea of Beauty... So peeps can feel they are better than me.  No one is prefect, or can be.

PBH

My rant was against the media and culture-normal specify, Not that I am against Amber and her fanservice, which I like...

A Shirtless Arc:  Dan are always losing his shirt/vest somehow from time to time.  Abel is always shirtless. But Mab, Wildy, and Lorenda going topless would be stretching the PG-13 rating.  Still, Alexsi has been shirtless for Pyro once before, I think. Wait Wildy has been shirtless once for some luck religious types.  Fa'lina and Aary have some super Titillating costumes, which have been close to nude, but not because naughty bits are not "showing".    

Forces of titillation and friction of a girls dress is always be to equal and opposite the force of gravity and torque of movement in PG-13 universes.  The amount of titillation force is inversely proportion to the perceived structural integrity of the dress and the sum of outer surface area.  So, impossible dresses will always stay on, until the girls is out of viewers line of sight.  

This wouldn't be a BIG deal, if we didn't use our clothes as a shield, or armor against the world...or as a status symbol. It is a perverted world.  
If we could accept ourselves as we are, work at just being healthy, and forget about vanity, then we wouldn't need all this foolishness about clothes and make-up.  
PBH
Thank you for your support  Keaton
I figured the female characters would be getting off on a technicality. (The technicality being that blouses and dresses aren't shirts or vests. Although, knowing Wildy, she'd probably go around topless just to prove a point. For her, there's Conveniently Placed Scenery.)