Reese Valentine, Main Character =)

Started by Nino, July 28, 2006, 08:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nino

So I was actually seriously thinking about starting a comic. It probably won't happen, but I went ahead and thought up a main character and did a pic of her. The sad thing is, I already have somewhat of a plot thought up, but I just probably will never find the time to start it. Ah well.

Anyway, Reese Valentine, the Monkey Cordate (which is what I will use instead of "furry" in my comic because "furry" sounds retarded to me).

Go here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37067594

Go read my rant on Deviantart, it's pretty funny. But anyway, I'd list her personality, stuff about her, etc., but you guys really wouldn't care.

I'm to suggestions and critique, as always, but let me just say that I already know the anatomy is crap, so don't bother commenting on it. I do like the spots, though.

Netami

That's pretty cool. I don't see a lot of monkey-ish characters out there. You're right, everybody wants to be a cat.

Wildy

Everybody wants to be a cat... Because a cats the only cat, who knows where its at.. 

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I like the spots. Is there a reason they are only on one side of her body and not the other? I'm sure there's probably a story behind that?

And it looks like the tail has a little fluff to it. Being that its a monkey you usually don't see fluff on monkies. Was that intentional or am I seeing it wrong? I mean they do have fur, but its usually a smoothed down type of fur where as here it does look, well, fluffy. =D I can't think of a better way to explain it.

P.S. I like the name too. I'm a fan of unusual names, or ones that seem common or normal but are coupled together with something that just makes them fit.

RJ

Nino

Quote from: Wildy on July 28, 2006, 10:25:26 PM
Everybody wants to be a cat... Because a cats the only cat, who knows where its at.. 

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I like the spots. Is there a reason they are only on one side of her body and not the other? I'm sure there's probably a story behind that?

And it looks like the tail has a little fluff to it. Being that its a monkey you usually don't see fluff on monkies. Was that intentional or am I seeing it wrong? I mean they do have fur, but its usually a smoothed down type of fur where as here it does look, well, fluffy. =D I can't think of a better way to explain it.

P.S. I like the name too. I'm a fan of unusual names, or ones that seem common or normal but are coupled together with something that just makes them fit.

If there is a reason for the spots being on only one side it has yet to be thought up... I thought it was just kind of cute and quirky =3

Her tail is actually thin (it's not fluffy in the sense Mab's or RJ's is), you just can't tell because it's close to her body. And the fluff is like the fluff on her cheeks or ears; it's just to show that it is indeed furry and not skin. The whole tail will probably look pretty smooth overall, just with a few little fluffs here and there, especially at the end.

Thanks =3 I do like names that are normal if they just seem to fit a character, but it's always nice to have something a little bit different too =)

Wildy

Yeah, the spots are cute. Unique. Guess sometimes you just can't get enough of unique characters. Something different. Being that its a monkey is different but then you took a different turn with the patterning which sort of doubles the affect. Its quite nice.