02/21/10 [DMFA #1091] - A Good Listener

Started by Baal Hadad, February 21, 2010, 02:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Quote from: Bjalf on February 21, 2010, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on February 21, 2010, 09:16:12 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on February 21, 2010, 08:40:03 AM
Probably Mab's son from when she was drinking a soda.

Nope that's Rose, her daughter. Gasp! Rose annd Pip are the same person! It suddenly all makes sense! :P
Nooo, Mab has a son also, and she got him in the same way as Rose, except it was a soda, not  tea.

Hmm, must of missed him, that would put her on the level of 'most unintentional kids' (Two) as Jyrrus.  

edit: Alan Rickman as the voice of Pip, after all he doesn't play villians, he plays interesting people.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

aserath

</lurk>
How about James Earl Jones being the voice of pip. Would be crazy hearing the huge low voice coming from that little drake.

Sind

I can't believe I'm doing this, but
Quote from: Distracting on February 21, 2010, 03:59:43 AM
Ok, let's be honest with ourselves; who else read Pip's lines in the voice of Morgan Freeman?
*Raises hand* ^-^l|l

As for the "Dan finding it out"-drama, I'm sure Abel too smart to even consider crossing Pip =P

Lucheek

Quote from: aserath on February 21, 2010, 12:01:49 PM
</lurk>
How about James Earl Jones being the voice of pip. Would be crazy hearing the huge low voice coming from that little drake.

"Abel...you have forgotten who you are.
Remember...remember..."

Bjalf

Quote from: Lucheek on February 21, 2010, 12:12:28 PM
</lurk>

Remember...remember..."

Wheeze ... gasp ... "I am your father ..."

KyleEverett

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's imagined Pip as having a deeper voice. It must because he comes out sounding as the rationalist.

Arcblade

Woo!  Pip speaks!  I like this development.  I wonder if he'll start talking to people at large now, or if it's just going to be limited to Abel and Mab...

Drakesfyre

Maybe Pip is going to recruit Abel into whatever the former and Mab are scheming? I doubt that Pip would talk otherwise. I imaginer him with a Morgan Freeman voice, but British.

Or maybe it has to do with Aniz? They have frequently said that he's going to come back once Abel hits 400, and he's 399...

Frigid

Quote from: Bjalf on February 21, 2010, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on February 21, 2010, 12:12:28 PM
</lurk>

Remember...remember..."

Wheeze ... gasp ... "I am your father ..."

"I'm not afraid of ghosts, Kane, and I'm not afraid of you!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drakesfyre on February 21, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
Or maybe it has to do with Aniz? They have frequently said that he's going to come back once Abel hits 400, and he's 399...
I'd be surprised if Mab and Pip have any knowledge of Abel's past.  There's no obvious reason for them to know any of that stuff...

</lurk>

You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants and my pets!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RandomMetaphysics

That look on Abel's face in the last panel made me chuckle slightly. I can't help but imagine him thinking "... the heck?"

Here's a question, do any of you think Pip revealing himself to Abel may be a part of Mab's "plan," or is he acting of his own accord?

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2010, 02:58:06 PM
I'd be surprised if Mab and Pip have any knowledge of Abel's past.  There's no obvious reason for them to know any of that stuff...

We are talking about Mab here. When it comes to Mab, or any Fae in general, nothing is really obvious.

Rafe

Ok, let's be honest with ourselves; who else read Pip's lines in the voice of Morgan Freeman?

I'm getting Patrick Stewart, myself.
Rafe

Sind

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 21, 2010, 03:40:45 PM
That look on Abel's face in the last panel made me chuckle slightly. I can't help but imagine him thinking "... the heck?"

Here's a question, do any of you think Pip revealing himself to Abel may be a part of Mab's "plan," or is he acting of his own accord?

Pip doesn't seem to be controlled by Mab. And apparently he likes doing things differently even =P
Though he still might do this for Mabs plan =/

Right now I'm guessing he just wants to have an intelligent talk with someone who isn't part of some big scheme.

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 21, 2010, 03:40:45 PM

We are talking about Mab here. When it comes to Mab, or any Fae in general, nothing is really obvious.

However, Abel's past doesn't seem to be all that important now. Maybe she knows about his special eye-wing combination, but knowing his past, I doubt =/

Scarydragon

Thinking on it, maybe Pip saw that Abel had a crap night, and just wants to help by letting Abel blow off a little steam?

Nah, that's not 'conspiracy theory' enough. :B
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Ted Schiller

(snip Drakesfyre)
(snip aserath)
(snip)

Mab and Fa'Lina are friends.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_581.php
I will concede Fa'Lina probably keeps such cubi matters private.
I suspect that Mab does know, but Pip does not.

With regards,
Ted

The plot thickens! :tohell

Is it just me or do a number of really long-spanning plot lines look like they near a conclusion?

Quote from: Bjalf on February 21, 2010, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on February 21, 2010, 09:16:12 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on February 21, 2010, 08:40:03 AM
Probably Mab's son from when she was drinking a soda.
Nope that's Rose, her daughter. Gasp! Rose annd Pip are the same person! It suddenly all makes sense! :P
Nooo, Mab has a son also, and she got him in the same way as Rose, except it was a soda, not  tea.
No. Due to excessive boredom and a subsequent series of fascinating temporal paradoxes, Pip is actually both Rose's son and Mab's grandfather.

Attic Rat

The voice is obviously that of Peter Lorre...  :erk
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Naldru

I was picturing how Pip would sound with various voices, and I think you should add Jimmy Stewart and Boris Karloff if you want to think of possible images.  Of course, the possibility of Peter Lorre means that you should also think of Sidney Greenstreet.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Roach Lord

I actually felt more of a sophisticated British accent.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Rafe on February 21, 2010, 03:59:01 PM

I hear Patrick Stewart too... Hehe

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Aurawyn on February 21, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

I'm kinda surprised nobody mentioned Barry White.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Aurawyn

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 21, 2010, 09:37:26 PM
Quote from: Aurawyn on February 21, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

I'm kinda surprised nobody mentioned Barry White.

For some odd reason, Barry White gives me the creeps...

Alondro

I'd go with... Sean Connery. 

He's got resume experience being a dragon.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valos

I did...I won't lie

Techcubi

Wait a second, wait a second...Mab has a SON? Since when?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Techcubi on February 21, 2010, 11:35:21 PM
Wait a second, wait a second...Mab has a SON? Since when?

It was either part of a joke or speculation I believe.....  :3

Brownie

Soo...Abel has never seen pip speak before (At least, not that we've seen...) and only heard him "Kii!". And he doesn't look at all suprised. Though, 400 years or however long and it probably wouldn't surprise me either.

ishidan

Quote from: Valos on February 21, 2010, 10:18:39 PM
I did...I won't lie
Freemanic Paracusia?

Rakyth

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2010, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: Naldru on February 21, 2010, 08:22:00 AM
Pip also went after Fi and some of the photographers who were with the group that invaded Mab's glen.

Fi is Dan's companion, though.
EDIT: I take that back, that was before Fi was bound to Dan.

All in all, we don't know much about drakes, aside from what we saw in the Merlitz backstory, which may or may not strictly be canon.  However, if it's not considered normal for them to be able to talk, the obvious supposition is that Pip is a shapeshifter roleplaying as an animal to disguise his true form or identity.
What if Pip is a Fae? Would make a lot of sense, actually.

On the topic of Pip's voice, I read it like Tyrael from Diablo 2.

jeffh4

Add me in to the group that think Mab's Endgame is starting.  I don't think Pip would be taking the risk of revealing his ability to speak common unless the plan had progressed beyond the point where Abel could easily influence it. 

Someone mentioned Drake languages before.  In the Pip page, Amber mentions that there are 3 Drake languages, 2 of which only Drakes speak.  Pyroduck can speak all 38 languages of Furrae, however, so I suppose he's the exception.  Don't think we've ever seen Pyro talking to Pip, however.

The discussion for today's comic does make me wonder which characters know whose secrets, and how many hints are being dropped by Amber that none of us will see until it's already revealed?