01/30/10 [PF #99] - Main screen turn on.

Started by hapless, January 30, 2010, 09:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapless

Hmm... I don't really see why Jakob attempted the Ausmann disguise... was there any significant chance of Josh not telling Ashford about it?
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: hapless on January 30, 2010, 09:45:24 AM
Hmm... I don't really see why Jakob attempted the Ausmann disguise... was there any significant chance of Josh not telling Ashford about it?
Officially, the head of the Jayhawk corporation is Aussman, not Jakob. Thus he takes that appearance in public.

Tapewolf

Quote from: hapless on January 30, 2010, 09:45:24 AM

In fact, he didn't:

http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=76

Also:

http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=69

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=72

I note from Abel's training that he got dragged out of, you can tear a shape-shifted shirt just as easily as a real one. It's just, when you change back, it'll start bleeding.

Unless, of course, it's made out of your wings, I spose. *goes to look that strip up*

http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_067.php

Nope. Hrm. Not healthy to have anything ripped, then.

Not that I expect this to change anything, it's purely a thought I had in passing...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2010, 10:18:34 AM
I note from Abel's training that he got dragged out of, you can tear a shape-shifted shirt just as easily as a real one. It's just, when you change back, it'll start bleeding.

I suspect the shirt would bleed, actually.  What Dorcan was expecting was that the shirt was part of his skin and not detachable.

Jairus

Oh, ouch. Such a terrible joke.

Two thumbs up!  d b
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pagan

Keaton looks surprised in that second-to-last panel.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Oops, I used a few TV bubbles where they should have been rounded.  Fixed now.
The captioning was drafted before I got the art, so...

Chakat Blackspots

The "How are you gentlemen" and "Its you!" made me chuckle.  Nice little reference to that game that caused an internet phenomenon back 10 years ago.  (I think it was Zero Wing?)

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on January 30, 2010, 01:38:15 PM
The "How are you gentlemen" and "Its you!" made me chuckle.  Nice little reference to that game that caused an internet phenomenon back 10 years ago.  (I think it was Zero Wing?)
Yep. Zero Wing. The game everyone knows about but nobody ever played. :B

Pagan

Is that like never going to the bar where everybody knows your name?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on January 30, 2010, 02:06:18 PM
Is that like never going to the bar where everybody knows your name?
Sort of. :B

AmigaDragon

I'm wondering about the "...that would be out of my hands" part. Does that mean a self destruct mechanism or a self preservation protocol built in?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 31, 2010, 12:59:34 AM
I'm wondering about the "...that would be out of my hands" part. Does that mean a self destruct mechanism or a self preservation protocol built in?
That we will find out on Friday.  Or whenever we update.

AmigaDragon

I think it's the latter. Of course, if it's the former, all Jacob has to do is build another body for Josh (remember the soul stones).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Madmann135

I think he is referring to Joshua's self preservation instincts... and the fact that Joshua is now faster and stronger than before which could make him a more dangerous foe.  Simple synthetics logic.

I will say this... the second panel made me burst out laughing.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.