Dee? Dee.

Started by Ragesquid, June 05, 2008, 04:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragesquid

-Based on: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_298.php
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8310/destaniany7.png

Iunno. Felt like drawing something blue, I guess. =3 By far the best DMFA fanart I've done. XD

techmaster-glitch

That is -nice-  ;)

I like those glowing eyes on the dragon-heads.

Tapewolf

Oh, you're good.  Coloured on pen and paper, too.

Two minor niggles from someone who has spent too long refurbishing DMFA strips: the tentacle-heads are more like Dan's than Destania's.  I never understood why they were different - could be artistic drift on Amber's part or they could be slightly different per individual.  Or, Dee could be powerful enough to add her own touch to them.
The other is that the tentacles themselves are kind of fluffy.  For some reason they are always portrayed as being smooth.

Anyway, that's nitpicking.  The image itself is superb and you've captured the style very, very well IMHO.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Wow. Great work! Dee looks like pure Evil here, which is nice. :3

Ragesquid

Heh..thanks. :3

It was 4AM..and I had closed the window by accident, & couldn't find the comic used for reference(er..was "too out-of-it" to look), so I just used Dan as a reference for the tenticles. ^^; Heh..bad me. As for them being fluffy....er..I just tend to make everything fluffier than should be. >.>

James StarRunner

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 05, 2008, 05:14:08 PM
Two minor niggles from someone who has spent too long refurbishing DMFA strips: the tentacle-heads are more like Dan's than Destania's.  I never understood why they were different - could be artistic drift on Amber's part or they could be slightly different per individual.  Or, Dee could be powerful enough to add her own touch to them.

It's also possible that the "attack mode" is slightly different to the "general happy" mode - and Dan's heads are always in the latter mode, whereas we've only seen Destania's in the former.

Or, as you say, that Dee is controlling hers to look more evil...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears