01/13/10 [FFC #59] It's only Taboo if society says so....

Started by Mao, January 13, 2010, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on February 17, 2010, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 17, 2010, 10:03:36 AM
i know i've been slacking off big time as of late, but it's summer here at the moment, and i don't work well under stuffy conditions.  :<

Need to get yourself a window AC (shouldn't be too expensive).

i have an AC unit, but it's noisy and expensive to run

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Turnsky on February 17, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on February 17, 2010, 08:40:17 PM
i know i've been slacking off big time as of late, but it's summer here at the moment, and i don't work well under stuffy conditions.  :<

Need to get yourself a window AC (shouldn't be too expensive).

i have an AC unit, but it's noisy and expensive to run

Electricity expensive out there?  A kWh of power here runs anywhere between $0.03/kWh (Arizona at night, its $0.06/kWh in the day) to around $0.20kWh (probably in California).  Under the billing plan my house is on, its about $0.125/kWh for 500kWh or less, $0.11/kWh for 501-1000kWh, and $0.105/kWh for 1001kWh or more.

So, running a 18,000BTU AC (1.85kW) for 12 hours a day at $0.12/kWh is about $40/month (estimated run time of about 30 minutes an hour with AC on automatic)

Turnsky

it's called a "tight budget"  :U

this is my aircon unit, it's basically a 1hp portable refrigeration unit.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

i know i've been slacking off big time as of late, but it's summer here at the moment, and i don't work well under stuffy conditions.  :<

*Throws a few snowballs at Turnsky to cool off*
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

ChaosMageX

I wish I could go south for the winter that's up here right now.  I hate the cold and it causes my skin to dry out and develop huge gashes as it literally cracks.

Icon by Sunblink

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Turnsky on February 18, 2010, 07:41:51 PM
it's called a "tight budget"  :U

this is my aircon unit, it's basically a 1hp portable refrigeration unit.

Oh, roll around AC units, usually seen at 15, 18 and 20k BTU's.  They're relatively new out here in the states (they started popping up here about two or three years ago)

I could always say to just run them at the hottest part of the day (over 85F, usually 4 or 5PM) and run it for an hour, but that's all up to you.

AmigaDragon

I find that when it's stuffy/muggy, a little fan blowing by me makes it bearable. though too much cooling in one spot that way can cause muscle stiffness.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen