01/11/10 [DMFA #1076] -a Belt like that

Started by Rambon, January 11, 2010, 05:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambon

I want her belt!

Tapewolf

Well, I don't know what he said, but she seems to have taken it well.
Interesting also that Dan seems to have suspected he was a dragon earlier.  I guess adventuring must have taught him whatever telltale signs Aary and Abel picked up on.

EDIT:

See also:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_978.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

I find it interesting that Dan and Matty are starting to look like they were made for each other.  They are hitting it off so well and thy have matching personalities.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Forgot to mention, nice to see things seeming to go well for Dan for a bit.

Lucheek

I hope a dragon flying around with a maiden on his head, that you can apparently see some kind of glimpse from from the ground, isn't going to scare the villagers.

Bjalf

What, he's not on fire? He must be a real sweet-talker.

I wonder if Matilda uses trinoculars.

Edit: Been listening to Queen, Amber?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on January 11, 2010, 07:09:39 AM
Or, she thinks that spying on Dan's sister and her dragon boyfriend makes for a more entertaining date than going to a movie...

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ChaosMageX

Is it just me, or is Pyroduck's dragon form beginning to look more and more horse-like? :erk

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 11, 2010, 08:32:37 AM
...happy endings?  :boogie

Hopefully.
Unfortunately there's still plenty of room for it to go wrong.  When Gen meets Alexsi, for example.  Or if Gen discovers that Abel is 'Cubi.  Or Alexsi discovers that Dan bunked off on his own date.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2010, 07:13:09 AM
Or, she thinks that spying on Dan's sister and her dragon boyfriend makes for a more entertaining date than going to a movie...

I'm thinking Dan and Matilda decided to do some stargazing and happened to catch Alexsi and Pyroduck's return to the Lost Lake area. Two out of three happy endings, one to go?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

ChaosMageX

If Matilda's belt really is a bag of holding, then would anyone care to take a guess at where the opening is?

I can certainly think of few interesting places in relation to her body. >:3

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 11, 2010, 08:56:37 AM
If Matilda's belt really is a bag of holding, then would anyone care to take a guess at where the opening is?

She seems to make a living selling various kinds of hyperdimensional storage, so yes, it most likely is.  And no, I wouldn't...

Arcblade

Honestly, I'm betting more on Matila just being really awesome and understanding about it.

PencilinHand

QFT, still lots of room for trouble to brew but I have to say so far it makes me want to  :3 .

Dealing with Genesis could still be an arc in and of itself.  Once she senses the complete absence of morphing magic, or is distracted by finding two cubi and a dragon under the same roof, either hilarity or drama will ensue. 

Also, I am glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking, "Ooo, stylish and a belt of holding!"

Quote from: Arcblade on January 11, 2010, 09:02:48 AM
Honestly, I'm betting more on Matila just being really awesome and understanding about it.
Matilda acts very maturely and well adjusted, especially considering her background, so it seems likely as you said she is "really awesome and understanding" like that.

A. Lurker

If you stop to think about it, there is something romantic about a guy who cares that much about his sister. Especially considering Matilda's apparent relationship with her own brother...

Wanderer

Same here. Matilda's always shown herself to be really good about that kind of thing. Which may, in fact, make her the best possible match for Dan.

And we have in-comic confirmation of the belt's nature, which loops back to why she wasn't wearing it in the restaurant.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 11, 2010, 08:43:47 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2010, 07:13:09 AM

I'm thinking Dan and Matilda decided to do some stargazing and happened to catch Alexsi and Pyroduck's return to the Lost Lake area. Two out of three happy endings, one to go?

What's the third one, Abel and Gen? :mowcookie
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 11, 2010, 10:41:25 AM
What's the third one, Abel and Gen? :mowcookie

I'd say so.  That one has the most potential to explode into ugliness all round.  Gen could run screaming for backup if she finds two 'Cubi and no Merlitz.  And it would not be good if the Cyra link is known more widely.

Gornemant

...you just want mini Dans, hunting down screaming uncle fewwetpanda with sharp sticks.... oh hey.  :3

Arcblade

Quote from: Wanderer on January 11, 2010, 09:48:16 AM
Same here. Matilda's always shown herself to be really good about that kind of thing. Which may, in fact, make her the best possible match for Dan.

It's lovely they're getting along so well... and just at the right time to be considered cheating on Lorenda, too...  >:3

ooklah

Somehow I could see Matilda saying something like "You wanted to spy on your sister ? What are we doing here? Lets go!"
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Tapewolf

I guess the big question is whether Dan is going to be more scared for Alexsi, knowing that Pyroduck is something it's practically impossible for him defeat, or whether he is going to be relieved that Alexsi has such a strong protector.
He looks slightly sad in panel 2, but happy again in panel 3.

jeffh4

Amber,

To answer your semi-rhetorical question, any time of day that you want to post new comics is AOK with all of us. 

Seriously.

Shachza

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 11, 2010, 08:41:38 AM
Is it just me, or is Pyroduck's dragon form beginning to look more and more horse-like? :erk

It's actually pretty difficult to draw the differences between horse-like peripheral vision and dragon-like binocular vision.  I'm sure Amber didn't want to take a lot of extra time just to get that little detail, so Pyro ends up looking a little equine.  This is especially true when you're doing a strict side-view.

It's something I've been struggling with myself; trying to figgure out how to make my draconic character's head less herbivore-looking from the side than my gazelle character's.  It really comes down to how you draw the eyes, and it's very easy to make binocular vision look weird when drawn from the side.

PS:
Quote from: Rambon on January 11, 2010, 05:53:09 AM
I want her belt!

Me too!  I've never had one that held more than 16 items.   :[
            <-- #1 that is!

Alondro

Dan reminds me of Luffy from "One Piece":  the hero of the tale, famous and powerful parents, increasingly powerful and skilled, and with a straightforward and rather stupid demeanor which accepts whatever comes along. 

Plus, Dan can stretch himself now too!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kibin

...I'd really like to know from Amber how more people don't notice he's a dragon.

I mean, he has a noticiably odd tail, that does not look bearish(or whatever he is in anthro form. Otter, maybe?). Oh, and then there are the wings. The obvious unmistakable dragon-like wings.

Are there normal people with wings to throw people off, or do people simply not notice said wings?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kibin on January 11, 2010, 02:28:41 PM
Oh, and then there are the wings. The obvious unmistakable dragon-like wings.
Are there normal people with wings to throw people off, or do people simply not notice said wings?

They look the same as Demons wings to me.  Demons and part-demons are supposedly one of the most common types of Creature.

Scow2

Wings don't seem to have the stigma attached to them they did ~300 years ago... Dan had wings, and nobody suspected him as more than a being... Well, they knew he was a badass. Azlan also has wings, though he's a fey in disguise...

Apparently, wings are considered a "not uncommon" feature that doesn't arouse suspicion, even though only non-beings have been portrayed with them... Of course, it seems society is more integrated between Beings and Creatures now...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Scow2 on January 11, 2010, 02:54:56 PM
Wings don't seem to have the stigma attached to them they did ~300 years ago... Dan had wings, and nobody suspected him as more than a being... Well, they knew he was a badass. Azlan also has wings, though he's a fey in disguise...

Dan was suspected of being part-Angel, but not many people really seemed to care.  Destania was fingered as a 'Demon' the moment she entered the inn, but after she stopped trying to destroy Edward it didn't really seem to be a problem.

I suspect a lot of it depends on the location - Demon cities they probably don't care what you are too much so long as you don't cause trouble and you pay your taxes on time.  Amber has mentioned that there is something special about the Lost Lake location, though we don't know what.  The implication is that present-day LL is one of the more Creature-tolerant places.