01/05/10 [AS2 #85] - Interesting Tea Time Subject

Started by The_one_who_is_odd, January 05, 2010, 03:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 08, 2010, 12:55:13 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 05, 2010, 11:11:05 PMRemember, Fa'Lina = Evil Succubus.

Has it actually been established that she's evil? Some of what I've seen of her could be interpreted  as good, she can be pleasant or helpful, other could be seen more as neutral. There's more than just the good-evil scale, there's other possible scales to add more dimension to the characters: (borrowing from D&D) lawful-chaotic, ... I'm coming up at a loss to present others right now, but perhaps you get my point.

It's a good point, but I think we can certainly remove the good option from the equation.
Offcourse, one species definition of evil, might be radically different from anothers.

As for extending lifespans, I'd reckon that any being / creature with enough magic and knowledge at their command, should be capable of extending their lives. Like, say, a necromancer could drain people for magical energy and use it to extend his own life, (isn't that what Dark Pegasus is doing ? ) while a wizard would have to come up with some other way to gather enough magical force to do the same spell.

Offcourse, not every creature / being are capable of using magic, so those have to rely on others for life extension. Or have very long lifes naturally, like Matilda.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 12, 2010, 04:57:59 AMIt's a good point, but I think we can certainly remove the good option from the equation.

Actually, no. That strip just conclusively establishes that (a) Fa'lina's clan isn't one of those mentioned who focus on peaceful activities (we will assume she's telling the truth there) and (b) she, personally, isn't above hitting things to solve her problems just like virtually every other member of the cast at some time or other. That's a far cry from "definitely not good". (In fact, check the following strip for her explanation why she KO'd Dan like that...whether giving him a headache to spare his feelings is a good idea may be debatable, but at least she tried. ;))

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 12, 2010, 07:49:57 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 12, 2010, 04:57:59 AMIt's a good point, but I think we can certainly remove the good option from the equation.

Actually, no. That strip just conclusively establishes that (a) Fa'lina's clan isn't one of those mentioned who focus on peaceful activities (we will assume she's telling the truth there) and (b) she, personally, isn't above hitting things to solve her problems just like virtually every other member of the cast at some time or other. That's a far cry from "definitely not good". (In fact, check the following strip for her explanation why she KO'd Dan like that...whether giving him a headache to spare his feelings is a good idea may be debatable, but at least she tried. ;))

Since she's a Tri-wing, she's basically the epitome of her clan ... so yes, that pretty much removes the good option I think.
As for having a good reason, doesn't exclude being evil as well.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.