12/18/09 [PF #91] Bed rolling

Started by Pagan, December 18, 2009, 06:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

While Keaton looks horribly cute in that panel, I wonder why she would sleep with her wings un-shape-shifted. Granted, I know that she isn't sleeping in this panel, but eh. Also, Keaton is 669. Why does she still need sleep? Shouldn't that have been phased out for her by now?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on December 18, 2009, 06:45:00 PM
Why does she still need sleep? Shouldn't that have been phased out for her by now?
I think the key you're looking for is what she's thinking in the top-right panel.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 18, 2009, 06:46:40 PM
Why does she still need sleep? Shouldn't that have been phased out for her by now?
I think the key you're looking for is what she's thinking in the top-right panel.

It's to help keep up the rouse that she's a being, so that she can continue working at Starfire Intelligence Agency without any difficulties with those who aren't aware of what she truly is.

Also, I really wish Ashford's schizo-effective dream could have made it into this page, but perhaps it'll appear in another one.

Icon by Sunblink

Chakat Blackspots

She was killed 600 years earlier and revived by a clan ruler who essentially enslaved her?

In the 5th panel, she seems sad.

Liatai

Not just any clan ruler... a Kamei'sin clan ruler, it looks like, judging by the symbols on the tapestries. And Keaton's cast page says she's a member of the Jyraneth clan... Looks like we might be getting some insight into why the Jyraneth were killing Kamei'sin members (like Simeon's parents) around 420 years later in revenge, in addition to Keaton's story. Yay, backstory! :)

Pagan

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 18, 2009, 06:46:40 PM

Aye, aye. I guess the questions behind my questions is "Why is she pretending to sleep?" and "Does she pretend to sleep every night??
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

LionHeart

I'd say the answers would be "To keep up her cover" and "Presumably, for the same reason".
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Pagan

Now I begin to realize that I might be quite slow. Starfire Intelligence wouldn't let a cubi into their ranks or wouldn't let Katherine specifically in, would they?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ashford seems fully aware that he's employing a 'cubi.........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 18, 2009, 07:07:23 PM
She was killed 600 years earlier and revived by a clan ruler who essentially enslaved her?
She didn't actually die, but it was a near thing.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 18, 2009, 10:56:40 PM
Ashford seems fully aware that he's employing a 'cubi.........
Yes, but it's not something she really wants to be widely known.  Josh didn't know, after all.

ChaosMageX

It's Kamei'sin
It's Kamei'sin
It's Kamei'sin
It's Kamei'sin
It's Kamei'sin
It's Kamei'sin
It's Kamei'sin
It's DARE!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Early update today.  Not a very Christmassy one, I'll admit.  Still, have fun, those of you who are celebrating it.