12/06/09 [DMFA XMAS #3] Here Comes Santa Clause, Here Co-*Grind! Crunch! Mash!*

Started by TheAuldGrump, December 06, 2009, 12:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAuldGrump

Bad kangaroo rat! Bad!

The Auld Grump, straight to the naughty list with you!

*EDIT* Added Linky.

Jacob Darkk

Title probably sucks, first time starting a topic for a comic. ever.

Jyrras really doesn't like pigeons it seems, who can blame him.  If that is Santa, then now it seems we know why Jyrras doesn't believe in him, Santa tries to avoid death trap rooftops.  Only reason he has to go this year is Deebs.  But i think Jyrras will still get something in his stocking, the repair bill for one slay, millions of toys, and the vet bill for 9 reindeer.

(edit) Seems the topic isn't mine anymore, oh well, maybe next time.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Mythbusters

... Time to de-ass the area with the quickness. - Mythbusters

Jasonrevall

if santa dies, does that mean jyrras is the new santa claus?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

e_voyager

personally i don't think he could fit the role. too skinny way too skinny
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Wanderer

Quote from: e_voyager on December 06, 2009, 12:21:29 AM

You didn't see that movie with Tim Allen, did you?

I figure if Santa were coming to Jyrras' place, he'd wear power armor.

terrycloth

Oh, here I was thinking of the Sluggy Freelance Holiday Wars. Santa is a good holiday to get -- you stop time for everything except yourself (and maybe the easter bunny) until you've delivered presents to every kid in the world. Imagine what Jyrass could do with infinite time!

Wanderer

Quote from: terrycloth on December 06, 2009, 12:29:50 AM
Oh, here I was thinking of the Sluggy Freelance Holiday Wars. Santa is a good holiday to get -- you stop time for everything except yourself (and maybe the easter bunny) until you've delivered presents to every kid in the world. Imagine what Jyrass could do with infinite time!
Just thinking about Sluggy gives me a headache. The archives were HUGENORMANTIC five years ago when I read them. I don't even want to imagine what they're like now...

But I did read that storyline. It was... odd. Like everything else in that comic.

e_voyager

Quote from: Wanderer on December 06, 2009, 12:25:56 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on December 06, 2009, 12:21:29 AM

You didn't see that movie with Tim Allen, did you?

I figure if Santa were coming to Jyrras' place, he'd wear power armor.
eh i don't watch too many movies but i was actually referring what Jy's mother said about him and Lorenda in comic 330
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Jacob Darkk on December 06, 2009, 12:17:29 AM
Title probably sucks, first time starting a topic for a comic. ever.

Jyrras really doesn't like pigeons it seems, who can blame him.  If that is Santa, then now it seems we know why Jyrras doesn't believe in him, Santa tries to avoid death trap rooftops.  Only reason he has to go this year is Deebs.  But i think Jyrras will still get something in his stocking, the repair bill for one slay, millions of toys, and the vet bill for 9 reindeer.

(edit) Seems the topic isn't mine anymore, oh well, maybe next time.
Don't worry - there will be a next time. And I only beat you by 24 seconds - mine was not up when you started posting, I just hit Post sooner.

My title wasn't any better, so I may have gotten first post, but you got the title! :P

[Black Knight]What say we call it a draw![/Black Knight]

The Auld Grump

JackTheCubiWolf

NOOOOOOOO!! NOT SANTA!!

Jy's definitely on the naughty list now.
I'm back, and tired.

Brunhidden

now i have to wonder what the heck a cthulu defense grid would look like
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Failcakes

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 06, 2009, 02:12:17 AM
now i have to wonder what the heck a cthulu defense grid would look like
Lots of tentacles, and maybe some madness.

Baal Hadad

Janus Whitefurr

I approve of Jyrras' overly elaborate rooftop defenses. I want.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

iownpants

Non-Euclidean Cthulhoid Defense Grid sounds like the coolest thing Jy has ever made, ever.  The power of madness and tentacles, mwahahaha :mwaha

Sienna Maiu - M T

My, the comic has taken a predictable little turn ^-^

But i think Jyrras will still get something in his stocking, the repair bill for one slay, millions of toys, and the vet bill for 9 reindeer.

That typo is probably more apt than it really ought to be >.>

Only reason he has to go this year is Deebs.

I was thinking the same thing.

Who wants to take bets on that Santa is actually a Fae? :D

Escher

My, Jyrras really walked into that one, didn't he? Saying the equivalent of "Oh, that could never happen!" in that fashion is almost as bad as saying "This should be easy!" or "Nothing could possibly go wrong!" or "This is going to be the best and most memorable wedding you and Hennya will ever have!"
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Tapewolf

Fantastic.  Abel's expression of despair in the button below the comic is rather appropriate too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Shall we let Deebs poke the cadaver with a pointed stick?

thegayhare

I'm seeing jyrras all concered over te poor man while deebs tries to hide a massive sack full of goodies

Chaos

i stop you all, for a moment, to realize the true cool factor of the following;

The Reverse Tesla Atmospheric harvester, a device that acts as a lightning rod, but stores the energy. Go MAD SCIENCE!

The Nanoshard Ozone Monitoring System, which shouldn't factor in, due to it's size, but maybe it's also sharp? Still, cool.

Non-Euclidean Cthuloid Defense Grid!?! Umm??? Used for air traffic control... yes...

The Motion-Responsive Master Blaster Array. Um, if this isn't dealing with a video game, I would think he's a little paranoid. But most importantly, He's calculated the most optimum route using all known air currents... wow.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on December 06, 2009, 03:22:04 AM
Who wants to take bets on that Santa is actually a Fae?

That was my thought as well, and we know how much love Jyrras has for the Fae. Anyway, if not Fae, isn't Santa by definition a magical entity?

For some reason Albanion keeps coming to mind... hmmm.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

... master blaster array...  :giggle

One Santa enters... no Santa leaves  >:3

Fex

Angry Santa is Angry :B

I am happy to not be in Jyras shoes.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on December 06, 2009, 03:22:04 AM
Who wants to take bets on that Santa is actually a Fae? :D

I think in the Furrae universe, this would make the most logical sense given that Santa is basically a magical being

Quote from: e_voyager on December 06, 2009, 12:37:37 AM
eh i don't watch too many movies but i was actually referring what Jy's mother said about him and Lorenda in comic 330

While my Mom was never like this, my grandmother on my Dad's side certainly was.  She wanted to take us away from my Mom and fatten us up because she thought me and my brother was too thin.

Caswin

Alright, even if it's not canon, those descriptions (Mab's enchantments especially) intrigue me and make me wish to hear more.

On a different note, if I wasn't hooked before, I am now.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: wuffnpuff on December 06, 2009, 09:45:26 AM

So Jyrras is the Master, then.

Does that make Dan or Abel Blaster?

*wanders off distracted by the idea of people calling Jy their master.*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ishidan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 06, 2009, 01:15:22 PM
Quote from: wuffnpuff on December 06, 2009, 09:45:26 AM
So Jyrras is the Master, then.
Does that make Dan or Abel Blaster?
*wanders off distracted by the idea of people calling Jy their master.*
No, no, you need someone who can crank up the "oversized rampaging thug" on demand.  Dan and Abel are both too skinny (shapeshifting ability notwithstanding).

Lorenda.

ishidan

Hint for Chaos: MasterBlaster is a character in an old Mel Gibson movie called Mad Max-Beyond Thunderdome.  It's actually two people-a megalomaniac genius midget that runs the power plant for a post-apocalyptic settlement(Master) and his giant thug (Blaster) who usually carries Master around on his back.  Mel Gibson (as Mad Max Rockatansky) becomes a pawn in a power struggle between them and the town's leader, Aunty Entity (Tina Turner).

Naldru

Master Blaster is also a character in the old Saturday morning cartoon show Kidd Video.  Given Amber's previous references to Fraggles and Captain N, this would also seem to be a possible source.

Kidd Video started in 1984 and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was in 1985.

Stevie Wonder also had a song entitled Master Blaster (Jammin') in 1980.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.