Auction - Cameo/Character.

Started by Turnsky, November 17, 2009, 05:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

I'm not lucky enough to win :< someone will out bid me in the last hour or so I just know it.....

ShadesFox

Bah, I don't believe that is likely. I think you have it.

Edit:
My mistake, a lot of play here in the last bit!
The All Purpose Fox

Tapewolf

I was thinking of suggesting Daryil, or Turnsky's interpretation thereof.  However Pal really seems to want this so I'm not going to interfere.

**EDIT**

Looks like he has it.  Congratulations, dude!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

we have a winner!  :3

Edit: don't worry Tape, if i have a cannon-fodder auction, i'll give you first dibs.  >:3 :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Paladin Sheppard

Kabbalist

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on November 27, 2009, 05:48:26 AM
RAWR! *does a happy wolf dance*

Congratulations, Pal! I bow to the better bidder...also, the one that didn't fall asleep.  :mowdizzy

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on November 27, 2009, 05:47:50 AM
Edit: don't worry Tape, if i have a cannon-fodder auction, i'll give you first dibs.  >:3 :U

That's where you pay us for the privilege of killing them, right?
Do I hear... $211?

**EDIT**
It's probably the best for Luke that Daryil didn't get in.  Far too many opportunities to torment Luke further.  He needs a break after what he's been through...

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 27, 2009, 07:01:11 AM
It's probably the best for Luke that Daryil didn't get in.  Far too many opportunities to torment Luke further.  He needs a break after what he's been through...

.. milk just came out of my nose... >.>

And congrats Pal! Can't wait to see what happens :3

Kabbalist

You aren't the only one, Wuffnpuff. I'm very interested in seeing what kind of roommate Pal and Turnsky cook up for Luke. Will he prove to be a source of support, a source of torment, or just really really confusing for our favorite imported protagonist?

I know which one I would have tried, but there's another option that just came to mind: all of the above.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I got paid yesterday. I considered bidding, but decided to let Pal have it, on grounds of I like him, and I didn't really have any sort of character to throw into the comic as a proxy.

Oh, and I've already had a cameo in the comic anyway. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

Aww, I've not had a cameo yet :<

Still, I think that Paige and Luke would be more fun to watch.
The All Purpose Fox

Kabbalist

Hey, if this works out well from a storytelling point of view, Turnsky might try the auction idea again sometime. After all, what author doesn't like new toys to play with? Um, I mean "new characters to explore." Yeah, that's it.  :mwaha

Chakat Blackspots

Congrats on winning Pal.  Now lets see how Luke will interact with his new roommate.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 27, 2009, 07:08:24 PM

He's got several characters.  Paige or Pal would be nice, Ephrael wouldn't quite fit in, being a Being.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 28, 2009, 05:26:57 AM
Quote from: ShadesFox on November 27, 2009, 07:08:24 PM

He's got several characters.  Paige or Pal would be nice, Ephrael wouldn't quite fit in, being a Being.

Having talked to Turnsky about that very thing, I assure you he has ways of fitting beings in. (though in his setting I *think* they're called Setani).

ShadesFox

Heh, in my case my idea would have been to invent a species that are magically/psionically powerful, but are mostly tricksters.  Kind of a nerfed fae.  Have one of them lead Luke around, in that fake doctor snl skit style.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 28, 2009, 12:02:48 PM
Heh, in my case my idea would have been to invent a species that are magically/psionically powerful, but are mostly tricksters.  Kind of a nerfed fae.  Have one of them lead Luke around, in that fake doctor snl skit style.

... by the nose?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

Partly, the skit went like this,
Patient in the examining room.  Doctor comes in, makes small talk, then asks, "Okay, now take off your pants.  Good." Puts his hand between the legs, "Now, turn your head and cough.  Oh that's not good.  Nurse!  Get in here and feel this."
Nurse comes in, reaches a hand down, "Turn your head, cough.  Oh that's not good."
A few moments of this passes before another doctor comes in, "Who the hell are you two?"
Then the two in there run.  "Oh, them.  They come in here and touch people pretending to be doctors.  Don't mind them."

I found it funny.
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 28, 2009, 04:14:52 PM
Partly, the skit went like this,
Patient in the examining room.  Doctor comes in, makes small talk, then asks, "Okay, now take off your pants.  Good." Puts his hand between the legs, "Now, turn your head and cough.  Oh that's not good.  Nurse!  Get in here and feel this."
Nurse comes in, reaches a hand down, "Turn your head, cough.  Oh that's not good."
A few moments of this passes before another doctor comes in, "Who the hell are you two?"
Then the two in there run.  "Oh, them.  They come in here and touch people pretending to be doctors.  Don't mind them."

I found it funny.

sounds like something from a 'carry on' flick.  :U

as for noncubi characters, at this point, nothing's set in stone as far as who the cubi have interacting with them, it's fair to assume that the Ariannian Cubi do keep Setani servants in order to deal with some of the more mundane aspects of life, and with the Terratti, (humans, because quite frankly, most Cubi do well to tolerate them... especially nobles)

ShadesFox

Carry on my wayward son~ (Just as a side note, ever notice how that song is called' carry on wayward son' while the lyrics are 'carry on my wayward son'?)

anyways, I would have wanted something revised, and at least nit named 'shades' :p
The All Purpose Fox

Kabbalist

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 28, 2009, 08:04:21 PM
...anyways, I would have wanted something revised, and at least nit named 'shades' :p

Ah, so you're flexible! That's a good thing, especially when fitting one's own character concept or other ideas into somebody else's story setting. Granted, Turnsky has left plenty of flex in the setting itself, but I can certainly see some ideas working better than others. Granted, much like fans, some authors can be a lot crankier than others about that kind of thing.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kabbalist on November 29, 2009, 03:40:39 AM
Quote from: ShadesFox on November 28, 2009, 08:04:21 PM
...anyways, I would have wanted something revised, and at least nit named 'shades' :p

Ah, so you're flexible! That's a good thing, especially when fitting one's own character concept or other ideas into somebody else's story setting. Granted, Turnsky has left plenty of flex in the setting itself, but I can certainly see some ideas working better than others. Granted, much like fans, some authors can be a lot crankier than others about that kind of thing.

therin lies the crux of Project Ariannia at this point. it's very flexible to the input of others, and, at this point, can wrangle details or extrapolate even further to accommodate... For example, the Ariannian Cubi clan Endaris.. for the most part? inspired by our own Doctor Ink.. in other words, his entire family is like-minded to him in some way, shape or form.  >:3

Hell, i've stated somewhere that as things expand to a "system" level (other worlds and such), Amber could even park Furrae itself in the same system and not miss a beat... although how this affects fanfics across the board, would be amusing somewhat.  >:3 :U