Anyone know how to rewire electronics?

Started by thegayhare, November 16, 2009, 11:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hello all

Well I'm planing on working on some up grades to my costume, and for the head peice I was thinking of using a pair of LG chocolates

the phones have 1.3 mega pixal cams built in and 2 inch lcd display's I was thinking that if there was some way to directly wire the camera into the LCD's so that I can make my cyborg more convincing.

Does anyone have any sugestions. or know of any places on the seb I might be able to go

Dekari

I'm not really good with that kind of stuff but you might want to look around on http://www.instructables.com/

They got a bunch of DIY's for all sorts of stuff.  You might be able to find something along the lines of what you want to do on there.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Tapewolf

It's not simply a matter of rewiring, unfortunately - the CCD may output an analog signal or a digital one, the screen will need a digital signal.  Either way you'll need some kind of DSP to handle the format conversion - the phone most likely does this in software.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

so mostlikely I won't be able to make the display I was thining of

Hmm well I think I can still use them
I can make a movie for the display a little looping hheart beat or data read out

for the head and eyes I'm thinking that maybe I can use one of those cheap night vision goggle rigs they make for kids.

I'll keep watching E-bay looking for them on the cheap

RobbieThe1st

Hey wait a minute - Are these camera phones? Can they display video from the camera under normal operation(like, display as a viewfinder while you take a picture)?
Couldn't you just turn it to that mode, leave it intact - It would probably be the easiest option, if you can find a phone which will do that.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

thegayhare

nope they shut down after about 1 ,inute whith no picture taken

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on November 18, 2009, 12:29:39 AM
nope they shut down after about 1 ,inute whith no picture taken
If you can get some that run Windows Mobile I could probably write something to solve that for you  :P
However, they're likely to be a little expensive, even second-hand.

Dekari

I have no idea how much (or how little) space you have to work with, but would something like this work?

Though I don't know what the prices would look like for some of the stuff used.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 18, 2009, 11:35:34 AM
If you can get some that run Windows Mobile I could probably write something to solve that for you  :P

... How about symbian? *g, d & r*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears