11/07/09 [DMFA #1058] - Why does Abel attract the needy types?

Started by Joe3210, November 07, 2009, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe3210

Here we go.  Three perfect dates in one strip.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

inuhanyo

So, Matilda has Dan talking about himself (in a good way);  Alexsi and Pyro are enjoying themselves.

And Genesis4 is crying on Able's shoulder, so to speak.  Suck it up Abel, listening to drunken customers cry out their hearts is part of a bartenders lot.

Edit: Darn, Ninja'd   Please merge.

Jasonrevall

The more I see Matilda and Dan together the more I think they would make a cute couple.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

OminousShadow

Abel must be wondering what god (Or Fae for that matter since the seem on the tier of God-Dom) he angered in order to have so many annoyances come his way.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Naldru

The fact that Abel can hear her thoughts probably makes it more annoying.  Even if his filters are at max, she is practically screaming her feelings.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

bradypodidae

...how does that whole 'Cubi being an Adventurer thing work, anyway?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

tiggertoo

Quote from: Naldru on November 07, 2009, 09:20:23 PM
The fact that Abel can hear her thoughts probably makes it more annoying.  Even if his filters are at max, she is practically screaming her feelings.

Dunno - when Genesis and her gang showed up at the inn before, they had mind shields (after all, they were looking for cubi, so that would be a prudent thing to have). She probably still has this active -- also, she almost made Abel jump out of his spots when she appeared at the bar, so I have to think that he didn't sense her presence - thus she's shielded right now. So as bad as it is, it could be much worse for Abel.  :)

inuhanyo

Quote from: Naldru on November 07, 2009, 09:20:23 PM

No thought hearing needed, she is bawling her heart out.  Abel's getting a meal of misery tonight whether he wants it or not.

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on November 07, 2009, 09:21:45 PM
...how does that whole 'Cubi being an Adventurer thing work, anyway?
Well, Dan is apparently not the first Adventurer turned 'Cubi.  Wonder if they have a club.

LigerJet

bradypodidae

Quote from: inuhanyo on November 07, 2009, 09:36:51 PM
Well, Dan is apparently not the first Adventurer turned 'Cubi.  Wonder if they have a club.

True; but what about a 'Cubi turned Adventurer? Or in Dan's case, an Adventurer turned 'Cubi returning to Adventuring?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Baal Hadad

I'm with Abel on that one...ick....  XP

I guess I didn't quite realize why Dan retired....

bradypodidae

One more thought, or two, or three; it is nice to see that despite himself Dan seems to be having a pleasant evening out with Matilda (I don't want to see Matilda let down)... so far. I wasn't too worried about Alexsi's night with Pyroduck since he seems to be a bit of a smooth operator to begin with, and Abel should keep the drinks coming and get her keys! ...hopefully there are rooms available at the inn... :P

Avi by Tabi

USMC

JackTheCubiWolf

My thoughts are where's Wildy and Jy on this. It seems almost all the main cast are on dates except them.
I'm back, and tired.

tikitori

I'm just glad Dan forgot about the original plan-at least for now.

If Genesis wants Merl so bad, she needs to take out that beast Aliyka. :D

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on November 07, 2009, 10:33:31 PM
My thoughts are where's Wildy and Jy on this. It seems almost all the main cast are on dates except them.

Jy's probably sulking about Abel somewhere, possibly building extremely large robots to compensate for his mood. Wildy's probably off scheming Regina's death should they ever run into each other, considering she now knows that Regina is still around.

Related to the strip: Pyro and Alexsi are my favourite part of this. Ducky is just so... I don't know... admittedly flamboyant?" "Flatterer." "...yes I am." "Hee."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

inuhanyo

Quote from: LigerJet on November 07, 2009, 09:42:37 PM
Alexsi looks like Dan from behind.

Wings, eye color, hair color, gender.  But aside from those, Alexsi and Dan resemble each other far more than one would expect from even full siblings.

Makes me wonder if Alexsi's mom wasn't also a Succubus, and the 'Cubi traits didn't take.   Of the four amazons we've seen, one's a Being, one's a Dragon, one's a Mythos, and one was Undead.   So a Succubus Amazon seems quite possible.

Wanderer

...I can't remember. Is this one of those places where I get violently murdered if I point out an inconsistency in the comic? Not story or character-wise, but art: something that should be there but doesn't appear to be.

tikitori

Usually Mab prefers to PM about typos and such, not sure about art. I'd PM her just in case.

JackTheCubiWolf

Well, *staps wanderer in the back* maybe it is.

But, keeping with topic, maybe it's because Amber's not 100 percent.
I'm back, and tired.

bdplague

Quote from: Wanderer on November 07, 2009, 11:30:50 PM
...I can't remember. Is this one of those places where I get violently murdered if I point out an inconsistency in the comic? Not story or character-wise, but art: something that should be there but doesn't appear to be.

.... Matilda's belt?

tikitori

You know, I did notice that, but for some reason I thought it was naural for her to "take it off for Dan".

....I jumped the conclusion, I guess. ^^;

OminousShadow

Matilda's Belt is gone? Knew she wouldn't wait long to be completely naked again.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Garsemor

Fore some reason the longer I see Abel and Genisis together the more I see them being a couple. Maybe it's the fact that Abel hasn't shut her up yet. Snits he can't just shut her up because she technical is a costume he'll have to listen to her and in the end who knows what might happen. *hint, hint*

tiggertoo

Quote from: OminousShadow on November 08, 2009, 12:02:22 AM
Matilda's Belt is gone? Knew she wouldn't wait long to be completely naked again.

Didn't notice this until it was pointed out. I guess to me, Matilda really looked unnatural with the belt on - messed up her sleek lines - now she's how she should be. I'm going with "she took it off like you'd take off your coat" -- yeah, that'll work.  :)  Actually, I'm surprised she didn't just put on some jewelry - since this seems to be how she "dresses up": http://www.missmab.com/Demo/Fashion04.php

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Garsemor on November 08, 2009, 03:09:39 AM
Fore some reason the longer I see Abel and GenisisGenesis together the more I see them being a couple. Maybe it's the fact that Abel hasn't shut her up yet. SnitsSince he can't just shut her up because she technical is a costumeshe, technically, is a customer, he'll have to listen to her and in the end who knows what might happen. *hint, hint*

Apart from the fractured English, which a few moments thought would have fixed (after all, you do want to communicate, right? Not just waffle? If you want to waffle, we can fix it so you can talk all you like, and nobody can see it. All you have to do is ask...) the concept in mind is... stupid. What would be the point? Genesis has the hots for Merlitz, who isn't even present. Surely she'd go and find him, first?

Personally, I'm wondering what will happen if Alexsi lets slip that Merlitz left before they were here last time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on November 07, 2009, 09:43:30 PM
True; but what about a 'Cubi turned Adventurer? Or in Dan's case, an Adventurer turned 'Cubi returning to Adventuring?

Chances are they'll be a lot better at it.  If you thought you were a Being, you'd likely retain some kind of empathy with them, right?  Protecting them from monsters is still possible even if you're not a Being yourself, and you'd have a number of traits and spell abilities that would give you an edge over a regular Being doing the same thing.

Quote from: Joe3210 on November 07, 2009, 09:05:16 PM
Here we go.  Three perfect dates in one strip.
Depends how they end up.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

What are Alexsi and Pyroduck watching? looks like eastern dragon ballet.

Also a cubi adventurer has lots of advantages

• Magic
  • Extra built in weapons
  • Trickery options
  • Thought reading
  • Longer youth = more time before retirement
and a few disadvantages, like

• getting distracted easily.
  • overconfidence
  • Beings less likely to trust you

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 08, 2009, 06:26:33 AM

Look at the little 'x'-shaped highlights.  I think it's an ice-sculpture or something.

and a few disadvantages, like

• getting distracted easily.
  • overconfidence
  • Beings less likely to trust you
Overconfidence is a state of mind, it can be fixed.  Getting your butt handed to you like Dan just did is a good way to help, and it probably helps if you were an adventurer beforehand too.

As for the last one, the trick is not to let them know.  That means no tentacles except in emergency, but wandering around fully-winged among Beings is probably not a good idea anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2009, 06:40:29 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on November 08, 2009, 06:26:33 AM

Look at the little 'x'-shaped highlights.  I think it's an ice-sculpture or something.
Not necessarily. Could be metallic dragons.
I first thought about mythos, but I thought maybe Pyroduck called some cousins to provide a display for the evening.
But I think I like the idea of a dragon ballet even more.
Thinking about it, it's not even a contradiction: Maybe Pyroduck hired (or called in a favour) from some cousins who happen to be in the entertainment business.