11/06/09 [DMFA #1057] - Insert foot into mouth. Error: Foot rejected!

Started by !KCA, November 06, 2009, 04:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!KCA

Dan's mouth is smarter than his brain? (Or perhaps just less scheming?)

Tapewolf

That's looking good.  It might mean Dan spends too much time moping over Alexsi and Regina, but could help strike up conversation.  It does away with the whole deception thing, unless he convinces her to go to the Sea Matron in the next strip.

Also it's interesting that they're only about an hour or so away from the coast by gryphon - somehow I'd imagined LL being landlocked.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Succubus_1982

Hooray for non-messing up on Dan and Matildas date.......well.......yet.....

Matilda deserves an awesome date though imo, because she's such a nice sweet person/thing.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Tapewolf

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on November 06, 2009, 06:56:47 AM
Matilda deserves an awesome date though imo, because she's such a nice sweet person/thing.

...or so she seems.  I suspect she is, but the way she acts towards Dan is almost predatory.  If she was the 'Cubi and he was the mythos, it would look very suspicious.

Lucheek

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 05:07:03 AM
That's looking good.  It might mean Dan spends too much time moping over Alexsi and Regina, but could help strike up conversation.  It does away with the whole deception thing, unless he convinces her to go to the Sea Matron in the next strip.

Also it's interesting that they're only about an hour or so away from the coast by gryphon - somehow I'd imagined LL being landlocked.

Well, how fast can a gryphon go?

Hmm...this throughs a monkey wrench in Dan's scheme...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on November 06, 2009, 07:15:24 AM
Well, how fast can a gryphon go?
Slow enough that Beings invented cars and aircraft, I guess...

QuoteHmm...this throughs a monkey wrench in Dan's scheme...
Which is probably for the best.  Alexsi would not be pleased if she saw him.

Failcakes

Chakat Blackspots

Heh, its for the best Dan.  No need to upset Alexsi.

Also, Amber gets sick alot.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ted Schiller

Sneakery and deception is not Dan's strong point.  :)

How to use a date to your advantage while maintaining the appearance of a romantic relationship.   Surely that is taught at SAIA. 

With regards,
Ted

Wanderer

Quote from: Ted Schiller on November 06, 2009, 08:24:01 AM
Sneakery and deception is not Dan's strong point.  :)

How to use a date to your advantage while maintaining the appearance of a romantic relationship.   Surely that is taught at SAIA. 

With regards,
Ted
That's why he shouldn't have left, no?

QuoteDan's mouth is smarter than his brain?
Exactly what I was thinking. Not following Alexi is way better for everyone involved. If she DOES end up in danger that both she and Pyroduck can't get her out of, I fail to see how the addition of Dan would do any good at all. So, instead let's hope Dan's mouth can take him through a nice date with a pretty girl.

Madmann135

Dan sometimes it is best to self monkey-wrench than to go through with a dangerous plan.
Side note Dan and Matt wardrobes match.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 07:14:54 AM
...or so she seems.  I suspect she is, but the way she acts towards Dan is almost predatory.  If she was the 'Cubi and he was the mythos, it would look very suspicious.

Maybe she's trying to mark Dan as hers.  Which only means that she really wants him or sees something in him she likes.  That or it is the only way she can think of to get through Dan's emotional armored hide.

...Or Matilda came from the future knowing that Dan would ascend to tri-wing status or gain an incredible power by accident and in order to keep him from destroying everyone she devised a brilliant plan to help keep Dan, Dan.
And I am typing just to type.

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on November 06, 2009, 07:56:35 AM
Also, Amber gets sick a lot.

She might need to update her immune system and/or switch a more rounded daily diet.
Since I am me and I am not her I would use the rounded diet approach because updating ones immune system might require needles and I hate them.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Here's hoping that every thing turns out all right on theses two dates and they make it back to the inn safe and sound.

Matilda seems real easy going, so I don't perceive anything bad happening unless Dan says something really bad that gets under her skin.

Now if they all go to the Inn after their dates and the adventurer is still there and they all meet in the front of the bar, then we might have a problem.

I wonder who would win that kind of fight?

Fire breather or water squirter?

Hammer and dragon stomp or cute little pip heads?

But seriously, that water mage needs to dry up. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on November 06, 2009, 09:51:16 AM
Now if they all go to the Inn after their dates and the adventurer is still there and they all meet in the front of the bar, then we might have a problem.
Of course, that Dan is dating someone who is not Lorenda may be a problem if Kria gets wind of it.  (Unless 'Cubi having multiple dates is considered normal for them, of course)

Corgatha Taldorthar

I can't really see Kria being all that dangerous over dumping/cheating on Lorenda. Yes, she's likely to be pissed. Yes, she's extremely powerful, and seemingly influential (remember the press conference?) But her attention span is too low. She could probably be dissuaded from taking horrific revenge by a brightly colored ball of string thrown in her general direction.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 06, 2009, 10:05:46 AM
I can't really see Kria being all that dangerous over dumping/cheating on Lorenda. Yes, she's likely to be pissed. Yes, she's extremely powerful, and seemingly influential (remember the press conference?) But her attention span is too low. She could probably be dissuaded from taking horrific revenge by a brightly colored ball of string thrown in her general direction.

True, but that's also what's keeping DP and Regina in check at the moment.

Succubus_1982

On the other hand the last time Kria had to deal with a dumping the offendee didn't survive.....  :erk
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Escher

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on November 06, 2009, 11:46:30 AM

On the other hand the last time Kria had to deal with a dumping the offendee didn't survive.....  :erk

Not only that, but the offendee's hapless new girlfriend, the farm he owned...

...I'd kinda like to think that DMFA wouldn't end/have a complete revamping of the cast within the next few weeks. ^^;

I dunno. Somehow I think the mere presence of Lorenda will ward off quite a bit of the bitter rage that Kria may feel. If she's present at all.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

ooklah

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 07:14:54 AM
Quote from: Succubus_1982 on November 06, 2009, 06:56:47 AM

And there's that nagging thought in the back of my head where he idlly mentions he fought blue mythos from the volcanoes before...

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 06, 2009, 09:24:34 AM

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on November 06, 2009, 07:56:35 AM
Also, Amber gets sick a lot.

She might need to update her immune system and/or switch a more rounded daily diet.
Since I am me and I am not her I would use the rounded diet approach because updating ones immune system might require needles and I hate them.

Firmware updates require downloads and installs, what are these needles you speak of?
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Naldru

With regard to the speed of gryphons, Dan does have access to a Warp-ACL.

It might not know where the restaurant is, but it could probably find the ocean.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 06, 2009, 09:24:34 AM

aptitude update immune-system ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on November 06, 2009, 12:09:00 PM
With regard to the speed of gryphons, Dan does have access to a Warp-ACL.
True, but it might not know where the restaurant is.

Lego3400

That's looking good.  It might mean Dan spends too much time moping over Alexsi and Regina, but could help strike up conversation.  It does away with the whole deception thing, unless he convinces her to go to the Sea Matron in the next strip.

It's probably the lake. You don't find that many lakes right by the sea.  There are also forests. And I think I saw a pine tree in a strip or two O.o

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 06, 2009, 01:29:14 PM

It's probably the lake. You don't find that many lakes right by the sea.
I doubt the reporter would ask for fire magic by the lake if it took an hour to get there by flying gryphon-cart, even if "coast" can somehow be used to refer to the border of a lake (which I have never seen done).

ChaosMageX

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 06, 2009, 01:37:13 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on November 06, 2009, 01:29:14 PM

It's probably the lake. You don't find that many lakes right by the sea.
I doubt the reporter would ask for fire magic by the lake if it took an hour to get there by flying gryphon-cart, even if "coast" can somehow be used to refer to the border of a lake (which I have never seen done).

This is why we need a map of Furrae. :P  And what if lost lake is close enough to the sea to be considered a lagoon?  Or is that name only used to describe bodies of water on islands?

Icon by Sunblink

MT Hazard

They are in a magical land, who knows what geographical oddities exist?

Or in could be really big lake, that leads into the sea, like Hudson bay

Edit: this was supposed to have been posted before ChaosMageX's post.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 06, 2009, 01:50:28 PM
This is why we need a map of Furrae. :P  And what if lost lake is close enough to the sea to be considered a lagoon?  Or is that name only used to describe bodies of water on islands?

I thought lagoons had to be seawater and lakes fresh...

Unfortunately, Amber nixed the idea of doing a map of Furrae at one point.  It may be that geography is her weak point, or that she doesn't want to be constrained by a fixed map...

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 06, 2009, 01:50:28 PM

I thought lagoons had to be seawater and lakes fresh...

Unfortunately, Amber nixed the idea of doing a map of Furrae at one point.  It may be that geography is her weak point, or that she doesn't want to be constrained by a fixed map...

Terry Pratchett resisted the idea of their being a map of Discworld for a long time, due once you have a map you might make mistakes regarding distances and position of landmarks and readers will complain, with no map this isn't really a problem.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 01:55:56 PM
Not to mention that if Amber were to ever actually release an offical map, it'd probably screw over your stories, huh? :P (just teasing)

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 06, 2009, 02:01:16 PM
Not to mention that if Amber were to ever actually release an offical map, it'd probably screw over your stories, huh? :P (just teasing)

Why do you think most of them are set in invented regions?  >:3  

Unless she created a map of every single district in every single country...