11/02/09 [AS2 #76] - Getting your priorities straight

Started by Tapewolf, November 02, 2009, 04:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

From Kria's expression, it might be too late.
I love it that she really cares about him, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tsunari

Hmmm, I would think she is still alive, the expression gives me thoughts of she is heartbroken, paranoid, and stark raving insane.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2009, 04:29:31 AM
From Kria's expression, it might be too late.
I love it that she really cares about him, though.

She'll still be alive, Fa'lina made sure to time it so she would be and Kria even said, "And I will not have her last days miserable due to some twisted punk." She doesn't have very long left for sure tho, Abel's unsure if to really believe Fa'Lina but trusts Kria to the absolute... And she's got to break that news as it's clearly not really sunk in for Abel.

I wouldn't want to be the one doing that, not after such trauma events when he last saw his mother :/
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Succubus_1982

Oh no! Sad Kria! My mind can't take that just after waking up. Even if May is not dead I would imagine she is far from 'okay' probably in a really distressing condition that is only going to serve to upset Abel even more.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

llearch n'n'daCorna

Feather Dancer, do you suppose you could take a moment or two to re-read your message before posting? There are a couple of blatant typos in in that slowing down a bit would resolve, and it's not like the forum is going to race away without you - it's not a chat, after all, for all that some of the threads behave that way sometimes...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Feather Dancer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2009, 06:26:32 AM
Feather Dancer, do you suppose you could take a moment or two to re-read your message before posting? There are a couple of blatant typos in in that slowing down a bit would resolve, and it's not like the forum is going to race away without you - it's not a chat, after all, for all that some of the threads behave that way sometimes...

Sorry I always typo a fair bit and don't always catch them, I didn't realise it was a problem. I apologise and will correct now.

Brunhidden

is SAIA really that misunderstood that even demons think its a nasty place?

she seems ready to 'adopt' him, despite that hes probably old enough to be a grandparent if he was busy enough...
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

MT Hazard

Abel would be about 63-64 at this point. Not sure of the rate longer lived characters emotional mature at.

Dan always struck me as more like a teenager, current Abel -late twenties, Kria -late thirties/early forties and Fa'lina - late fifties/early sixties .
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Well I would take it that Kria has been keeping a close i on Abel's mom since Abel's kidnapping.

It seemed that Kria had very close relation with Abel's mom and with Abel too. That's probably a good thing in this mess. After all nothing says leave her alone then a demon who would tear you apart if you looking at her friend funny.

But then with a murder of a resident child by her husband May might have had to dodge a lot of flack from the towns people when Abel left.

After all, theirs more of a mess then just Abel here being kidnapped.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

AndersW

I love the way Kria is tearing up in the first panel.  It really shows that she cares.

Zedd

Honestly I feel a surge of the word reality is about to hit Abel soon enough

tikitori

I would think Fa'lina brought Abel there in time to see his mom even with Kria's doting.

Her expression says she doesn't want to tell him the news, is all.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 02, 2009, 09:00:28 AM

is SAIA really that misunderstood that even demons think its a nasty place?

I think we're getting another look at just how rare 'Cubi are, and how little accurate information even other Creatures have about them. At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me much to find out the book Hennya read is considered relatively authoritative... even by 'Cubi.

Quote from: AndersW on November 02, 2009, 10:24:37 AM

I love the way Kria is tearing up in the first panel.  It really shows that she cares.

Not only that, I'm impressed by how expressive her ears are.

Hmm. "Did Aniz force you to stay?" Either May never found out about the threat Aniz made, or she never told anyone. The plot thickens. Amber must have stirred it up and added a few more secret herbs and spices.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on November 02, 2009, 02:05:31 PM
I think we're getting another look at just how rare 'Cubi are, and how little accurate information even other Creatures have about them. At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me much to find out the book Hennya read is considered relatively authoritative... even by 'Cubi.

Difficult to say.  Certainly in this particular time period they don't seem to know much about them.
However, DP and Kria seem to have a better grasp of 'Cubi by the present day.  That and Matilda was able to identify Dan's race simply by looking at him.

Lego3400

It's also possible Kria has a low opinion of Cubi in general due to her attitude that one should always declare their deeds.  She just makes exceptions for Abel, because she was his teacher, and Dan because he is strong and has publicly declared all his deeds thus far.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Feather Dancer on November 02, 2009, 06:39:37 AM
Sorry I always typo a fair bit and don't always catch them, I didn't realise it was a problem. I apologise and will correct now.

It's not a _big_ problem, it just irritates my OCD-like compulsiveness. ;-]

... And you're not the only one, hence the public request. With any luck, some others will pay attention as well. *grin*

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2009, 02:14:23 PM
However, DP and Kria seem to have a better grasp of 'Cubi by the present day.  That and Matilda was able to identify Dan's race simply by looking at him.

Matilda has that third eye, which has other capabilities, or so I understand - I'm reading between the lines a bit there, though, so I might well be wrong.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Feather Dancer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2009, 05:16:51 PM

... And you're not the only one, hence the public request. With any luck, some others will pay attention as well. *grin*

Ironically I write some fiction too and yet I STILL don't catch them most of the time :)

Come to think of it I wonder if Cubi were like the witches in that era. Mostly misunderstood (The faces thing I recall so I don't mean in a happy fluffy way) with a few pricks running around to enchance that wrong reputation. Or hell the being secretive/sneaky thing leading just to guessing to use as scary bed time monsters? Course they appear to have remained secretive/sneaky in present day, likely stemming from the Dragon wars but hey. Just some random musing.

Tapewolf

Matilda has that third eye, which has other capabilities, or so I understand - I'm reading between the lines a bit there, though, so I might well be wrong.

That may be how she can identify people's race, but I guess it depends what she sees.  If she observes something that corresponds to his headwings, that would be a bit of a giveaway.

If she's sensing something more aura-like, or something we don't even have the vocabulary to describe properly, chances are she'd only be able to learn that it means 'Cubi' by comparing it to a known example of that race.

Quote from: Feather Dancer on November 02, 2009, 05:36:52 PM
Course they appear to have remained secretive/sneaky in present day, likely stemming from the Dragon wars but hey. Just some random musing.
If your race is being persecuted, which may or may not be the case for 'Cubi, that's a pretty good survival strategy.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2009, 02:14:23 PM

Matilda: ... But you have a good soul first and formost Dan... And that is what I noticed first about you when you came in with your friend to my shop ...

Matilda seems to have unusual senses even for Creatures.

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 02, 2009, 02:24:25 PM
It's also possible Kria has a low opinion of Cubi in general due to her attitude that one should always declare their deeds.  She just makes exceptions for Abel, because she was his teacher, and Dan because he is strong and has publicly declared all his deeds thus far.
Dan declared his purpose and resolution very early during their meeting, plus the fact that Kria recognized his name, thus identifying him as the one who kept vanquishing DP.  It wasn't until a bit later that she found out he was 'Cubi.  By then it couldn't detract from her estimate of his character,  but it did add to her estimate of his power.

The spell check helps, within limits, after that you just have to use preview and not be in a tearing hurry.  <sigh>

tiggertoo

Quote from: inuhanyo on November 02, 2009, 10:44:05 PMDan declared his purpose and resolution very early during their meeting, plus the fact that Kria recognized his name, thus identifying him as the one who kept vanquishing DP.  It wasn't until a bit later that she found out he was 'Cubi.  By then it couldn't detract from her estimate of his character,  but it did add to her estimate of his power.

He also attacked both Regina and DP directly -- without any underhanded sneaky messing about. While such an unconsidered attack was rather unwise - certainly in DP's case anyway - it was something Kria could respect -- and DP seemed to also, once he stopped raging at Lorenda having Dan as her "boyfriend" he actually started thinking of the possibilities of an alliance with Clan Cyra and other such ideas.

Tapewolf

Quote from: tiggertoo on November 02, 2009, 11:25:22 PM
He also attacked both Regina and DP directly -- without any underhanded sneaky messing about. While such an unconsidered attack was rather unwise - certainly in DP's case anyway - it was something Kria could respect -- and DP seemed to also, once he stopped raging at Lorenda having Dan as her "boyfriend" he actually started thinking of the possibilities of an alliance with Clan Cyra and other such ideas.

Well, it's hard to see why he'd want an alliance with Cyra Clan if he thought 'Cubi were all scum.  And Kria's 'incubus-level hot' sounds like a compliment to me.  That makes me think her attitude has changed over the centuries.  It might be that 'Cubi have become a bit more well-known in that time.

Actually... we don't know when the Creature Council and Being-Creature Councils were formed.  If either of those is a fairly recent development, they could easily result in more exposure for obscure races.

Attic Rat

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?