10/31/09 [DMFA #1055] - What a lovely color

Started by Lego3400, October 31, 2009, 03:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

!KCA

Regina is in love with the color pink. Probably because it reminds her of. . .herself.

Also, how long until Pyro catches on to Dan? Think he's already figured it out?

tiggertoo

Yeah, gotta say - Pink Pegasus just doesn't have the zip that Dark Pegasus does. Be tough to terrorize the countryside as Pink Pegasus. And people referring to him as PP wouldn't help his image much either. Right now I think we're seeing a Dark Pegasus migraine.  :)

Alexsi is looking lovely and Ducky really knows how to get there in style.

Valynth

Note to Regina:  Contrary to the Home and Gardens channel, most people, even family, do not like it when you paint their home in a new color.  In fact, doing so is akin to dancing infront of an angry tiger wearing only a piece of steak while being covered in A1.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Lego3400

Also, I just noticed Amber used the british spelling of Color (Colour). Is that how they spell it in canada too?

latei

Ooh, shiny shield on the carriage. Now, is that to keep it aloft, or to stop the bugs from splatting into them?

MT Hazard

Looks like Dan might have a 'get out of being malleted' card right there, saying he was worried about her, followed by an immediate distraction,them meeting his date.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 31, 2009, 05:02:52 AM
Also, I just noticed Amber used the british spelling of Color (Colour). Is that how they spell it in canada too?

IIRC Amber has been spelling it that way even before she moved there.  Not that I'm complaining  >:3

I note that Regina forgot to mask off the skirting board as well.

Quote from: !KCA on October 31, 2009, 04:06:15 AM
Also, how long until Pyro catches on to Dan? Think he's already figured it out?

I don't think we know what Dan is doing yet, unless there's something subtle I've missed.
He can't cancel with Matilda and apparently he couldn't or didn't reschedule, but he may well have given up on the whole following-Alexsi business and just gone on a regular date.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2009, 06:08:26 AMHe can't cancel with Matilda and apparently he couldn't or didn't reschedule, but he may well have given up on the whole following-Alexsi business and just gone on a regular date.

I know I would.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on October 31, 2009, 07:02:07 AM

I know I would.

Yes, but that would be the *smart* thing to do.

So chances are, Dan did something else.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 31, 2009, 09:51:02 AM
Yes, but that would be the *smart* thing to do.
So chances are, Dan did something else.

Not necessarily.  He accepted that using Matilda as a prop was wrong (as per Abel's plea), and at the end of the day he does get on with her quite well - I don't think he wants to jeopardise that relationship, even if he isn't ready to take it further.

Unless he thinks that DP or Regina is liable to target Alexsi directly for a ninja-style assassination, any disturbances they (or anyone else) may cause are liable to be fairly easy to spot.  So in real terms it would be a date unless something obviously catastrophic happens.  And if that happens, Dan would be entirely justified in trying to rescue someone in mid-date.

Caswin

That was hilarious, and I cannot imagine why it was so unexpected, except that if I had expected it it wouldn't be so hilarious.

And it's hilarious.  Hahahaha!  Pink.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

zeldagal12

I'm new to this so I haven't figured out how to do quotes yet.

But in canada you can say "color" either way.

Pagan

Personally, I spell it "colour." I don't care if it's wrong, that version is just a little cooler.

So... No one else find the fact that the two are in a flying chariot is a bit odd?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

zeldagal12

It's not wrong. the only people who care are spellcheck programs. Or at least from what I know.

No, with demons and faes and giant mecha griffons, flying chariots pulled by griffons dosen't seem that strange. :bunny

Zaehlas

OK, yes, I think the redecorating is hilarious...  but...

As soon as I saw that first panel, before I read the rest of the comic, the first thing that jumped into my head with a vengeance was the song "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Zaehlas on October 31, 2009, 11:51:21 AM
OK, yes, I think the redecorating is hilarious...  but...

As soon as I saw that first panel, before I read the rest of the comic, the first thing that jumped into my head with a vengeance was the song "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

NOOOOOOOO!!!  Now I'll get that stuck in my head all day!  :(

techmaster-glitch

Ooh, gryphon-carts are flight-capable? I find this verrry interesting! I wonder exactly what spells are used...

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's how they spell it (ie, correctly) everywhere other than the USA. It's just the north americans who are lazy enough to drop letters. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 31, 2009, 02:17:04 PM

It's how they spell it (ie, correctly) everywhere other than the USA. It's just the north americans who are lazy enough to drop letters. ;-]

Or we just don't go around adding random silent letters to words in an effort to make our former colonies feel stupid.   :P
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

MT Hazard

I have always wondered why certain words have been changed in the USA (Colour, Armour) and they have totally diffrent words for some other things (Boot/Trunk) some that seem ridiculous such as side walk and elevator, make one name more complicated and one more simple.

I think it something to do with the fact it is a former colony that felt the need to distance itself from the British, something Europeans try to do regularly.... 
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Attic Rat

Is anyone else even slightly impressed that Regina took it upon herself to do something resembling work?
Sure, it was poorly thought-out, incompetent work... but at least it shows the instincts are there.

And y'know, having one pinkish-purple room in the place might be useful, to freak out captives or invading adventurers or something.

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Mao

I don't know why, but that last panel struck me as hilarious.  Incredibly so.

Jasonrevall

Noah Webster had alot to do with changing the way things are spelled in America with his An American Dictionary of the English Language. He was respected enough in America that we didn't say anything about the changes. Also there is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of worry. It can make you more aware to what you need to do to prepare for things.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Shachza

I'm betting DP is just upset that Regina didn't talk to me before she bought the paint.  I could have saved her 40% 'cause I work at a paint store!
            <-- #1 that is!

Madmann135

If Regina wanted to repaint she should have called in Abel.  He would have picked a great color for the room and had it done before DP figured out what was going on.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 31, 2009, 02:17:04 PM

Well, we kinda have to. The French added too many :P
Ah, linguistics.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

LionHeart

Quote from: Attic Rat on October 31, 2009, 04:59:31 PM
Is anyone else even slightly impressed that Regina took it upon herself to do something resembling work?
Sure, it was poorly thought-out, incompetent work... but at least it shows the instincts are there.
Actually, I think it was more boredom than a desire to work...

Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 31, 2009, 05:03:46 PM
Noah Webster had alot to do with changing the way things are spelled in America with his An American Dictionary of the English Language. He was respected enough in America that we didn't say anything about the changes.
Just Noah counting for taste, then.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Reese Tora

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 31, 2009, 04:43:47 PM
I have always wondered why certain words have been changed in the USA (Colour, Armour) and they have totally diffrent words for some other things (Boot/Trunk) some that seem ridiculous such as side walk and elevator, make one name more complicated and one more simple.

I think it something to do with the fact it is a former colony that felt the need to distance itself from the British, something Europeans try to do regularly.... 

I can't for the life of me figure out what term is used by the brits for sidewalk. (I know Lift/Elevator... IIRC, the first safe elevator for people was invented in the US, there probably wouldn't have been a common term before every day people started using them, so the brits can probably be blamed for changing from an established name there :P )

In any case, a lot of the differences have to do with the fact that the slang developed independantly to refer to these things, and when the use became wide spread enough that most people talked about them by the slang term, it begins appearing in official documents like car manuals.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 01, 2009, 04:30:31 AM
I can't for the life of me figure out what term is used by the brits for sidewalk.
Pavement, I think you'll find.  (This is assuming 'sidewalk' refers to the raised area of a street for pedestrians to walk down.  If it's something else, then I've misunderstood it for a few years now.)