Started by Alondro, October 29, 2009, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Oh you are so welcome~

In all fairness I think this thread is *far* more amusing than when it was nothing more than a bunch of bawwing back and forth about a movie that the folks discussing it at the time hadn't even seen.  I say this because I can never tell if you're being sarcastic, but just assume that because you're a mod here of all places, you *are* being sarcastic.  Even when you say you're being serious.

I blame llearch.

Keleth

Well of course it's gotten better!

It's got boobs, cocks, trolls, retards, flaming napalm, barbeque luncheons!

It's full of love and hate, tales of sorrow and victory.

This is the new generation of the days of our lives.

The only thing it's missing is some SHOOP DA WOOP!

And here we fix that.
Help! I'm gay!

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on January 07, 2010, 01:58:19 PM
And here we fix that.

That's 3MB.  I can see you making enemies with anyone trying to read this on dialup or a mobile data link  :B

EDIT:
Thinking about it, it'll probably just push your photobucket account over quota.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I think you just proposed a schrodinger's cat problem, superluser.  I think the only way this will work is if I don't directly observe your comment.  Sorry. (in truth I just can't see streaming video at work, they block it. :( )

bill

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 07, 2010, 02:07:37 PM
I think you just proposed a schrodinger's cat problem, superluser.  I think the only way this will work is if I don't directly observe your comment.  Sorry. (in truth I just can't see streaming video at work, they block it. :( )

They don't block it here, they just throttle it to the point where it'd be faster to draw every frame individual with colored pencil and make a flipbook

Mao

That actually sounds kinda epic, in concept.  Animated versions of every movie ever made.  And I mean everything.  Even youtube clips.  Epic.

superluser

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 07, 2010, 02:11:07 PMThat actually sounds kinda epic, in concept.  Animated versions of every movie ever made.  And I mean everything.  Even youtube clips.  Epic.

Have we done this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-reW1eLYE

Edit: Now from the artist's own YouTube account.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

While off topic, I'm posting this while driving :3
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

bill

i'm almost positive posting while driving is a violation of some state or federal law

ShadesFox

I think that just covers texting.
The All Purpose Fox

Keleth

Depending on where you live it varies muchly.

For example, where I'm at they just passed a law where it's forbidden to text, voice (Unless you have a handsfree) or data use any cell phones or data devices while driving.

It's punishable by a 400 dollar fine and losing 3 of your points.

D: I'm glad I got a bluetooth headset for christmas 8D
Help! I'm gay!

superluser

Quote from: Drathorin on January 07, 2010, 11:18:47 PMIt's punishable by a 400 dollar fine and losing 3 of your points.

Whoa!  How many points do you get?  We only get 11 before they can suspend your license.  I mean, it's not exactly easy to get 11 points, but 3 for texting?  If you sped around a school bus while texting, that would get you 11 points!

bill

Quote from: superluser on January 07, 2010, 11:51:20 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on January 07, 2010, 11:18:47 PMIt's punishable by a 400 dollar fine and losing 3 of your points.

Whoa!  How many points do you get?  We only get 11 before they can suspend your license.  I mean, it's not exactly easy to get 11 points, but 3 for texting?  If you sped around a school bus while texting, that would get you 11 points!
Yeah, that's probably a good thing

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drathorin on January 07, 2010, 11:18:47 PM
For example, where I'm at they just passed a law where it's forbidden to text, voice (Unless you have a handsfree) or data use any cell phones or data devices while driving.

And here's the silly thing. The problem when being on the phone is the lack of attention to the road/cars/trucks/trains/buildings/trees etc around you. Tests show that using a handsfree leaves you your hands free, but takes just as much attention away from the driving as using a handful of phone.

So... using a handsfree kit or a phone is just as dangerous, really. And yet one is illegal, and the other is not. Yay for nanny states.

Mao

Knowing the place that Drath is referring to, it's less a case of them being silly and more a case of the government in question willing to give people a chance to prove they can do it.  Just because a few tests say it's just as dangerous, doesn't mean the people believe it (though given some of them, you'd think they'd be easier to lead, right Drath?).  When a government has to deal with a bunch of it's people thinking they're full of shit, things tend to go down hill.  Doing it this way gives them a chance to either prove or disprove the work themselves and when they likely botch it up, the government in question will likely just go, "Well that's that then." and now it's illegal.  Less a nanny state and more not wanting to deal with it's angry rifle toting citizens.

Keleth

Quote from: superluser on January 07, 2010, 11:51:20 PM

It's either 11 total points, or 12. I'm not quite sure, and you get 2 points back after a year of no incidents. . . Or was it 2 years? I've never had it happen so remembering back 8 years ago is kinda fuzzy.

And passing a school bus while it's flashing lights are out when it's picking up a kid? Grounds for total license suspension.  And a possible 5,000 dollar fine.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2010, 05:46:51 AM
Knowing the place that Drath is referring to, it's less a case of them being silly and more a case of the government in question willing to give people a chance to prove they can do it.  Just because a few tests say it's just as dangerous, doesn't mean the people believe it (though given some of them, you'd think they'd be easier to lead, right Drath?).  When a government has to deal with a bunch of it's people thinking they're full of shit, things tend to go down hill.  Doing it this way gives them a chance to either prove or disprove the work themselves and when they likely botch it up, the government in question will likely just go, "Well that's that then." and now it's illegal.  Less a nanny state and more not wanting to deal with it's angry rifle toting citizens.

Yes, what Mao says is correct.

It's more about the government not wanting to squash 'individual' freedoms. (You know, that thing americans always go on about? Freedom?) And give people alternatives to be able to do what they want to do while making it as safe as possible.

And with handsfree headsets going anywhere from $20 dollars and up, really there's no need not to have one.

And Man I just don't get it. Why can't those dumb cows just be led. Seriously, you have the most intelligent beings on this mud rock and they won't go back into their stalls.
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mice won't go back into their stalls?

Or were you talking about dolphins?

You know sometimes, Drath, I really wonder what you're going on about....

;-]

Mao

...No no.. what he says fits.  He's saying that the cows are smarter than the peo....oh.  Oh, I see what you did thar.

Lysander

I predict that quite a few of Llearch's avatars will it into movies. I mean, how many movies don't already have boxes in them compared to those that do? Some come with stuffed animals, some with air, some that allow a person to transfer consciousness to a faux body... There's even few video game movie sequences that involve a guy who performs covert operations with a box.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Keleth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2010, 11:33:48 AM
Mice won't go back into their stalls?

Or were you talking about dolphins?

You know sometimes, Drath, I really wonder what you're going on about....

;-]

Sometimes it's all about the Laughs, the love, and the struggle to survive and sometimes it's just all about being the dude disguised as a dude playing another dude.
Help! I'm gay!

Sofox

Quote from: Lysander on January 08, 2010, 05:23:27 PM
I predict that quite a few of Llearch's avatars will it into movies. I mean, how many movies don't already have boxes in them compared to those that do? Some come with stuffed animals, some with air, some that allow a person to transfer consciousness to a faux body... There's even few video game movie sequences that involve a guy who performs covert operations with a box.   :januscat

So that was what the Half Life games were about.... Llearch murder simulators!

llearch n'n'daCorna

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 09, 2010, 11:33:12 AM
Simulators?

Now that Llearch is gone, his ghost has returned to tell you: Don't play Half Life, whatever you do, just don't Don't play Half Life.   

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna adds superluser to his "simulated" list... *

ooklah

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2010, 04:36:13 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on January 07, 2010, 11:18:47 PM

And here's the silly thing. The problem when being on the phone is the lack of attention to the road/cars/trucks/trains/buildings/trees etc around you. Tests show that using a handsfree leaves you your hands free, but takes just as much attention away from the driving as using a handful of phone.

So... using a handsfree kit or a phone is just as dangerous, really. And yet one is illegal, and the other is not. Yay for nanny states.

So what about talking to other people in the car? Wouldn't that take just as much concentration? I mean with people in the car, there is a much larger chance you're gonna look at them while talking then on a hands-free and no one in the car with you. Maybe we should outlaw passengers while we're at it.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ooklah on January 11, 2010, 12:20:45 PM
So what about talking to other people in the car? Wouldn't that take just as much concentration? I mean with people in the car, there is a much larger chance you're gonna look at them while talking then on a hands-free and no one in the car with you. Maybe we should outlaw passengers while we're at it.

I don't know, I don't think they've tested that. Or, at least, I haven't been informed as to any results including it....