10/25/09 [AS2 #74] - Blue is the color of my true love's eyes. . .

Started by jeffh4, October 25, 2009, 01:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Naldru on October 25, 2009, 07:25:21 PM
And people claim that I am overly analytical.  Okay, possibilities

Kria was wearing gloves

Kria said for Abel to stand on a specific spot and hold the jewel.  Maybe there was something special about that spot such as being located under a death ray.

Perhaps the act of a different person holding the stone results in a display that is only visible through magic.

Perhaps it doesn't pay to overthink things..

...Where is Kria wearing gloves?  I thought those were her regular hooves.

Incidentally, I find it more fun to take things in the comic at face value.  The element of surprise then if something's different has a lot more impact. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

candide

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2009, 05:29:01 AM
As for Fa'lina, I think she's annoyed because if it had been an impostor, it would have meant that she was party to the deception.

You know, when I saw Fa'lina's look, I thought that she was none too pleased at having her word doubted.

Remember, Fa'lina has been in contact with the Zinvth elders.  I'm sure that someone as old and as powerful as Fa'lina would be capable of proving who she is.  (Also, Fa'lina could very well have had regular contact with the Zinvth city elders, for a variety of reasons.)  Since Fa'lina made arrangements with Zinvth to teleport in with Abel, questioning whether that really is Abel with her is, effectively, questioning Fa'lina's veracity.

So, yeah.  I doubt Fa'lina would be all that pleased with someone accusing her of lying.

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 25, 2009, 09:03:54 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on October 25, 2009, 08:31:47 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 25, 2009, 05:52:53 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2009, 05:29:01 AM
EDIT: Would you be able to pass yourself off if you'd trapped your victim's soul...?

Thankfully, well thankfully for most creatures/beings, one cannot. 

Can't one?

One can trap a soul. One can destroy a soul. One can even move a soul from one thing to another.  But one cannot then use said soul to pose as that individual or try to fool the devices which exist to validate one's personal soul aura.  And one cannot really change the signature of the soul to become something else.

I guess it is partially due to author's whimsy, but the way of the universe pretty much has it that one's soul is very much their own thing.  Unique and unduplicatable.  Well...in the sense that you cannot make a soul into an exact copy of an already existing soul.  Creating a whole new soul, by baby or by binary, is a whole different matter.

*Charline takes this as a challenge!*  Dr. Ink and I have work to do!  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Infranscia

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on October 25, 2009, 07:38:39 PM
Quote from: Naldru on October 25, 2009, 07:25:21 PM
And people claim that I am overly analytical.  Okay, possibilities

Kria was wearing gloves

Kria said for Abel to stand on a specific spot and hold the jewel.  Maybe there was something special about that spot such as being located under a death ray.

Perhaps the act of a different person holding the stone results in a display that is only visible through magic.

Perhaps it doesn't pay to overthink things..

...Where is Kria wearing gloves?  I thought those were her regular hooves.

Incidentally, I find it more fun to take things in the comic at face value.  The element of surprise then if something's different has a lot more impact. :3

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are her normal hooves.  She seems to have solid black with fluff at her wrists no matter what she's wearing, and Lorenda, Aliph, and Regina have them, too.  Even so, it would take more than just gloves to block an aura (energy can transfer through objects - what do you think wands are for?), and asking someone to remove their gloves for this test seems odd and inconvenient to me.

Also, I'd assume they'd want the gem to be portable so they can use it on anyone, anywhere.  She never said anything about having to be on that particular spot, just that he had to 'stand there,' which usually implies that one doesn't do much, if anything.

The 'only visible through magic' part is possible, but it still seems like an unnecessary step to add to the enchantment, which is probably already pretty complex.  Kria did say the test would be easy.

Who says I'm overthinking?  This just came to me as I was reading over the comic/posting.  It is entirely possible that it's an oversight, but I still want to know if there's an explanation.

...Though come to look at it again, she seems to hold the gem with her left hand and hand something to Abel with her right one.  ...Well, I'm more willing to believe that that one's an oversight, or drawing mistake, or that she just switched hands.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

ishidan

Or the whole thing was a bluff, and that was just an ordinary blue gemstone-Kria was pulling a Columbo trick.
How's it work?  If such a ritual is performed during infancy, and it leaves no lasting marks, you won't remember it being done.  

Your parents would, however--or equally recognize the lack thereof.

Abel wouldn't know to call BS.  Aniz would, and would either blurt out that there was no such thing or be extremely confident that nothing would happen instead of apprehensive and asking how to interpret a lack of response.  
Or attempt to refuse the test if such a thing really existed, which the 'real thing' would have no need to do.
All Fa'lina would have to do is play along.

Succubus_1982

Ah but you forget what an excellent actor Aniz is. Remember he managed to fool May into thinking he was her loving husband Cid for YEARS before she ever knew the truth. He could have fairly easily imitated Abel's naivety.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 26, 2009, 05:31:34 AM
Ah but you forget what an excellent actor Aniz is. Remember he managed to fool May into thinking he was her loving husband Cid for YEARS before she ever knew the truth. He could have fairly easily imitated Abel's naivety.

He could also read Mays' mind. I'll bet he can't read Kria's.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears