10/18/09 [DMFA #1052] - That's not a good way to start a date...

Started by Darkdragon, October 18, 2009, 02:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

Either Alexsi is really worried about the inn without her presence or she really hasn't gone on a date in a long, long time.

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

LionHeart

Quote from: Darkdragon on October 18, 2009, 02:55:44 AM
Either Alexsi is really worried about the inn without her presence or she really hasn't gone on a date in a long, long time.

Probably a bit of both.

If she's that anxious, you'd think she would have just written it all out for him...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Baal Hadad

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on October 18, 2009, 02:58:34 AM
Wooh, I barely recognise Alexi dressed like that.

She is stunning in that outfit, and with that hairstyle.  :D  I've never seen her do her hair differently, that I can recall (with one exception I'm not sure of the reason for)....

But yeah, she's not going to be much fun on a date if all she can think of is how the inn's going to fare in her absence.  Dan and Abel took care of it fine once already, and she knows that.  I'm not usually one for picking people up without their knowledge and consent, but I'm with Pyroduck on this one.  Either put it out of your mind or stay home and don't go on the date.

I'm surprised Abel didn't react to Pyroduck's presence this time, though, even after Fa'Lina's explanation to him.

Oh, and "I can't watch the bar if you drag me along Alexsi!!"?  HILARIOUS!   :giggle  I guess he's becoming less afraid of Alexsi now that he can say that to her.  Then again, he did say she was like a little button on a rattlesnake before....   :rolleyes

EDIT: Yeah, why NOT write it all down for him?  "Do them all, do them in order, and do them quickly."

inuhanyo

OK, just because it hasn't been said yet...Alexsi is Hot!  We've never seen her dress to the nines before.

Oh, and Pyroduck is looking real fine, too.

Yeah, Alexsi hasn't been out on a date for too long.

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on October 18, 2009, 03:21:35 AM
OK, just because it hasn't been said yet...Alexsi is Hot!  We've never seen her dress to the nines before.

Oh, and Pyroduck is looking real fine, too.

Yeah, Alexsi hasn't been out on a date for too long.

I was going to say it, but I thought it might sound wierd.
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on October 18, 2009, 03:02:39 AM
If she's that anxious, you'd think she would have just written it all out for him...

What makes you think she hasn't? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Looks like we'll have to wait to see Dan's evening plans.

Also if it hasn't already been mentioned, 375 + 24 = 399, just putting that out there for tomorrow.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Succubus_1982

Oh my, Alexsi looks like a Lady for once. And Pyro's looking pretty spiffy too!

I get the sneaking suspicion that even if Dan weren't to ruin Alexsi's date she would ruin it herself, constantly fretting about the inn and probably cutting dinner short to go back and check on things. She is too in love with the place really. Pyroduck hasn't a chance in winning her heart away from it.

Ah well at least he isn't dating Mab or her parents for that matter

Now to see if Matilda and Dan go through with their date and if Dan can manage to dress up enough to look right next to Matilda and that stunning belt  :P
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

bradypodidae

That is exactly how my sister acted when she and her husband went out on their first date after she gave birth to their first child. She also made her husband regret having a cell phone...

I don't think she learned to relax on a night out until much later.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lucheek

Have I mentioned I love Amber's fantasy fashion sense? Because hot diggity I do. Cool clothes. I really like Pyroducks.

And: This reminds me of "Did you pack an umbrella? How many pairs of underwear? Maybe it's going to be cold, pack a jacket, oh and a hat! Don't forget to always pack a hat!"

Kibin

....so Dan is going on a date with Matilda.

So that she can protect his sister if any harm comes to her.

When she's going to be on a date with a FREAKING DRAGON.

And a completely unrelated topic to what I was just talking about, is this a cat from Chrono Trigger?!  :januscat

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kibin on October 18, 2009, 12:51:45 PM

I'm pretty sure Dan doesn't know what Pyroduck is.

Ted Schiller

I wonder if Abel will shape shift to make it appear there are more than one serving the tavern.  Such as a giant, friendly orc.  You would be surprised at how friendly and peaceful folks can be if they think there is a giant, friendly orc in the back room.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Kibin

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2009, 12:53:20 PM

Right. Still pretty silly to us, the viewer, who knows this,

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2009, 12:53:20 PM

You are?  Why do you say that?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2009, 02:22:10 PM
You are?  Why do you say that?

He's not reacting right.  He seems to just think of him as a useless know-it-all (see 683).

If he knew that Pyroduck is actually more dangerous than himself, Abel, Dark Pegasus and Kria all put together, I doubt he'd be worrying about Regina of all people.
(As llearch put it, Dan would probably believe that Pyro was going to abduct Alexsi or something... he doesn't seem to trust dragons).

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2009, 02:32:20 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2009, 02:22:10 PM
You are?  Why do you say that?

He's not reacting right.  He seems to just think of him as a useless know-it-all (see 683).

If he knew that Pyroduck is actually more dangerous than himself, Abel, Dark Pegasus and Kria all put together, I doubt he'd be worrying about Regina of all people.
(As llearch put it, Dan would probably believe that Pyro was going to abduct Alexsi or something... he doesn't seem to trust dragons).

:giggle  I don't know why, but "he's not reacting right" sounds funny....

I suppose you're right--there was that strip where he said he hated dragons, but I didn't take it seriously because that whole chapter didn't really take itself seriously.  I mean, Dan DIED in that....  :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2009, 02:34:11 PM
I suppose you're right--there was that strip where he said he hated dragons, but I didn't take it seriously because that whole chapter didn't really take itself seriously.  I mean, Dan DIED in that....  :P

...which is why I didn't cite that.  However, note that he was brought up by Destania.  I would be immensely surprised if she told him that dragons were wonderful and fun to play with.  (There's the red dragon in Warrior for Hire, mind you)

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2009, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2009, 02:34:11 PM
I suppose you're right--there was that strip where he said he hated dragons, but I didn't take it seriously because that whole chapter didn't really take itself seriously.  I mean, Dan DIED in that....  :P

...which is why I didn't cite that.  However, note that he was brought up by Destania.  I would be immensely surprised if she told him that dragons were wonderful and fun to play with.  (There's the red dragon in Warrior for Hire, mind you)

Ah, that is true....

inuhanyo

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2009, 02:47:02 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2009, 02:45:19 PM

...which is why I didn't cite that.  However, note that he was brought up by Destania.  I would be immensely surprised if she told him that dragons were wonderful and fun to play with.  (There's the red dragon in Warrior for Hire, mind you)

Ah, that is true....

Whom Dan owed ten bucks to, so there had to be some previous peaceful interaction there.  And said red dragon acted too dumb to realize that Dan was on the "Keep Out" list.

The way Alexsi and Pyroduck are dressed, it looks like the plan isn't "dinner and a movie" but more along "dining and dancing". 

Titanium Dragon

Yeah, Dan doesn't seem to really show all that much malice towards dragons, at least no more than he does any other non-fae creature.

Failcakes

Whoah
It's kind of like when a mother watches her kids head off to the first day of school

Jasonrevall

Like lucheek said, the fashion in DMFA is pretty awesome. And all this is well and swell, but is anyone else worried about where Wildy went? I would be more concerned about that than Alexi going on a date.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Madmann135

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 18, 2009, 09:54:39 AM
That is exactly how my sister acted when she and her husband went out on their first date after she gave birth to their first child. She also made her husband regret having a cell phone...

So your saying the Inn is Alexsi's baby?

I like how the dragon in this one is kidnapping the maiden to take her out on their first official date.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 18, 2009, 07:37:58 PM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 18, 2009, 09:54:39 AM

So your saying the Inn is Alexsi's baby?

I like how the dragon in this one is kidnapping the maiden to take her out on their first official date.

:giggle

Oh my GOD, that didn't even OCCUR to me!  What subtle and clever wit!  :D

joshofspam

I never thought of Lost Lake as a family restaurant .

Is lost lake off the side of a road where any traveler comes because its along a well traveled road, or an out of the way place in a scenic location where you have a huge numbers of regulars that frequently come to the pub, or is it fairly close to the town?

We know it's next to the lake, but that's about it.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

I think that the interaction between Alexsi and Abel indicates that Alexsi has a hard time letting go.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC